Go Back   2023 2024 MBA > MBA > Main Forum

Old 28th September 2012, 11:13 AM
Abhishek.e

Default JNTU B.Tech 1st year CDS syllabus

Hello sir my friend is pursuing B.Tech first year from Jawar Lal Nehru technical university and his need Programming in C and Data Structures CDS syllabus so you give me information how I can get this syllabus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 29th September 2012, 11:08 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: JNTU B.Tech 1st year CDS syllabus

Here I am providing the detailed syllabus for JNTU B.Tech I year for Programming in C and Data Structures CDS.

UNIT - I
Algorithm / pseudo code, flowchart, program development steps, structure of C program, A Simple C program, identifiers, basic data types and sizes, Constants, variables, arithmetic, relational and logical operators, increment and decrement operators, conditional operator, bit-wise operators, assignment operators, expressions, type conversions, conditional expressions, precedence and order of evaluation.

Input-output statements, statements and blocks, if and switch statements, loops- while, do-while and for statements, break, continue, goto and labels, programming examples.

UNIT - II
Designing structured programs, Functions, basics, parameter passing, storage classes- extern, auto, register, static, scope rules, block structure, user defined functions, standard library functions, recursive functions, header files, C preprocessor, example c programs.

UNIT - III
Arrays- concepts, declaration, definition, accessing elements, storing elements, arrays and functions, two-dimensional and multi-dimensional arrays, applications of arrays. pointers- concepts, initialization of pointer variables, pointers and function arguments, address arithmetic, Character pointers and functions, pointers to pointers, pointers and multidimensional arrays, dynamic memory managements functions, command line arguments, c program examples.

UNIT - IV

Derived types- structures- declaration, definition and initialization of structures, accessing structures, nested structures, arrays of structures, structures and functions, pointers to structures, self referential structures, unions, typedef, bitfields, C program examples.

UNIT - V
Input and output - concept of a file, text files and binary files, streams, standard I/o, Formatted I/o, file I/o operations, error handling, C program examples.

UNIT - VI
Searching - Linear and binary search methods, sorting - Bubble sort, selection sort, Insertion sort, Quick sort, merge sort.

UNIT - VII
Introduction to data structures, singly linked lists, doubly linked lists, circular list, representing stacks and queues in C using arrays and linked lists, infix to post fix conversion, postfix expression evaluation.

UNIT - VIII
Trees- Binary tress, terminology, representation, traversals, graphs- terminology, representation, graph traversals (dfs & bfs)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message