Go Back   2023 2024 MBA > MBA > Main Forum

Old 7th July 2015, 01:29 PM
Unregistered

Default Eligibility for IAF Pilots

I want to join the Indian Air Force as a Pilot so please give me details about the eligibility criteria required to join this? Also tell me in which entrance exam I have to appear to join the Indian Air Force as a Pilot, give me there complete information about it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 7th April 2018, 09:26 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Eligibility for IAF Pilots

Can you tell me about the eligibility requirements to join IAF (Indian Air Force) as a Pilot as I want to join the defence and serve my country?
Old 7th April 2018, 09:27 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Eligibility for IAF Pilots

If one chooses to join the Indian Air Force right after Class 12th exams, one will have to appear and qualify in the National Defense Academy (NDA) Examinations. One can join the Air Force as a Pilot after graduation as well. There are three ways of doing this.

NDA Entry (10+2 Entry)
NDA is entry is for 10+2 passed students. The NDA entrance test is conducted twice a year by the UPSC. Only male candidates are eligible to make use of NDA entry.

Eligibility Criteria
Nationality Indian
Gender Male
Age 16 to 19 years (at the time of commencement of course)
Educational Qualifications 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics. One appearing in final year is also eligible to apply

CDSE Entry (For Graduates)
Using CDSE (Combined Defence Services Examination) entry, eligible candidates may apply for IAF flying branch. CDSE entry is for graduates. The UPSC conducts CDSE test twice a year. Only male candidates are eligible to join the flying branch of IAF through CDSE entry.

Eligibility Criteria
Nationality Indian
Gender Male
Marital Status Single
Age 20 to 24 years (at the time of commencement of course)
Educational qualifications Graduate (Three Year Course) in any discipline from a recognized University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) / BE / B Tech (Four Year Course) | Final Year/semester student is also eligible to apply, provided produce Degree certificate issued by the University as per the date stipulated in the advertisement | No Percentage Bar for CDSE entry

NCC Special Entry (For Graduates Holding Air Wing Senior Division C Certificate of the NCC)
This special entry is meant for candidates holding Air Wing Senior Division C Certificate of the NCC. This entry is meant for male candidates only.

Eligibility Criteria
Nationality Indian
Gender Male
Marital Status Single
Age 20 to 24 years (at the time of commencement of course)
Educational qualifications Graduate (Three Year Course) in any discipline from a recognized University with minimum 60% marks or equivalent and have passed Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level OR BE / B Tech (Four Year Course) from a recognized University with minimum 60% marks or equivalent. Final Year/semester student is also eligible to apply, provided does not have any present backlogs at the time of SSB Testing and produce Degree certificate issued by the University as per the date stipulated in the advertisement | NCC Air Wing Senior Division C certificate

SSC Entry (For Graduates through AFCAT)
SSC (Short Service Commission) entry is meant for graduates to join the IAFs flying branch. Both male and female candidates are eligible to make use of this entry. Interested candidates may apply through AFCAT. IAF conducts AFCAT twice a year.

Eligibility Criteria
Nationality Indian
Gender Male and female
Marital Status Single
Age 20 to 24 years (at the time of commencement of course). Upper age limit for Candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot License issued by DGCA (India) is relaxed up to 26 years(at the time of commencement of course)
Educational qualifications Graduates (Three Year Course) in any discipline from a recognized University who have attained minimum 60% marks or equivalent and have Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level OR BE / B Tech (Four Year Course) from a recognized university with minimum 60% marks or equivalent. Final Year student is also eligible to apply, provided does not have any backlog at the time of SSB Testing and produce Degree certificate issued by the University as per the date stipulated in the advertisement