Go Back   2023 2024 MBA > MBA > Online MBA Discussions

Old 17th November 2015, 02:50 PM
Unregistered

Default Latest placement papers of Patni,

Hello, I am applying for the placements in Patni computers and I want the latest placement papers of company.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17th November 2015, 03:53 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Latest placement papers of Patni,

Hello, here I am providing you the sample questions asked in the placement papers of the Patni computers in previous years as under:

1. amar,akbar,antony eat lunch at the same restaurant everyday.if
amar† orders a dosa,then akbar also orders adosa.either akbar or
antony always orders a dosa,but never at the same lunch.either
amar or antony or both order a dosa.if antony ordes a dosa ,then
amar also orders a dosa.youy can conclude that:
a.amar, akbar,antony always order adosa.
b.amar and antony sometimes order a dosa,akbar never does.
c.amar and akbar always order a dosa,antony never does.(ANS)
d.amar and antony always order adosa,akbar never does.
2. 12.ramesh,ram,kareem and mohan collected coins of different
countries.they collected 100 together.none collected less than
10.each collected an even number.each collected a different
number.based on these,we can say that the number of coins
collected by the boy who collected the most could not have
exceeded
a.54††† b.64(ans)††† c.58††† d.60
3. 13. let p,q,r and s be four statementssuch that:
if p is true, then q is true;
if q is true,then r is true and
if s is true,then at least one of q and r is false.
then it follows that:
a. if p is true then s is false.(ans)
b. if s is falsae both q and r are true.
c. if at least one of q and r is false then s is false.
d. if q is true then s is true.
4. 14.players a to z play a league match in which every player plays
a match against every other player. a win earns 2 points,a draw 1
point and loss 0 points.there were no draws,and no two players had
the same total points.the rank list of the players happens to be
the alphabetical list itself.which of the following statement is
true?
a.n wins over m††††††† b.m wins over n(ans)
c. m did not play against n††† d.none
5. a man and a woman, walking together start out by boyh taking a
step with the left foot.in order to keep together, the man whose
stride is longer,takes two steps while the woman takes three.how
many steps will the woman have taken they are both about to step
out on the right foot for the first time together?
†Ans: Never
6. If x + 1/x = 3 than x2 + t/x2 = ? Ans. 7
7. A circle has radius 20 cm. If we cut 4 circle with radius of 5 cm than ? will be the area of circle left..?
8. Five no. r given 2, 3, 5, 8, 7 .. how many no will be divisible by 125....?
9. How many no between 1 - 100 which will be divisible by 2 or 3 ..
10. No. like _ _ A _ _ _ B _ _ divisible by some no... than ? will be the value of A & B. (Sorry for exact data, it's not in mind)
11. A & B have few suitcases. If A give 1 suitcase to B than A will have half the suitcase B have. If B give a suitcase to A than the
no of suitcase with A & B will be equal...How many suitcase A & B have..?
Ans. A=5,B=7

Latest placement papers of Patni computers:

PATNI PAPER ON 31ST JULY
« on: August 16, 2007, 11:17:13 PM »

FOR MORE & MORE PLACEMENT PAPERS& INTERVIEW QUESTIONS…, Join Our Group

http://in.groups.yahoo.com/group/knowledge-base/join/

Hi friends I am srinivas got selected in patni. I really inspired by this site and benifitted a lot.
In written he selected 60/150 , in GD he cleared 30 for interview finally 16 are selected.
here is the selection process,
IN written
there will be 60 q's 70 min
15---- English
Here concentrate on articles(3q's), synonyms(3q's very easy) ,prepositions , and paragraph questions ( big paragraph some what tough )
dont start paragraph

15---- analytical
It is little bit hard but u can crack ...Venn diagrams(2Q's (VIMP),Blood relations ,clocks,seating arragements.

30---- Quantitative (VIMP)
prepare , Profit and loss , Ratio and proportin , and time and work , SI & CI.
here 70 % ( nearly 20 Q ) are only from Profit and loss , Ratio and propotion & SI & CI ...... don't leave these three ....
some questions are
1. cost price of 12 apples = selling price of 10apples then profit%? (same q repeated for 3 times with different numbers ).
2. selling price given and market price given asked to find cost price .
3. cost price is given and bonus,SP is given asked to find MP.
4. a:b, b:c, c:d are given and asked to find a:b:c:d
5. a:b, b:c, c:d are given and total amount they have is given asked to find d's share .
6. SI is given and for the same number of years CI also given .....etc and asked to find initial amount.( Related 3 Q's)

Time management is very important factor . Never start with english or analytical. Start with quant then analytical finally in 10 min u can solve Eng.
overall the paper was easy .
even u know how to do but struct somewhere, blindly left and go for the other

Next GD one pannel min 10 ( in my pannel 11) he selected 4 from 11
current topics only he gave . Here 3 pannels got "Ragging should be banned in the campus" , "Is Foreign coach necessary for Indian team .
I got the first one. u have to talk something, they wil give everyone a chance.

Next HR+tech
i failed in 2 HR's till now but i never experienced such a nice interview. He is so cool and helpful . He is so friendly and even helped
me when i structed .
purely ur subject, he didnt ask anyone from C, C++ ...
everything he asked from my core electronics like
what is Mux, Demux. How can we multiplex different signals.
then he asked What is microprocessor, What is the difference between Microcontroller and microprocessor.
about optical fiber operation ,
About my strengts and weakness he asked
finally he asked me any questions. I asked him a question on recent collabaration of patni with a Telecommunication company
which they didnt mention in the PPT . On that he nearly talked for 4-5 min .That question helped me a lot to get.

All the best to all, lets meet in mubai .

Patnib Testpaper : CIT, Coimbatore - 13 July 2007
« on: August 16, 2007, 11:14:47 PM »

FOR MORE & MORE PLACEMENT PAPERS& INTERVIEW QUESTIONS…, Join Our Group

Hi all!

I am Karthik B.S. from GCT, Coimbatore. This year (2007) PCS (Patni Computer Systems) held the campus recruitment jointly for CIT and GCT at the formers campus on 13.07.2007.

The selection procedure consists of 3 stages:

Aptitude

15 questions Verbal (minimum cut-off is

15 questions Critical Reasoning (minimum cut-off is

30 questions Analytical Reasoning (minimum cut-off is 16)

G.D.

Technical + HR

Verbal round was damn easy. A word from a sentence will be italicized and the closest-matching synonym has to be selected. The minimum cut-off here is 8 out of 15.

Critical Reasoning consisted of 15 questions. A paragraph was given about a family consisting of several members. Their professions were given. And you have to find who’s who. A little bit of concentration will do.

Regarding Aptitude they asked ALMOSE ENTIRE QUESTIONS from Percentage, Profit and Loss and Ratio & Proportion. If you are strong enough in those topics, you can easily sail through in this round. R.S. Aggarwal and going through old PATNI question papers is enough.

In G.D., there were totally 9 batches. Each batch consisted of 9 candidates. The topic given to our batch was “Why are we not able to excel in other industries as we are in Software Industry?” The candidates in my batch were dominating to say the least. At one point of time some 2 or 3 guys were simultaneously “shouting” for nearly 30 seconds. And no wonder both were not short-listed. So the key-point here is don’t try to dominate others in G.D. Utilize the opportunity when you get one. Finally, 5 from each batch were short-listed for the final Technical-cum-HR round. So totally 45 candidates were short-listed and I was one among them. :-)

The HR round was pretty easy. It lasted some 30 minutes. My panel consisted of single HR person only (which is both an advantage and a disadvantage). He asked some basic questions from DBMS, OOPS, my U.G. Project, SDLC, Networking etc.

Finally the results were announced at 7 p.m the same day. My name was read aloud even as my heart kept pounding out of anxiety. Woah! I am a PATNI-ite now! :-) Meet you at PATNI.

PATNI PAPER ON 21st JUNE 2007 AT MUMBAI
« on: July 14, 2007, 11:04:06 AM »

-- More than 60 Jobs For Freshers displayed --

PATNI PAPER ON 21st JUNE 2007 AT MUMBAI

ok,guys n gals honestly speaking i never thought i wud ever b getting into a s/w company bcoz of my average marks in engg n poor technical skills..but,here i am writing my experience after selection which was thru a marathon process leaving us all exhausted...

The Process:

getting 2 the selection process(as,i already mentioned a marathon 1),it was divided in2 3 parts:

Aptitude Test:

basically consists of 3 sections which include quantative ability,analytical ability & english section...all tat u ppl hav 2 do is b quick at quant(simple) where stuff like ratio proportion,%age,profit/loss,simple geometry,time & work & the like topics r asked...referring 2 r.s agarwal shud get u thru quant...as far as logic goes it was a bit tricky,but its manageable..stuff like binary form where if $=1 and *=0 then wat can ($***)+$* be expressed as????some questions on groups of ppl....all of these can b easily managed by solving some practise exercises frm ne logic/reasoning book...now,as far the english part is concerned u don hav b a rocket scientist 2 clear it...it is one of the most simplest n silliest questionnaires tat i hav ever seen...some vocabulary tests(silly) followed by article insertion(super dumb) n a passage wid some questions(super super dumb)...this section is not even worth mentioning so guys just chill as far as english is concerned n try n attempt it1st...

the apti consisted of 60 questions which ver 2 b answered in 70 mins...the subdivisons were as follows:

a) English(15 qs)
b) Analytical ability(15qs)
c) Quantitative ability(30qs)

Group Discussion (GD):

they made us wait a heck of a lot 4 this particular part...i cleared this part wid out ne stress at all...the topic given 2 us was "marriage:a social trap?" pls comment...the gd honestly was a cakewalk wherein if u speak up a little bit u wud b selected..jus b forthright n clear wid in ur views n don digress frm the topic...they give u fair chance 2 speak nehow...btw
v ver divided in2 groups of 10 ppl n there ver abt12 grps...don worry 2 much abt the gd..jus speak up in a concise way n b communicative...

Personal Interview (PI):

this,basically was conducted in variations 4 different ppl wherein some like me ver subjected thru both technical n hr interviews seperately while the others jus had a single interview...i will describe my experience thru both the interviews(hr
& technical):

HR:

k,ther was this expressionless man sitting in ther who as i entered asked me 2 take a seat n straightaway asked me the time...it was around 9.30 in the night n then he asked me as 2 ven i had come 2 college...i told him at abt 9 in the morning...he asked r u not tired after staying 4 so long??i tried 2 evade his question but eventually replied tat though i was a bit stressed i was very happy wid the way the selection process was conducted & it was a very fair process..he then asked usual stuff like tell me abt urself,where i tol him abt myself n y i wanted 2 b in the s/w industry...he asked me stuff like wat i thought was challenging abt the s/w industry..2 which i replied i liked erp-sap systems n the challenges faced by the industry 2 implement it in various sectors....actually,ppl 2 b honest wid i think they chk ur confidence n communication skills,the latter being the only 1 i was counting upon....after some more grilling,he said i wud hav 2 go 4 a technical interview 4 abt 5-10 mins...this was the only scary part 4 me....

Technical:

a smart looking man with a mprominent moustache who was very polite took my technical interview..he again asked me
the same things like tell me abt urself n stuff...i gave the same damn answers which i had given during the time of my hr
interview..he asked me abt bubble sort algorithm which i wrote n then went in2 some confusing details abt for loops n stuff..i gave some ans 2 which he wasnt convinced...he then said 4get programming n asked me a puzzle which i attempted but cudnt solve ultimately..he tol me tat he dint expect me 2 give the answer 2 tat puzzle n many others had failed in doing so...he then wished me luck n tat was the end of my interview...

Result Declaration:

then they declared the results at abt 11.30 in the night ven everybody was dizzy n hungry n almost asleep..but neways the joy of getting selected overpowered all of tat...i must admit their selection process is very fair,n u get a fair chance...but at times more than the actual inerviews or the gds,the waiting period makes u feel like jus walking out...but as they say"good things don come easy"...os,guys if u r like me wid average %age,lack of interest in engg but gud communicational skills n other interests i suggest u still try n pick up placements bcoz every1 out ther is jus like us even though they may hav gr8 marks..n also all companies look 4 nowadays r adequate communication skills n reasonable analytical skills.......so y give up an opportunity,ven its comin walking up2 u,isnt it?

By,

PATNI PAPER ON 16th JUNE 2007 AT INDORE
« on: July 14, 2007, 11:02:43 AM »

PATNI PAPER ON 16th JUNE 2007 AT INDORE

hi friends.....I am Nikhil.........student of I.E.T. D.A.V.V. Indore........first of all i'd like to thank fresherworld........I'm very mch benifited by their papers..........

PCS came to our campus on 16th of June..........this was third company for me.As i'm basically from mechanical stream......i had a little hope to clear all rounds.......but my confidance did all...............there was three rounds for selection procedure.......

First was aptiute test...........aptitude round was comprised of three sections...............

English(15 questioms)

1) English(15 questioms)......10 qs were based on articles and preposition.............and 1 simple reading comprehenssion........as there was sectional cutoff .....therefore i did not attempt RC......coz first ten questions were very easy..........
there was no negative marking in any section...........

Logical Reasoning(15 questions)

2) second section was of Logical Reasoning(15 questions) three questions were on venn diagrams..............three questions on blood relation .....like p*q means p is father of q.........a little practise will do.........

Mathematics(30 questions)

3) third section was of mathematics...............(30 questiions) very simple.......based on profit and loss...........percentage...........average....... ..... there is no need to prepare for this section.......coz the questions were very easy.......and some of questions can be solved with the help of options...................The time was of 70 mins........and there were 60 questions in all....

now after aptitude test.........there was GD round................this is the main elimination round for PCS..............110 students qualified in first round.......11 panels were formed for GD.........in each 10 students were given a topic..............they provided a paper........and gave the topic...........5 mins were given to think over the topic........the GD lasted for 15 mins...........our topic was BPO in India.........

I somehow made to speak three sentences............remember....proper eye contact and hand movement is important......also do noding while others are speaking............At last they told us to write conclusion on the sheet....................anyone can be asked to give conclusion...........after one hour GD results were declared......and 72 students were selected for interview........from my panel 5 students were selected.......after a few minutes the interview procedure started......................

Interview

the interview was totally HR..
I entered in interview with full confidance..................they first asked me how was my day............then telll abt yrself...............some cross quetions were also asked.................they gave me a puzzle to solve.....i couldn't solve it........but didn't get panic...........i was pretending that i was solving........then they asked me why i wanted to enter in software field............Interview lasted for hardly 10 mins........

at last results were declared and 50 students were selected..........they selected 6 students from mechanical stream........i was one of them....... God

All the best .......
By,
Nikhil Neema

PATNI PAPER ON 18th JUNE 2007
« on: June 21, 2007, 09:10:56 PM »

PATNI PAPER ON 18th JUNE 2007

hi friends..... the whole interview consist of 3 sections.....providing with sectional cutoff but no negative markings

1.APTITUDE(60 question in 70 min)
2.GROUP DISCUSSION(GD)
3.HR

Aptitude comprises of three sections...ie..verbal(15)logical reasoning(15) quants(30)... Really believe me my friends this s my 6th company in our campus.... i just gone with no hopes but having confidence... TOTALLY there were nearly 200 students...Cleared aps is nearly 75...cleared GD s abt 46..Finally they shortlisted only 26... i was just one among them...

In aps,verbal s very easy then comes reasoning it used 2 take time but understanding d concept s matters..then quants(PROFIT AND LOSS, PERCENTAGES, RATIOS all r from R.S AGARWAL only so don neglect those topics)time provide matter 4 u...so manage d time

GD TOPIC given 2 us was ADVERTISEMENT IS ALL ABOUT GLITTERS BUT NO REALITY....
totally v were 10 in a group...they selected 6 of us.... The main idea behind GD is analysing our confidence level,gesture,eye contact so talk boldly with high pitch of confidence ... then u vil b selected...

finally comes HR
it may consist of very basics of technical knowledge and general HR questions my question s al abt.......
Tell me about yr self
OOPS concept
INHERITENCE
what s CLASS and y v need it in programming
how wil u handle the confliction in a teamwork between u and yr team player...

ALL THE BEST MY GUYS..... HOPE SEE U ALL IN PCS........

By,
kalai priya.v.

PATNI PAPER ON 1st JUNE 2007
« on: June 15, 2007, 09:13:00 PM »

PATNI PAPER ON 1st JUNE 2007

hi friends...have placed in patni yesterday.
The process is simple

1.written test
2.GD
3.HR-Technical interview

1.Written test

Written test contains 3 sections total 60 Qs 70 mins

a) English - very simple, 4 to 5 questions based on articles and one simple passage..
b) Analytical - All questions were from RS agarval - pipes and cisterrns, and some problems based on sets.
c) Aptitude - Most of the Qs were from Percentage and Profit and loss, and few Qs were from Areas,,

2.GD

2 topics will be given and u hav to select one..
They will give a plane sheet of paper and u hav to note down your poins. and make sure that u'll emphasise only on those points.. and finally each group member have to give his conclusion..
give others the oppurtunity to speak..
topic like education and success is corelated? easy

3. Interview

for MCA/ CS they'll ask each and every subject(OS,DBMS,C,C++,DATA STRUCTURE) in depth...
for other branches just general HR questions..
to clear the interview round, you hav to express your thougts clearly and confidently; whether they are correct or not doesnt matter..

By,
Rupak Kumar Jha

PATNI PATTERN - 25 MAR 2007 - MUMBAI
« on: June 03, 2007, 10:03:47 PM »

PATNI PATTERN - 25 MAR 2007 - MUMBAI

Hi CareerEnclave Members

I sat for Patni's test on 25th March @ Mumbai. Following are the Qs that I remember and the gd tips n topic:

APTI:

-Verbal: 10mins - 15 Qs

* using prepositions, synonyms, verb forms
* reading a passage n answering 4/5 Qs based on it - the passage was abt SQL

-Analytical: 20mins - 15 Qs

* data sufficiency - 2/ 4 Qs
* logical reasoning - 2/3 Qs
* one Q : 1 is represented using'$' n 0 is represnted using ‘*'. Numbers >1 represented using these twon symbols only. (eg. 4 = $** n 3 = $$). Symbol $ is doubles wen 1 shifts left from right. How wud u represent this : 17 x 170 http://www.http://www.careerenclave.com/.org
(I tried, but didn't quite unstand the Q, so left)

-Mathematical: 30 Qs - 40mins

* Qs were on profit/ loss, percentage, ratio/ proportion, simple/ compound interest
- Q s are easy but consumes time, so u hav 2 hav a very good speed at solving n understanding the Qs.

Sectional cutoff n negative marking is there! I cleared the apti n was asked to wait for GD.

GD:

My topic was: challenges faced by India in 21st century
Other one was: will India be a superpower?

Tips for GD:

Its okay if u don't have basic GD etiquettes, what they stress on is, your fluency with English n your confidence level. Its okay even if u speak just one or a couple of sentences, but be confident n fluent! There were 8 of us for Gd n only 1 or a couple of them were eliminated since they were stammering while speaking n didn't have good command over the language!

PATNI PAPER ON 4th MAY 2007
« on: May 14, 2007, 04:14:50 PM »

PATNI PAPER ON 4th MAY 2007

there were 3 sections in Aptitude:
1) Verbal (all like fill in the Blanks with article and preposition)
2) Analytical (critical reasoning and some Mathematical funda)
3) Quantitative (mostly from R. S aggrawal based on Profit & loss, Percentage, Ratio & Proportion, Ages, Time & Work )

Questions Like:

Verbal.

1) Share Apples _____ susan & lata.
a) among b) with c) for d) none of these.

some synonyms from the sentences.
1) repugnance
And 1 comprehension is also provided and 5 question are based on that..

Analytical

1) 1826+2480-4300 can be written as:__
a) $ b) $$*
rule *=0 and $=1
one passage was given and we have to answer according to the information provide in that passage (very Easy part of the Aptitude..)
Beware of Time!!!!

Quantitative

1) if A profits 50% more then B then how many % B lost form A??
2)20% of 30% of 50% of 100 is??
3)20% of 50% of number is 130. then 20% is ??
and many question is based on Problem of Ages and Ratio and Proportion it was very easy...
Old 17th November 2015, 03:56 PM
Super Moderator

After Aptitude, got selected for GT (Group Task)
Group Task it was a Case Study...
There were a space shuttle with 6 lives in it. and only 2 parachute so u can save only 2 lives so the question is whom u save and y??? and world also come to end...
6 lives are
1) Economist
2) Priest
3) Astronaut
4) Pregnant Lady
5) Engineering Student
6) Dog

then HR/Tech Interview. which I enjoyed..
and then Finallly Selected in PCS...

