Go Back   2023 2024 MBA > MBA > Main Forum

Old 19th October 2012, 12:09 PM
Divya.re

Default Bharathidasan University Syllabus for UG

I am Undergraduate student and I am studying in the Bharathidasan University, I am looking for my syllabus so can you tell me that from where can I get the syllabus?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 7th April 2018, 11:47 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Bharathidasan University Syllabus for UG

Can you provide me the UG (Under Graduate) Program - B.A Economics - Syllabus offered by Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirappalli?
Old 7th April 2018, 11:51 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Bharathidasan University Syllabus for UG

The UG (Under Graduate) Program - B.A Economics - Syllabus offered by Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirappalli is as follows:

CORE COURSE I

MICRO ECONOMICS I

Objective: To make the students understand the decision making process of individual consumers and firms.

Module I: Introduction to Micro Economics
Definition Nature and Scope of Micro Economics Methodology in Economics: Positive and Normative Economics Static and Dynamic analysis Deductive and Inductive methods Choice as an economic problem Basic postulates of Micro Economics.

Module II: Consumption
Law of demand Elasticity of demand - Utility Cardinal and Ordinal approaches Law of Diminishing Marginal Utility Law of Equi-marginal utility Indifference curve analysis Income, Substitution and Price effects Consumer‟s equilibrium under IC analysis Consumer‟s surplus

Module III: Theory of Production
Production: Meaning and features Production function Production decisions Law of Variable Proportions - Iso-quants- Producer‟s equilibrium- Factors substitution Returns to scale and Economies of scale.

Module IV: Cost and Revenue Analysis
Cost concepts Opportunity cost- Money Cost- Real Cost- Social Cost- Cost Function- Short- run and Long- run costs- Theories of costs Total, fixed, variable and marginal cost relationship between AC and MC AR and MR Relationship between cost and revenue curves

Module V: Welfare Economics
Welfare Economics: Meaning and features Classical Welfare Economics Concept of Value judgement Pigous Double criterion Problems in measuring welfare - Concept of Social Welfare function Paretos Optimality conditions.

B.A Economics - Syllabus Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirappalli