Go Back   2023 2024 MBA > MBA > Main Forum

Old 7th July 2015, 11:47 AM
Unregistered

Default All Indian economic services

My sister is looking for the All Indian Economic Service syllabus. will you please give me the link to download the syllabus of the All Indian Economic Service? also give me the link from where I can download the notification of this exam, so that I can get full details about it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 7th April 2018, 03:47 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: All Indian economic services

Someone is here who will provide link to download old year question papers of All Indian Economic Services Examination? I have started for All Indian Economic Services Examination and have syllabus. So give link to download question paper.
Old 7th April 2018, 03:49 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: All Indian economic services

As you are looking for old year question papers of All Indian Economic Services Examination, so here I am providing question papers:

All Indian Economic Services Exam Question Paper:

SECTION A
(Compulsory Section)
Answer all of the following six parts in about 100 words each : 5 6=30

1. (a) Define substitution effect. Separate income effect from substitution effect for a fall in the price of a Giffen type good using a suitable diagram. 5

(b) Show that if the consumer is free from money illusion, the demand function is homogeneous of degree zero. 5

(c) Give the different views of equity and use utility possibility frontier to show that efficiency does not necessarily imply equity. 5

(d) State the assumptions of Classical Linear Regression Model. Why are the regressors (X) assumed to be non-stochastic in repeated samples? 5

(e) For the Cobb-Douglas production function Q = A L a (where symbols have usual meaning), calculate the input elasticities of output and also derive an expression for the expansion path of the firm. 5

(f) Define level of significance. How is this level decided for a given problem ? Can we take it as
2% or 6% ? Explain. 5

SECTION B
3. Show that, If the second order condition is satisfied, every point of tangency between an isoquant and an isocost line is the solution of both a constrained maximum and a constrained minimum. 15

4. Distinguish between point estimation and interval estimation of a population parameter. State the small sample properties of a good estimator.

5. Derive the long run supply function under perfect competition when there are external economies or external diseconomies.

6. Pareto optimal allocation is contingent upon the assumption that there are no external effects on consumption and production. Examine what happens if there are external effects. 15

7. What is stationarity in a time series analysis ? Show that a random work model is non-stationary. Discuss the Dickey-Fuller test for stationarity. 15

All Indian Economic Services (GENERAL ECONOMICS) Question Paper 1