ALL THE BEST

PATNI PAPER ON 13th APRIL 2007 AT ORISSA
« on: May 14, 2007, 04:13:47 PM »

PATNI PAPER ON 13th APRIL AT ORISSA

Hello Friends........ I m Lingaraj from Orissa.......... Branch: CSE

I have appeared the campus recruitment process of PCS( Patni Computer Systems ) on 13th and 14th april of 2007.........
Eligibility criteria: 60% career........

Process
Written Test [ 60 questions in 70 minutes ]
GD
Interview ( Tech+HR )

Total 750 apperared........235 quallified for the GD.............. 120 quallified for the Interview........ Finally 70 selected..............I was one of them..................I appeared this in my 6th semester.............. The written test was damn easy......

There were 3 sections......... Sectional cut-off was there........No -ve marking..........

Section-I English section of 15 questions..........

1) Sporadic : ( Synonym ) ?
2) Apathetic : ( Synonym ) ?
3) Charisma : ( Synonym ) ?
4) A passage had been given......5 questions on that..........( Very Easy,,,,,Just read the passage and u will get all the answers )
5) Some fill in the blank questions on simple English grammar...............

Section-II 30 Analytical questions............

Very Very easy...........Questions on Profit-loss, Percentage, SI & CI, Numbers....5 resoning questions..........

Section-III 15 questions

Some verbal Questions like fill in the blanks on prepositions..........
Some apti on probability and permutation-combination...........
The cut-off for each section............
Sec-I : 11 out of 15
Sec-II : 24 out of 30
Sec-III : 12 out of 15

Group discussion: Some of the topics given :

1) Do or Die
2) Education vs Success
3) Failure of Indian cricket in WC-2007
4) We don't learn from history, We repeat it ( My group topic )

Interview:
Int : Good Evening lingaraj, Take a seat .
Int : Tell me about yourself .
Int : What are ur strengths
Int : What are ur views on the topic u were given in the GD .
Int : Tech question on RDBMS, C++, DSTC, C
Int : Do u have any Questions ?

My interview was of around 20-25 minutes................
Before being selected in PCS, I have appeared in TCS, Wipro, Mind Tree, Mastek, Atos Origin.....In all this i have been rejected in the Interview..........Finnaly i got it at PCS.........

Work Hard ......Success will touch ur feet....THANK YOU ALL..

PATNI PAPER PATTERN ON 11th MARCH 2007
« on: April 29, 2007, 09:09:28 PM »

PATNI PAPER PATTERN ON 11th MARCH 2007

hi guys, i got placed in patni-pune .I am fortunate,as this was their last recruitment drive for freshers from 2006 batch(This is what i heard from the HR) Total number of grads appearing-about 400 selected for GD-41 selected for interview -about 20 final selection - all 10 got selected i guess..

The selction procedure is quite simple,
1)aptitude test (60 Qs)
2)GD
3)Tech-HR interview

aptitude test : candidates.. nearly 400(or may be more) Mark my words, you wont be able to solve all of them in time, and they know this well. Thats the reason they have lower cutoffs for each section. Portion - 1)Ratios - proportions 2)percentage 3)profit and loss 4)clocks 5)direction problems...and few other topics from RS aggarwal i would suggest you guys to go through RS aggarwal. If you have given CAT exams before then it wont be much of a problem. But time mgmt is the key. Fortunately,there is no negative marking. Attempt those Qs which you are confident of getting right.

Then you know what to do.."intelligent guessing"(it worked in my case) english- its quite simple. If you are comfortable with english then i dont see any reason why you shouldnt crack this section..but they are smart enough to keep you engaged in maths section so that you dont get time for this section..so again....time mgmt is really impt.. they ask you simple grammar Qs...and comprehension..its quite lengthy.

GD - candidates - 41 we were divided in groups of 10. we were given a simple topic -"love marraiges Vs arranged marraiges" two of the judges were dead against my views..and kept on grilling me for 15 mins in the middle of discussion...(thats when i knew that i will be selected). they declared the result in 5 mins.

interview - candidates about 20 They called us for the interview in a weeks time. for me it was more on JAVA,c++,project mgmt..it was quite cool..good communication skills should get you through... they finally declared the result in 4 days time.. Patni is a gud company...but i am trying for infy n IBM aswell :-D..the problem is patni has 2 years bond which i am not ready to sign..but i guess i will have to go for it..have got no choice right now.

Anyways guys n gals..goodluck for your future..i am sure you all will get placed in your "dream" company.

By,
Akshay

PATNI PATTERN - 18 FEB 2007 - MUMBAI
« on: March 03, 2007, 08:49:45 PM »

PATNI PATTERN - 18 FEB 2007 - MUMBAI

Hi CareerEnclave Members

I am selected for final interview. There are three section
1 Aptitute
2 Technical u can chose one of them like java, vb.net, Asp.net and SQL. I have selected java.

For Aptitude test: No negative marking, Sectional Cutoffs
Total time: 70 minutes
Total Questions: 60

Sections
English(15)
Logical(15)
Maths(30)

Section 1: English
Preposition, article and passage and synonyms etc.

Section 2: Logical
Puzzle no. of series and few analytical problem.

Section 3: Maths
Maximum Question is based on percentage and rest of them is ratio , profit and loss average simple interest and compound interest. try to solve as early as possible.

For Technical test (Java)
Total time: 50 minutes
Total Questions: 50 (2 sections)

25 core java + 25 servlet and jsp.

There are two sections 1st is core java and 2nd is servlet and jsp. in core java maximum question is based on thread, input out put stream, interface , package and string and few basic question, in servlet and jsp nearly 15 que. are from servlet and ten question are from JSP.

For GD (they will give three topic and speak one of them)
GD was in 5 mins. simple one but do speak as it is also an elimination round once GD is done, result comes out n they will call u for interview later!

BEST OF LUCK

PATNI PATTERN - 18 FEB 2007 - NOIDA
« on: March 03, 2007, 08:48:19 PM »

PATNI PATTERN - 18 FEB 2007 - NOIDA

Hi CareerEnclave Members

I have given the test of Patni Apptitude,

The pattern was -> 1hr Appt. followed by Technical ->C/C++/VC++ (1hr) followed by Tecnical and HR Interviews.

The Question paper was quite tough having 45 questions to be done in 1 hr duration.

Questions were from every Section as -> General Mathematical equatin solving, General Men-Work problems, Time-Distance, Ratio - proportions, Volume based, Cubes questions. But i was not able to solve the paper hence disqualified in 1st round.

Moral is go on practicing the papers u will definetly do it on very 1st attempt.

