Go Back   2023 2024 MBA > MBA > Main Forum

Old 8th July 2015, 02:46 PM
Unregistered

Default B Sc Agriculture in Anna University

Hello sir I want to do B.Sc in Agriculture from the Anna University so please give me details about there admission procedure? from where can I get the application form of it? What is the Last Date of issue of Application form of it, tell me there important dates?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 21st February 2018, 02:33 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Bsc Agriculture in Anna University

Can you provide me the syllabus of B. Sc. Agricultural and Irrigation Engineering Program offered by Anna University, Chennai as I want to check it before taking admission in it?
Old 21st February 2018, 02:37 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Bsc Agriculture in Anna University

Anna University, Chennai does not offer B. Sc. Agricultural and Irrigation Engineering Program. Instead, it offers B. E. Agricultural and Irrigation Engineering and its syllabus is as follows:

HS 8151 TECHNICAL ENGLISH I L T P C

UNIT I

Listening - Introducing learners to GIE - Types of listening - Listening to audio (verbal & sounds); Speaking - Speaking about ones place, important festivals etc. Introducing oneself, ones family / friend; Reading - Skimming a reading passage Scanning for specific information - Note-making; Writing - Free writing on any given topic (My favourite place / Hobbies / School life, etc.) - Sentence completion - Autobiographical writing (writing about ones leisure time activities, hometown, etc.); Grammar - Prepositions - Reference words - Wh-questions - Tenses (Simple); Vocabulary - Word formation - Word expansion (root words / etymology); E-materials - Interactive exercises for Grammar & Vocabulary - Reading comprehension exercises - Listening to audio files and answering questions.

UNIT II
Listening - Listening and responding to video lectures / talks; Speaking - Describing a simple process (filling a form, etc.) - Asking & answering questions - Telephone skills Telephone etiquette; Reading Critical reading - Finding key information in a given text - Sifting facts from opinions; Writing - Biographical writing (place, people) - Lab descriptions (general/specific description of laboratory experiments) - Definitions - Recommendations; Grammar - Use of imperatives - Subject-verb agreement; Vocabulary - Compound words - Word Association; E-materials - Interactive exercises for Grammar and Vocabulary - Listening exercises with sample telephone conversations / lectures Picture-based activities.

UNIT III
Listening - Listening to specific task - focused audio tracks; Speaking - Role-play Simulation - Group interaction - Speaking in formal situations (teachers, officials, foreigners); Reading - Reading and interpreting visual material; Writing - Jumbled sentences - Coherence and cohesion in writing - Channel conversion (flowchart into process) - Types of paragraph (cause & effect / compare & contrast / narrative / analytical) - Informal writing (letter/e-mail/blogs) Paraphrasing; Grammar - Tenses (Past) - Use of sequence words - Adjectives; Vocabulary - Different forms and uses of words, Cause and effect words; E-materials - Interactive exercises for Grammar and Vocabulary - Excerpts from films related to the theme and follow up exercises - Pictures of flow charts and tables for interpretations.

UNIT IV
Listening - Watching videos / documentaries and responding to questions based on them; Speaking - Responding to questions - Different forms of interviews - Speaking at different types of interviews; Reading - Making inference from the reading passage - Predicting the content of a reading passage; Writing - Interpreting visual materials (line graphs, pie charts etc.) - Essay writing Different types of essays; Grammar - Adverbs Tenses future time reference; Vocabulary - Single word substitutes - Use of abbreviations & acronyms; E-materials - Interactive exercises for Grammar and Vocabulary - Sample interviews film scenes - dialogue writing.

UNIT V
Listening - Listening to different accents, Listening to Speeches/Presentations, Listening to broadcast & telecast from Radio & TV; Speaking - Giving impromptu talks, Making presentations on given topics; Reading - Email communication - Reading the attachment files having a poem/joke/proverb - Sending their responses through email Writing Creative writing, Poster making; Grammar - Direct and indirect speech; Vocabulary - Lexical items (fixed / semi fixed expressions); E-materials - Interactive exercises for Grammar & Vocabulary - Sending emails with attachment Audio / video excerpts of different accents, - Interpreting posters.

Anna University B. E. Agricultural and Irrigation Engineering Syllabus