Go Back   2023 2024 MBA > MBA > Main Forum

Old 8th July 2015, 02:54 PM
Unregistered

Default Critical Reasoning for CLAT

I have applied for the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) and starting the prepartaion of it from the Critical Reasoning section so please tell me about the important topics of the Critical Reasoning section of the Common Law Admission Test?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 28th March 2018, 12:23 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Critical Reasoning for CLAT

I am preparing for CLAT Entrance Test for admission in BA LLB Course. I am searching for sample questions for Critical Reasoning section, so tell me from where I can download sample questions based on Critical Reasoning Section of CLAT Entrance Test.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 28th March 2018, 12:24 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Critical Reasoning for CLAT

As you want to download sample questions based on Critical Reasoning Section of CLAT Entrance Test, so here are sample questions:

CLAT Entrance Test Sample Questions based on Critical Reasoning:

Q.1 Statement: Should wrestlers be banned if they use prohibited performance enhancement drugs?
Arguments: I. Yes. Taking performance-enhancing drugs is illegal and anyone who violates the rules should be punished.
II. No. The wrestler should be given another chance to improve himself/herself.
a) Only I is forceful
b) Only II is forceful
c) Both are forceful
d) Neither are forceful

Q.2 Statement: Should Indian writers be forced to write in Hindi?
Arguments: I. Yes, because Hindi is our national language.
II. No, because it is important to know other languages.
a) Only I is forceful
b) Only II is forceful
c) Both are forceful
d) Neither are forceful

Q.3 Statement: Should India and Pakistan sign a no-war pact?
Arguments: I. Yes. It will help in maintaining stability and peace in the region.
II. No, Pakistanis cannot be trusted.
a) Only I is forceful
b) Only II is forceful
c) Both are forceful
d) Neither are forceful

Q.4 Statement: Should the Principal expel all the students who were involved in the ragging incident?
Arguments: I. Yes. Non- rustication of such students in the past has resulted in increased criminal activities in and around the school.
II. No. Students have a freedom of speech and expression.
a) Only I is forceful
b) Only II is forceful
c) Both are forceful
d) Neither are forceful

Q.5 Statement: Should the government take-up interlinking of all the rivers in India?
Arguments: I. Yes. This will save the farmers from the erratic nature of monsoons.
II. No. The impact of such a measure on climate and ecology has not been assessed.
a) Only I is forceful
b) Only II is forceful
c) Both are forceful
d) Neither are forceful

Q.6 In Los Angeles, a political candidate who buys saturation radio advertising will get maximum name recognition.
The statement above logically conveys which of the following?

1. Radio advertising is the most important factor in political campaigns in Los Angeles.
2. Maximum name recognition in Los Angeles will help a candidate to win a higher percentage of votes cast in the city.
3. Saturation radio advertising reaches every demographically distinct sector of the voting population of Los Angeles.
4. For maximum name recognition a candidate need not spend on media channels other than radio advertising.
5. A candidates record of achievement in the Los Angeles area will do little to affect his or her name recognition there.

Q.7 The increase in the number of newspaper articles exposed as fabrications serves to bolster the contention that publishers are more interested in boosting circulation than in printing the truth. Even minor publications have staffs to check such obvious fraud.
The argument above assumes that

1. newspaper stories exposed as fabrications are a recent phenomenon.
2. everything a newspaper prints must be factually verifiable.
3. fact checking is more comprehensive for minor publications than for major ones.
4. only recently have newspapers admitted to publishing intentionally fraudulent stories.
5. the publishers of newspapers are the people who decide what to print in their newspapers.

Q.8 Time and again it has been shown that students who attend colleges with low faculty/student ratios get the most well-rounded education. As a result, when my children are ready to attend college, I l be sure they attend a school with a very small student population.
Which of the following, if true, identifies the greatest flaw in the reasoning above?

1. A low faculty/student ratio is the effect of a well-rounded education, not its source.
2. Intelligence should be considered the result of childhood environment, not advanced education.
3. A very small student population does not by itself, ensure a low faculty/student ratio.
4. Parental desires and preferences rarely determines a childs choice of a college or university.
5. Students must take advantage of the low faculty/student ratio by intentionally choosing small classes.

Q.9 All German philosphers, except for Marx, are idealists.
From which of the following can the statement above be most properly inferred?

1. Except for Marx, if someone is an idealist philosopher, then he or she is German.
2. Marx is the only non-German philosopher who is an idealist.
3. If a German is an idealist, then he or she is a philosopher, as long as he or she is not Marx.
4. Marx is not an idealist German philosopher.
5. Aside from the philosopher Marx, if someone is a German, then he or she is an idealist.

Q.10 Bill earns more commission than does Sandra. But since Andrew earns more commission than does Lisa, it follows that Bill earns more commission than does Lisa.
Any of the following, if introduced into the argument as an additional premise, makes the argument above logically correct EXCEPT:

1. Andrew earns more commission than Bill
2. Sandra earns more commission than Lisa
3. Sandra earns more commission than Andrew
4. Sandra and Andrew earn the same amount of commission
5. Bill and Andrew earn the same amount of commission

Q.11 In 2003 an airline in United State lost more than half, on average, of the foreign passengers they had previously served each year. Researchers have alleged that this extreme drop resulted from a rise in price of tickets for international lines from $60 to $90 per 1,000 miles.
Which of the following, if feasible, offers the best prospects for alleviating the problem of the drop in passengers as the researchers assessed it?

1. Cooperating with other airlines to provide more international lines.
2. Allowing foreign passengers to pay the same as the previous international line
3. Reemphasizing the goals and mission of the airline as serving both domestic passengers and foreign passengers
4. Increasing the financial resources of the airline by raising the ticket price for domestic passengers
5. Offering superior VIP service for foreign passengers.

Q.12 If highways were restricted to cars and only those truck with capacity of less than 8 tons, most the truck traffic would be forced to run outside highway. Such a reduction in the amount of truck traffic would reduce the risk of collision in highway.

The conclusion drawn in the first sentence depends on which of the following assumptions?

1. The roads outside highway would be as convenient as highway for most drivers of truck.
2. Most roads outside highways are not ready to handle truck traffic.
3. Most trucks that are currently running in highway have a capacity of more than 8 tons.
4. Cars are at greater risk of becoming involved in collisions than are trucks.
5. A reduction in the risk of collision would eventually lead to increases in car traffic.

Answers
1. (a)
2. (d)
3. (a)
4. (a)
5. (c)
6. D
7. E
8. C
9. E
10. A
11. B