Best of Luck

PATNI PATTERN - 21 JAN 2007 - MUMBAI
« on: March 03, 2007, 08:47:07 PM »

PATNI PATTERN - 21 JAN 2007 - MUMBAI

Hi CareerEnclave Members

I had given Patni aptitude test
Total time: 70 minutes
Total Questions: 60

Sections
English(30)
Logical(30)
Maths(30)

About test
- No negative marking
- Sectional Cutoffs

Section 1: English
Level: simple

Q type: fill in the blanks (using prepositions / articles) <- simple level
Q type: Meaning of words <- simple level
Q type: Passage: no direct questions, littile tough

Section 2: Logical
Level: ok

Q type: caselet normal one
i had got some moveis one that 6 movies per day with timings and conditions (puzzle kind)
others were normal placement type logical http://www.http://www.careerenclave.com/.org

Section 3: Maths
Level: little tough due to time

please study
-percentage
-profit n loss
-ratio proportion
-simple interest n compound interest
-chain rule
;try to solve as early as possible

10-12 per class were selected for GD on the same day

GD was in 10 mins. simple one but do speak as it is also an elimination round
once GD is done, result comes out n they will call u for interview later!

BEST OF LUCK
Priyanka

PATNI PAPER ON 14th JANUARY 2007 AT PUNE
« on: March 03, 2007, 08:45:42 PM »

PATNI PAPER ON 14th JANUARY 2007 AT PUNE

hello friends..
i am short listed for final interview of patni..

APTITUTE:
IT HAS 3 SECTIONS

1: ENGLISH SECTION
IT IS VERY EASY..JUST WHERE TO USE A,AN,THE IN GAPS..ALSO PARAGRAPH

2: REASONING
IT IS ALSO EASY...SOME DATA SUFFICIENY,SOME PROBLEMS WHICH CAN BE SOLVED USING VENN DIAGRAMS..2 QUESTIONS ON RESONIG THAT IS 1 PARA IS GIVEN AND Q RASKED ON IT

3:QUANTITATIVE
TOTAL 30 PROBLEMS ..
SOME ON PRRCENTAGE,SOME ON PROFIT LOSS,SOME ON RATIO PROPORTION AND ON SIMPLE INTEREST...........
WHOLE PAPER IS EASY....JUST USE RS AGRWAL BOOKS
....THEN GD,
IN 1 GROUP TOTAL 10 CANDIDATES
THEY SHORTLIST 3 TO 4 FROM EACH GROUP..TOPIC IS RAGGING SHOUD BE ALLOW OR NOT...

PATNI PAPER ON 8th OCTOBER 2006 AT CHENNAI
« on: March 03, 2007, 08:43:53 PM »

PATNI PAPER ON 8th OCTOBER 2006 AT CHENNAI

hi friends
i am jack and i got placed in patni computer system(pcs) through offcampus held in St.joseph engg college oct 8th.

The PCS recruitment process consist of
1. Written test
2. G.D
3. Personal Interview (tech + hr)

After getting clearing these 3 round they gave 3 cds and 3 weeks time.
Asked us to submit assignment on the subject on the cd.
the Cd consist of tutorial and lab exercise.

After submiting the assignment there is pre-assessement test and based on performance of assignement and test they will send for training(patni preparatory program ppp)..

The training will be 6 to 8 weeks and the stripen for the training will be paid along with our first month salary.We have to sign a two year agreement and also pay 75k refundable deposit. This deposit is refundable after 2 years.

About the written test is very easy question but no time.. it has three section.
1.verbal
2.analytical
3. technical
All the three sections are very easy but we have to rush with time. no negative marks.

The rule to follow it is try to solve as many question as possible.
i) first solve all easy question.
ii) dont read the comphension paragraph without solving all other question.

about the g.d.
patni g.d is a selection processs. They kept written test and g.d on same day. They just check the communication skill. people with some moderate communication skill will easily get shortlisted..

about the interview
The interview call was after 4 weeks. The personal interview is truely depend upon the candidate fate. It may be purely H.R for some people. and There may also be tech questions.

1. tell me abt urself.
2. what is ur hobbies.
3. what is ur project.
4. explain briefly abt ur project.

my tech questions are
1. o.s
2. scheduling
3. pre-emptive and non pre-emptive
4. deadlock
5. data structure
6. binary search
7. how to build binary tree
8. some sorting algorthim
9. collision in hash table.
10.java
11.thread

these are my experience with Patni Computer System.i hope u may get some idea about the process. Please go with full confience to all interview.
This was my 20th software company interview and finally i got it.

All the best..
Old 17th November 2015, 03:57 PM
Super Moderator

PATNI PAPER - AUG 2006
« on: January 22, 2007, 05:03:18 PM »

Patni came for campus interview to our coll and I am sharing in this article about how the aps will look like

Whole process is
Aptitude
GD
Personel Interview ( less technical & more general Questions here )

Aptitude is of 3 parts
Vervbal
Analytical
Quantitative

No Negative and Duration 70Min total and 60Q

Verbal ( 1 - 15 Q) and is for 20 minutes
Verbal is very very easy..... Just filling article

Eg) There was ----- cow and it ate ----- grass

We have some questions to choose nearest meaning of the words that are given in italics in a sentence

From (11 - 15Q) Comprehension type..... A paragraph was given and 5 questions were asked abt it... This was also very easy....

Analytical ( 16 - 30 Q) and is for 20 minutes
Was bit difficult.... We are given a 3 lines problem and based on it 2 questions.... If we think we can answer it....

Quants ( 31 - 60 Q) and is for 40 Minutes
All The questions are from RS agarwal and majority is Profit and Loss. Ration and proportion, SI, Numbers..

Its enough if we concentrate in these things.... Other question is very general...
Eg) How many time, long and short needle of clock coincides in a day

All the whole paper will be very easy, except Analytical. A bit tough....

Good news is the Cutoff is very low and one who has basic knowledge u can clear it.

All the best

PATNI PATTERN & INTERVIEW - 26 DEC 2004&GD 2004
« on: June 12, 2006, 02:17:18 PM »

PATNI PATTERN & INTERVIEW - 26 DEC 2004

Finally I got my dream job at Patni Computers. You wont believe it but this was my 20th attempt in any company.

The test was schedule on 26th dec at mumbai. It was really tough. I dont know how did i manage but i cleared the test. i got 22/40. Gd was on the same day. I had the topic infrastructure building in village. GD was fine they selected 6/11 in GD.

My interview was Conducted on 9th Jan. My interview was really bad. I can say u that patni interviews are just unpredictable. Only hr interview was taken for some of them. Deep technical for some of them.
Mine was different one. He asked me to was a c prog to reverse a string. I wrote it and then he asked me to do it with help of pointers.
I couldn't do it.

Then he asked me a puzzle. You have 2 sand timer of 7 min and 4 min. measure 10 min for me. I gave the answer in 3 steps, he said it is possible in 2 steps, but i couldn't do it. The answer is ---start both sand timer together. as the 4 min timer ends start noting the time. there will be 3 min left in 7 min timer. so 3 min and then invert 7 min timer so 3 + 7 =10 min. Then he asked me to leave. I was really sad bcos inspite of much preparation my interview was not good. I was not at all expecting the reply. But miracles really happen.

Just imagine the happiness of the person trying from 8 months and getting rejected from 19 companies earlier and getting job into PATNI.

