Go Back   2023 2024 MBA > MBA > Online MBA Discussions

Old 16th November 2016, 11:18 AM

Default ICFAI MBA Papers Download

Discuss about icfai MBA papers download here. Welcome to MBA.ind.in and this page is for icfai MBA papers download discussion. If you are looking for icfai MBA papers download then ask your question is as much details as possible in the “Quick Reply” box provided below. The more detailed your question will be, the more easy will it be for our experts to answers your query. And if you have any information on icfai MBA papers download, then please share you knowledge with our viewers in the “Quick Reply” box. You knowledge can help many people. Thanks for stopping by at MBA.ind.in. Please visit again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 24th March 2018, 08:51 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: icfai MBA papers download

I want the question paper of Marketing Management I of MBA of Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts of India ICFAI so can you provide me?
Old 24th March 2018, 08:52 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: icfai MBA papers download

I am providing you the question paper of Marketing Management I of MBA of Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts of India ICFAI

ICFAI MBA Marketing Management I question paper

Answer all 100 questions.

Each question carries one mark.

1. A new product that targets the existing products to new markets or newer market segments refers to
(a) Addition to existing lines
(b) New to the world products
(c) Repositioning
(d) New product lines
(e) Improvement and revision of existing products.
2. Which of the following services can be classified under people processing?
(a) Photo developing
(b) Cinemas
(c) Car repairs
(d) Garden landscaping
(e) Medical services.
3. As the same technology is used by different companies, retaining competitive advantage becomes an issue. Which
of the following strategies would be used by the companies to concentrate on priority areas rather than non-core
activities for reducing costs in their operation?
(a) Reengineering
(b) Outsourcing
(c) E-commerce
(d) Benchmarking
(e) Decentralization.
4. Sometimes companies try to create brand awareness among customers even before positioning the brand clearly
in the market. This phenomenon is known as
(a) Over positioning
(b) Doubtful positioning
(c) Under positioning
(d) Confused positioning
(e) Inside out positioning.
5. A Japanese electronics firm has launched a new CD player in the competitive American market. The firm priced
its product very low in order to gain a foothold in the market. The pricing objective of the firm is to
(a) Increase market share
(b) Maximize ROI
(c) Attain satisfactory profits
(d) Survive
(e) Increase product quality.
6. Which of the following concepts states that the twin advantage of economies of scale and increase in the
production through improved production methods over time, can serve as a strategic tool to create competitive
advantage?
(a) Equity curve
(b) Experience curve
(c) Marginal curve
(d) Utility curve
(e) Incremental curve.
7. Retailing is a business activity that involves selling product/services to customers for their non-commercial,
individual or family use. Which of the following statements is/are true regarding specialty stores?
I. They are the general merchandise retailers with considerably large retail space with separate sections
allocated for food stuff, body care products, etc.
II. The stores are manned by personnel who have knowledge about the product line.
III. These stores normally target a small selective segment of the market.
IV. The quality of goods sold in these stores ranges from average to very good quality.
(a) Only (III) above
(b) Both (I) and (II) above
(c) Both (II) and (III) above
(d) (I), (II) and (IV) above
(e) All (I), (II), (III) and (IV) above.
8. Which of the following are runner-up companies that aggressively attack the vulnerable areas of a leader to grab
maximum market share?
(a) Market leaders
(b) Market challengers
(c) Market followers
(d) Market nichers
(e) Market penetrators.
9. Ram and Sham, owners of Krishna Farm, were growing apples and blueberries and selling them at a fruit stand.
In a particular year, they had a bumper crop and were unable to sell all that they grew. They decided to use the
excess fruit to make jam and jelly. This project was so successful that they sell only jam and jelly now. They sell
under the brand name of Krishna through mail order and at their old fruit stand. What kind of a distribution
channel is Ram and Sham using?
(a) Indirect channel
(b) Three level channel
(c) Two level channel
(d) One level channel
(e) Zero level channel.
10. Which of the following analysis for future demand estimation determines the sales system by using statistical
tools for developing sets of equations?
(a) Econometric analysis
(b) Exponential smoothing
(c) Demand analysis
(d) Test marketing
(e) Sales quota.
11. Electronic touch screens at railway stations and airports, which provide information to customers regarding
products and services of an organization are the examples of
(a) Direct marketing
(b) Database marketing
(c) Kiosk marketing
(d) Telemarketing
(e) Multilevel selling.
12. Homestore.com is an online real estate company that allows agents to advertise their home listings on Homestore
sites for a fee. Rather eliminating the middlemen and going straight to buyers, as similar Web companies sought
to do, Homestore included real estate agents. The company has 200-person sales force that calls on real estate
agents everyday, educating agents about Internet basics like how to use e-mail and surf the Website as well as
pushing subscriptions to Homestore's network of the websites. During a sales call, a Homestore salesperson asks a
real estate agent to list homes as all the formalities are completed. Which sales closing technique is the
salesperson using?
(a) An assumptive close
(b) A direct close
(c) An alternative close
(d) A cautious close
(e) A concession close.
13. Market share analysis is an ideal process to judge a companys performance against its competitors. Normally, a
company is considered to be performing well as compared to the competition if its market share is increasing.
Which of the following is not a technique used to measure the market share?
(a) Market share method
(b) Served market share method
(c) Relative market share method
(d) Calculating the sales of the company as a percentage of sales of the leading competitor
(e) Market based score card analysis.
14. Which of the following is/are the issue(s) to be considered while going in for brand extension as suggested by
David Aaker?
I. Competitor analysis.
II. Organizational synergies.
III. Product category similarity.
