Go Back   2023 2024 MBA > MBA > Main Forum

Old 16th November 2016, 09:28 AM
Unregistered

Default Favourite Book IELTS Speaking

Can you list me the names of some of the good reference Books for preparation of IELTS (International English Language Testing System) speaking section?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 16th November 2016, 09:37 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Favourite Book IELTS Speaking

The names of some of the good reference Books for preparation of IELTS (International English Language Testing System) speaking section are as follows:

Unique IELTS Speaking Strategies Paperback – 2014
by Jojo Joseph (Author), Praveen Varghese (Author)

IELTS Speaking: Guide to Achieve Band 8 or More Paperback – Import, 3 Sep 2016
by
Sampath Bandara (Author)

IELTS - Speaking Essentials Paperback – 1 Jan 2013
by Jyoti Malhotra (Author)

Few IELTS Speaking Questions

How many people are there in your family?
A There are four. We live in a large house in the north of my country. It gets very cold there in the winter but it is really nice during the summer months. I try to go back there often.
B There are four. My brother and my parents.
C There are four. There's myself of course. Then there's my younger brother, he's fifteen years old. And I have my mother and father who are both in their late 70s. I have two grand parents as well, but they don't live with us.

Do you know the people who live next door to you?
A No, I've never met them. The reason for this is that I'm away most of the time at university so I've never really had the opportunity. I know my family has met them on a few occasions, just for a quick chat, but they don't know them well. I think they like to keep their privacy.
B No, I've never met them.
C No, I've never met them. I think my parents have, but I don't know who they are.

What kinds of books do you like reading?
A I don't like reading. Books are boring. I much prefer to play on the internet or just watch TV in my free time. Reading books just sends me to sleep.
B Although I think books are great ways to learn, and I know some people love to read, I've never been a great fan of them. I used to read books a bit when I was younger but not much anymore. I read a lot on the internet actually, articles on various topics. So I do read, but it's just not usually books.
C I don't really like reading, but I did read a book once. I'll tell you the story. It was set in the 1960's in London. It was about a poor family who were just trying hard to make ends meet as they had so little money. If followed the life of the boy in the family from when he was young until he grew up. The first part of the book was about growing up with his family and his school life...(candidate continues the story)

Do you think any new national celebrations will come into being in the future?

How do you think the internet will change people's buying habits in the future?

Do you think it will be more or less important to have a good education in the future?

How are the eating habits now in your country different from eating habits in the past?

Are the types of leisure activities that are popular today the same as those that were popular when your parents were young?

How have shopping habits changed over recent years?

Have the types of transport people use changed much over the last few decades?

Your home town

Your favourite holiday destination

What kinds of books you like to read
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message