(Paper Submitted By: Hardik Mehta)

Group To Join For A Huge List Of Aptitude Questions & Answers

PATNI PATTERN & GD - DEC 2004

1) APTITUDE TEST: NEGATIVE MARKING SOMETIME APPLICABLE SOMETIMES NOT. SO MAKE SURE BEFORE TEST.

2) GROUP DISCUSSION: YOU NEED TO SPEAK GENTLY AND U HAVE TO SHOW TEAMWORK, U MUST SPEAK IMPRESSIVELY.

3) TECHNICAL+HR: AS USUAL BR READY 4 PATNI PROFILE + TECHNICAL JARGONS

About the Written Test
The written test consists of aptitude and technical questions. The current pattern contains 20 questions to be done in 50 minutes and there is negative marking. Earlier the pattern was of 4 to 5 sections with questions of MCQ type. The sections were divided into analytical ,verbal , assertion and reasoning and data sufficiency. The former pattern is more commonly used in the tests.

About the Interview

The interview is preceded by a group discussion where the topics given are very general in kind.In the interview more stress is placed on HR, though technical questions (primarily on C/C++) and puzzles too are to be expected. We would suggest that you take a look at the Interview section. to get a better idea and view some useful tips for taking interviews

Profile of the Company

Patni Computer Systems (PCS) is an international software and applications outsourcing specialist, with over 20 years of experience. Founded in 1978, PCS now offers a wide range of services, including: application development / maintenance, ERP implementation & related services, E-Commerce & Web enabling solutions, Euro conversion, staff augmentation and offshore development.
PCS currently employs over 3400 software professionals at our primary development facilities in Mumbai, Navi Mumbai, Pune, Gandhinagar, Chennai and NOIDA (India).
PCS provides services to a varied field including Airlines, Automotive, Financial Services, Electronics, Healthcare, Hospitality, Manufacturing, Products, and Utilities.

PCS usually tests the candidates selected on the basis of the written paper through a group discussion session. The stress here is to test the ability of the candidate to think logically and present these thoughts in a lucid manner. The candidates are given a scenario and conditions applying to it and have to reach a decision according to the data. They will then be asked to explain their respective decisions.
Here are a couple of sample

GD topics:

1. In space ship 5 people are going in a spacecraft to another planet to start a cicilization.
These are:
Male doctor who is a drug addict Lady lawyer who has committed murder Lady teacher who is emotionally imbalanced 18 year old brilliant aeronautical engineer Male Noble prize winner
Suddenly some thing happens and oxygen is available to only three people to use. Which three would you choose

Hint :

1. You need atleast 1 lady to have future generations.
2. Aeruonautical engineer can be a female
3. Doctor is necessary to deal with new diseases.

2. In 2050 a nuclear disaster has ocurred and 50 persons are saved. These are of age above 15. Among them these people know 5 subjects and you have to choose only 3 of five subjects so that resticted resorces can used for future.The subjects are:
Enggineering Medicine Law Social Sciences Life Sciences

many problems on percentage and profit/loss from rs agarwal.
PatternAll are elimination Rounds)
1) Screening Test --> out of 750, 450 been selected for Aptitude.
2) Aptitude Test --> 50 questions in 1 hour.
3) Technical --> 50 question on Java/Jsp in 40 min. JSP was bit easy.
4) GD --> It was bit easy, was on general topic.
5) Tech/Per Interview --> All about Your Project which u mentioned in ur resume and on JSP.

1.one prob regarding TRANSLATION OF AXES (COORDINATE GEOMETRY FROM INTERMEDIATE)
2.SWAP TWO NUMBERS WITHOUT USING A TEMP VARIABLE. or Aptitude test, there were 40 questions to be solved in 60 minutes. Questions were based on geometry, profit and loss, percentages and arithmetic.

For Group Discussion, they divided us into groups of 10, gave us a topic, and we had to discuss for 20 minutes. At the end of the it, the instructor would select 1 person who should summarize the entire discussion.

For Personal Interview, They made us fill up a form, and then generally asked us about our answers which we had given. Questions include : Strengths/ weaknesses, career goals, about being transferred to another location etc.
Moreover, I was also asked about the type of books i read and current affairs. They also go through the resume in detail and asked about extra-curricular activities. Well, i am glad that i made it. As for the experience, i feel, any one can make it. The only thing that should be kept in mind is, i guess, one should be prepared. I don't mean that one has to do extensive preparation, but just brushing up of important topics in maths, revising concepts of C, learnt earlier should be enough. As for GD/PI, confidence is important.

1.what is the angle between teo hands of a clock when time is 8-30 ans:75(appro
2.a student is ranked 13th from right and 8th from left.how many are there(similer) 3.a,b,c,d,e,f are arranged in a circle b is to right of c and so on(rs aggrewal)
4.chain rule (work&time)
5.puzzle test. some data is given and he asked three qustions below. based on data we have to answer.
6.six questions on venn diagrams.
7.5 years ago sum of ages of father and son ans:40,10
8.assertion and reasoning 1.clouds 2.capital city of developed corentira ansfor both is :a
9.man walks east & from turns to right & from to left &then 45degrees to right. in which direction he went ns:north west
10.aa-b-bb-aaa-
11.96,85,..(a series with diff 11),3,15,45,..,total 3 questions are given on series
12.a student got 70% in one subject,80% in other.to get overall 75% how much he should get in third subject.
12.a news pwper must have a.news b.advertizements 3.editor 4.date 5.paper
13.if clouds are air, air are water and so on where birds fly?
14.press,cinema,tv ans:mass media
15.3 qustions on rs aggrewal relations i.e first few chapters of aggrewal (english)
16.a man showed to a woman sitting in a pack & told to his friend. she is the daughter of my grand mother only son ans:daughter

group discussion topic

1.if you become municipal corporate what steps you take to develop your area.
2.if you become administrative officer of this university what steps you take to improve standards.
3.tell what are the seven problems in Calcutta and solutions to problems?
4.abortion is legal or illegal the following two topics are important they asked the same topics to many
students by changing the numbers
interview here they asked only personal. relating to what you have written in psychometric test and some puzzles one puzzle is 10 machines are there only one is defective teams are coming out how to do you find out which is defective second: * * * how do you reverse this in two transitions * * * * * * *

PATNI PATTERN,Interview 27 JUL 2003 &- CHENNAI- 19 NOV 2005[EXPERIENCED]
« on: June 12, 2006, 02:02:53 PM »

Hi to all,

I got selected for training by Patni Computer System ( NonIT for IT category! with 1+ experience )

I had applied to PCS thru the mail id given in the groups.

About a week after I applied,I got the call letter to write the test on July 27th in Anna University,Guindy at 9am.

The process started with the ppt on the company.The auditorium was overflowing. After the presentation the aptitude test was to take place. It was clear that the Team wasn't prepared for such a huge crowd. people without the call letter were asked to leave the hall, people without 1yr experience were also asked to leave. There weren't enough question papers so the test was conducted in batches.