IV. Perceptual mismatch.
(a) Only (I) above
(b) Both (I) and (II) above
(c) (I), (II) and (III) above
(d) (II), (III) and (IV) above
15. Sanjana buys LOreal products because Diana Hayden endorses the product and she wants to be like her. In this
case, which of the following types of reference group influences Sanjanas buying behavior?
(a) Membership reference group
(b) Aspirational reference group
(c) Disclaimant reference group
(d) Avoidance group
(e) Secondary reference group.
16. The process of dividing a market into distinct groups of buyers with different needs, characteristics or behavior
who might require separate products or marketing programs is called as
(a) Market share
(b) Positioning
(c) Market evaluation
(d) Market segmentation
(e) Marketing audit.
17. There are various factors that influence the design of the communication message. Which of the following factors
persuades customers to frame an opinion about the product?
(a) Message content
(b) Message format
(c) Message structure
(d) Message meaning
(e) Message source.
18. Bargaining power of suppliers is one of the elements of Porters five forces model of competitive advantage.
Which of the following is/are the circumstance(s) when bargaining power of suppliers is high?
I. When no single industry is a major customer for the suppliers.
II. When the product they sell has few substitutes and is important to the purchasing company or buyer.
III. When the suppliers industry depends on the buyers for a large percentage of its total orders.
(a) Only (I) above
(b) Only (III) above
(c) Both (I) and (II) above
(d) Both (II) and (III) above
(e) All (I), (II) and (III) above.
19. To which of the following consumer groups do industries like pharmaceuticals, personal care, fitness products,
gym equipment, real estate, insurance, automobiles, etc., target?
(a) Young adults
(b) Senior citizens
(c) Adults
(d) Singles
(e) Women.
20. Which of the following is/are true regarding two-part pricing?
I. It is normally followed in services where a company charges a fixed price for an initial service and
subsequent charges for over and above the minimum service consumed.
II. In this method, the sales of one product in the product line may affect the sales of others.
III. It is done for the accessories that come along with a product.
(a) Only (I) above
(b) Only (II) above
(c) Both (I) and (II) above
(d) Both (I) and (III) above
(e) All (I), (II) and (III) above.
21. Which of the following is the best example of an organizational buyer?
(a) A mother buying milk for her young son
(b) A computer programmer buying the latest game for his play-station
(c) A store owner buying hand-painted slate signs to sell in his store
(d) A botanist buying a rose bush for his home garden
(e) A baseball player buying a t-ball set for his daughter.
22. A firms macro environment consists of various sub environments. Which macro environment of a country is
influenced by the factors like Gross National Product (GNP) and the income distribution?
(a) Demographic environment
(b) Geographic environment
(c) Technological environment
(d) Economic environment
(e) Political environment.
23. Which of the following is not an example of non-goods service retailing?
(a) Stockbrokers
(b) Tutors
(c) Personal trainers
(d) Real-estate brokers
(e) Car rental company.
24. Which of the following dimensions are considered in General Electric Model for measuring the feasibility of
Strategic Business Units (SBUs)?
(a) Market growth rate and relative market share
(b) Industry attractiveness and business unit strength
(c) Success probability and attractiveness
(d) Probability of occurrence and seriousness
(e) Industry marketing expenditure and market demand.
25. Taj Group of hotels and ITC Welcomegroup differentiate themselves from other hotels by providing hi-tech
rooms and suites to their customers. Their customers get access to computers, fax machines and electronic mail.
Taj and ITC have differentiated their service on the basis of
(a) Offer
(b) Delivery
(c) Image
(d) People
(e) Promotion.
26. Which of the following product testing methods is usually carried out at the customer site, for machines and tools
to be used in the business operations of the customer?
(a) Alpha testing
(b) Lamda testing
(c) Gamma testing
(d) Kappa testing
(e) Beta testing.
27. Buying decisions generally follow a pattern of overlapping stages. Which of the following best describes the
typical stages of the buying process?
(a) Problem recognition > Information search > Evaluation of alternatives > Purchase decision > Post purchase
behavior
(b) Problem recognition > Evaluation of alternatives > Information search > Purchase decision > Post purchase
behavior
(c) Information search > Problem recognition > Evaluation of alternatives > Purchase decision > Post purchase
behavior
(d) Problem recognition > Information search > Purchase decision > Evaluation of alternatives > Post
purchase behavior
(e) Information search > Problem recognition > Purchase decision > Evaluation of alternatives > Post purchase
behavior.
28. Among industrial products, large tools and machines used for production of goods or for providing services for a
considerable length of time are classified as
(a) Capital equipment
(b) Accessory equipment
(c) Component parts
(d) Raw materials
(e) Consumable supplies.
29. While setting prices, it is very important for a marketer to assess the competitive environment. The price changes
made by a company influence how competitors price their products. Which of the following are the ways that
competitors may react to price changes?
I. Maintain the status quo of not reacting in anyway to the price changes.
II. Set the prices equal to that of the company.
III. Attack the price changes by setting their prices lower than that of the company.
IV. Attack the price changes by setting their prices higher than that of the company.
(a) Both (I) and (II) above
(b) (I), (II) and (III) above
(c) (I), (II) and (IV) above
(d) (II), (III) and (IV) above
30. Which of the following evaluation mechanism focuses on to increase the efficiency of marketing activities by
analyzing various marketing expenditure of the company?
(a) Tactical control
(b) Profitability control
(c) Efficiency control
(d) Strategic control
(e) Annual-Plan control.
Old 16th November 2019, 02:13 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: ICFAI MBA Papers Download

please provide me ICFAI MBA previous year question paper??

If you want to know the details about ICFAI MBA previous year question paper, you can download the attachment given in this answer.
For more information about ICFAI MBA previous year question paper, you can write in comment box below.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ICFAI MBA Papers Download.pdf (140.0 KB, 23 views)