Go Back   2023 2024 MBA > MBA > Main Forum

Old 30th November 2012, 02:29 PM
parinitha789

Default Goa CET

Hello, I want to participate in GOA Common entrance test. Can you plz tell me the GOA CET Chemistry syllabus, or tell me from where I can get?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 30th November 2012, 04:33 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Goa CET

You are looking for the GOA CET Chemistry syllabus, here I am giving you:

GOA CET Chemistry syllabus:

Unit I : Solid State
Classification of solids based on different binding forces: molecular, ionic, covalent and metallic solids, amorphous and crystalline solids (elementary idea), unit cell in two dimensional and three dimensional lattices, calculation of density of unit cell, packing in solids, voids, number of atoms per unit cell in a cubic unit cell, point defects, electrical and magnetic properties.

Unit II : Solutions
Types of solutions, expression of concentration of solutions of solids in liquids, solubility of gases in liquids, solid solutions, colligative properties - relative lowering of vapour pressure, elevation of B.P., depression of freezing point, osmotic pressure, determination of molecular masses using colligative properties, abnormal molecular mass.

Unit III: Electrochemistry
Redox reactions; conductance in electrolytic solutions, specific and molar conductivity variations of conductivity with concentration, Kohlrausch's Law, electrolysis and laws of electrolysis (elementary idea), dry cell - electrolytic cells and Galvanic cells; lead accumulator, EMF of a cell, standard electrode potential, Nernst equation and its application to chemical cells, fuel cells; corrosion.

For the detailed syllabus, here is attachment:
Attached Files
File Type: doc GOA CET Chemistry syllabus.doc (33.0 KB, 53 views)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in