The test was quite easy, though I don't remember the questions I bet u cud attend all the questions if u had just browsed thru R.S.Agarwal questions.

The test was over by 1pm. They said the results wud be put up in the auditorium by 1.30pm. But it wasn't...1.30...2....2.30....3....no use roaming around the auditorium & we started walking around & lo & behold the results are put up near the hall. is my name there yes. just in time for the Group Discussion which was running late by an hr.

For Getting More Offers From This Company, Join Here.....
LINK TO JOIN : http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/jobs_freshers/

The topic was "Middle Class-Problems & Solutions". I thought that everybody knew what a GD was but no what I saw of our GD was that everybody opened their mouth at the same time, nobody ready to stop talking & to listen what their friend had to say. At a point I started banging the desk & I said lets start the "GD" please & tried to give the silent members a chance by asking "what's ur opinion on this"? "let her finish her point" etc

At the end the evaluators asked each of us to summarise the GD & write in a paper about the events of the day.

That was the end of Round 2.

The selected ppl were asked to go thru a psychometric test.

After which we were asked to wait for interview.

2 rounds of personal interview.I was asked about my project & my work experience. For some there were technical questions related to Electronics. (The interviewer was an electronics guy as only ECE students were asked technical questions!!!)

Training is for 5 months on Mainframes. 2hrs a day on alternate days.We were asked to continue with our current jobs.

After 5 months a test will be held & "if" u pass it & "if" there is any requirement u will be taken in!!!!

The pay will be 14k if u get selected after 5 months till then no salary/stipend.

PATNI PAPER - 1999 - JADAVPUR PATNI NEW:-->>99-->>(Misc)
« on: June 12, 2006, 02:04:27 PM »

PATNI PAPER - 1999 - JADAVPUR
PATNI NEW:-->>99-->>

1.what is the angle between teo hands of a clock when time is 8-30
ans:75(approx)

2.a student is ranked 13th from right and 8th from left.how many are there (similer)

3.a,b,c,d,e,f are arranged in a circle b is to right of c and so on(rs aggrewal)

4.chain rule(work&time)

5.puzzle test.some data is given and he asked three qustions below.based on data we have to answer.

Old 17th November 2015, 03:58 PM
Super Moderator

8.assertion and reasoning 1.clouds 2.capital city of dweloped corentira ans for both is :a

9.man walks east & from turns to right & from to left &then 45degrees to right. in which direction he went ans:north west

10.aa-b-bb-aaa-

11.96,85,.(a series with diff 11),3,15,45,....,total 3 questions are given on series

12.a student got 70% in one subject,80% in other.to get overall 75% how much he should get in third subject.

15.3 qustions on rs aggrewal relations i.e first few chapters of aggrewal (english)

16.a man showed to a woman sitting in a pack & told to his friend.she is the daughter of my grand mother only son ans:daughter

group disscussion topic
1.if you become muncipal corporater what steps you take to develop your area.
2.if you beco me administrative officer of this university what steps you take to improve standards.
3.tell what are the seven problems in calcutta and solutions to problems?
4.abortion is legal or illegal
the following two topics are omportant they asked the same topics to many students by changing the numbers

5.in 2050 a nuclear disaster has ocurred and 50 persons are saved.which are of age above 15.of them 20 know 6 subjects and you have to choose only 3 of six subjects so that resticted resorces can used for future
subjects are 1.enggineering 2.medical 3.law 4.social sciences 5.life
sciences
6.----
6.in space ship 5men are going1.docter,drug asdditive 2.lady lawer has done
crime 3.teacher emotinally imbalanced
4.18.18 year old aeruonautical engineer 5. noble lauraut .suddenly some thing happend and oxygen is avaliable to only three people to use which of three you choose

Interview

here they asked only personal.relating to what you have written in sychometric test and some puzzles. One puzzle is 10 machines are there only one is defective iteams are coming out how tdo you find out which is defective
second: ** how do you reverse this in two transitions

PATNI PAPER & GD - MUMBAI, 16 JUL 2001 - JAMSHEDPUR
« on: June 12, 2006, 02:12:39 PM »

PATNI PAPER & GD - MUMBAI
Here is the pattern of PCS on campus MUMBAI.

There was only aptitude test of 40 questions with negative marking of -1 for each wrong answer.I could recollect only few of them .

1.mod(x)+cube(x)=0 1.(0,-1) 2.(0,-1,1) 3.(0,-1,-2) 4.indeterminate ans0,-1)

2.if a+b+c < 1 then ab+bc+ac = ? 1. <1/2 2 >1/2 3.1 4.none of these. ans <1/2.

3.if a man earns Rs20 on first day and spends Rs15 on second day ,and earns Rs20 on third day and spends Rs 15 on fourth day and goes on on which day he will be having Rs 60. ans. 17th day. (similar to sakuntala devi monkey puzzle).

4.int a tennis tournament there are 137 players .to decide the winner among them how many matches should be played among them. such that if a player losts the match he is not eligible for the next round. ans.136

5.if there is only 1 kg weight with you in how many minimum weightings u would weigh 31 kg ans 5.

6.between 1 and 100 total no of numbers divisible by 3 ,9 and 27.

7.between 1 and 100 total no of numbers divisible by any two of 3 ,9 and 27.

8.between 1 and 100 total no of numbers divisible by exactly two of 3 ,9 and 27.

9.between 1 and 100 total no of numbers divisible by all the 3 ,9 and 27.

10. if m and n divisible by 5 then which of thw following br not necessarily br true. a.m-n divisible by 5.
b.m^2 - n^2 divisible by 25. c.m+n divisible by 5. d.indeterminate ans:- d

11.between numbers 10 to 99 how many numbers can be formed with the combinations of 0,1,2,3,4.

12. M*n= -1 then m+n=0 if m ,n are consecutive odd numbers.

13.if three cubes are numbered with 1 ,2,3 onthere faces then what is the probability of drawing the cubes on after the other cubes with replacement threee times for N=1,2,3.

14.the perimeter of an equilateral triangle is 45.if one of the side is the side of an isoceles triangle of perimeter 40 then what is the length of base of isosceles triangle. ans:40

15 AA is two digit number then m times its cube of AA has 1 in its tens place then what is m.

16.the two numbers (23__)^32 and (12__)^ 33 has 6 in the last digit what is the missing digit.

17.once 3000 students went ot amusement park. there are three kinds of trips of Rs 1 each .in which 800 students tokk all the three trips and 1400 students took atleast 2 trips and no student took more than one round. if the amusement park collected a total of Rs7200 then find the total number os students who took no trip.

18.The ratio of white balls to black balls is 1:2.If 9 grey balls are added then the ratio of white:black:grey is 2:4:3.Find the number of black balls. ans:12

19.15x^2 -ax +60=0 if one root is square of other then find a.

20.82*83*84*....89 what is the digit in units place. ans 0.

PATNI Computers
« on: September 09, 2006, 10:20:09 AM »

PATNI Computers 1.what is the angle between teo hands of a clock when time is 8-30 ans:75(appro 2.a student is ranked 13th from right and 8th from left.how many are there(similer) 3.a,b,c,d,e,f are arranged in a circle b is to right of c and so on(rs aggrewal) 4.chain rule(work&time) 5.puzzle test.some data is given and he asked three qustions below.based on data we have to answer. 6.six questions on venn diagrams. 7.5 years ago sum of ages of father and son ans:40,10 8.assertion and reasoning 1.clouds 2.capital city of dweloped corentira ans for both is :a 9.man walks east & from turns to right & from to left &then 45degrees to right.in which direction he went ans:north west 10.aa-b-bb-aaa- 11.96,85,....(a series with diff 11),3,15,45,....,total 3 questions are given on series 12.a student got 70% in one subject,80% in other.to get overall 75% how much he should get in third subject. 12.a news pwper must have a.news b.advertizements 3.editor 4.date 5.paper 13.if clouds are air, air are water and so on where birds fly? 14.press,cinema,tv ans:mass media 15.3 qustions on rs aggrewal relations i.e first few chapters of aggrewal(english) 16.a man showed to a woman sitting in a pack & told to his friend.she is the daughter of my grand mother only son ans:daughter group disscussion topic 1.if you become muncipal corporater what steps you take to develop your area. 2.if you become administrative officer of this university what steps you take to improve standards. 3.tell what are the seven problems in calcutta and solutions to problems? 4.abortion is legal or illegal the following two topics are omportant they asked the same topics to many students by changing the numbers 5.in 2050 a nuclear disaster has ocurred and 50 persons are saved.which are of age above 15.of them 20 know 6 subjects and you have to choose only 3 of six subjects so that resticted resorces can used for future subjects are 1.enggineering 2.medical 3.law 4.social sciences 5.life sciences 6.---- 6.in space ship 5men are going1.docter,drug asdditive 2.lady lawer has done crime 3.teacher emotinally imbalanced 4.18.18 year old aeruonautical engineer 5. noble lauraut .suddenly some thing happend and oxygen is avaliable to only three people to use which of three you choose interview here they asked only personal.relating to what you have written in sychometric test and some puzzles one puzzle is 10 machines are there only one is defective iteams are coming out how tdo you find out which is defective second: * * * how do you reverse this in two transitions

Best,
Sandhya

PATNI PATTERN - DEC 2003
I got into patni Computer Systems.

I want to thank www.careerenclave.com/ ma'am for setting up this group which has been very useful.I got to know about the walk-in information from here itself. Also, suri sir for his inspiring messages.
Also to all the members who diligently provide information about job openings and their achievements, thank you very much.

they had 4 rounds viz:-

1) Aptitude test
2) Technical test ( C )
3) Group Discussion
4) Personal Interview.

Each round is an elimination round.

For Aptitude test,

there were 40 questions to be solved in 60 minutes. Questions were based on geometry, profit and loss, percentages and arithmetic.

For technical test, it was completely on C. There were 30 questions to be solved in 30 minutes. For most of the questions, a few lines of code were given, and the output/result of the code was to be determined. There were 7-8 True - False type of questions.

For Group Discussion, they divided us into groups of 10, gave us a topic, and we had to discuss for 20 minutes. At the end of the it, the instructor would select 1 person who should summarize the entire discussion.

For Personal Interview, They made us fill up a form, and then generally asked us about our answers which we had given.
Questions include : Strengths/ weaknesses, career goals, about being transferred to another location etc. Moreover, i was also asked about the type of books i read and current affairs. They also go through the resume in detail and asked about extra-curricular activities.

Well, i am glad that i made it. As for the experience, i feel, any one can make it. The only thing that should be kept in mind is, i guess, one should be prepared. I don't mean that one has to do extensive preparation, but just brushing up of important topics in maths, revising concepts of C, learnt earlier should be enough. As for GD/PI, confidence is important.

(Paper Submitted By : Vikas Murthy)

PATNI PATTERN - DEC 2003

First of all I would like to thank our moderator www.careerenclave.com/ for her selfless effort and also to Suri. I am proud of him as he was our senior in B.tech (SVEC, Tirupati).

information regarding my selection process .

1.aptitude test(all questions were from RS agrwal)
2.technical test(it was on C.it was dead easy.they just asked very basics)
3.GD
4.tech and HR interview.

regarding my interview i was not asked any tech questions.he asked me only 2 questions. they are

1.one prob regarding TRANSLATION OF AXES(COORDINATE GEOMETRY FROM INTERMEDIATE)
2.SWAP TWO NUMBERS WITHOUT USING A TEMP VARIABLE.

He concentrated mostly on my attitude and communication skill.

(Paper Submitted By : Satyanarayana Kumar G)

PATNI PATTERN - 18 OCT 2003

I got thru patni. i appeard for apptitude test , GD n tech. test in patni on 18'oct (saturday) n technical/personel interview on 21st .
there is important information abt patni test as far as i know.

(1) Apptitude Section

there is 3 subsection under it.. arithmatic,general/analytical reasoning,english.
time factor is very important to get thru each section has 35 questions each. n this is a 1hr test n 20 minutes r allotted to each section well if u want u may give extra time to anyother section but believe it s not correct way each section has its own cut off.
so u will have to go through all section with equal consideration.
english is simple ..some error detection sentences,fill in the blank. but major part of english section consist of eng comprehension. there were abt 18-20 question of comprehension out of 35 qus of eng. reasoning is very simple but rememeber one thing as it is simple u may like to do all questions from that section..DONT DO IT. give extra time to english n arithmatic section,comprehension takes lot of time but REMEMBER to get thru these 2 comprehensions r must.

Arithmatic is also easy n my suggession is that dont attempt data interpretation question as they take lot of time.
n important thing is that there is 1/4th negative marking in all the section. so be carefull.
in my openion if u attempt 20-25 from each section CORRECTLY then surely u will be able to get thru.

(2)G.D

its depent on the attitude of candidates.if u r able to make healthy
atmosphere in the group having convinced upon one common solution of the topic the 7-8 will be able to get thru out of a batch of 12. otherwise it may be possibe that only 1-2 or none candidate is selected. dont deviate from the topic say some thing specific to the topic n try to not take the topic in antother direction.if n speak only 2-3 good sentences logically related to the topic, its OK rather than speaking anything illogical n far from fact.

ATTITUDE is very important ..try to not to be AGGRESSIVE but not to be submissive.
n check who is not speaking ..promote that person to speak anything by drawing
the attention by that u will be able to show your team management skill.. but for that u should have spoken something before this.
n yes TRY TO BE THE FIRST PERSON IN THE GROUP TO SPEAK. that is MAJOR key to success. but its not possible always so speak 2-3 logical sentences with good communication skills. n conclude the topic
Super Moderator

n one more thing is that
u may put ur suggession to the panel.
the we can break down the session like.
1 fact n definition
2 problems associated with the fact
3 solutions to the problems
4 conclusion
so the we can give equal consideration to all aspects to the topic.
n if u r able to impose THIS. ur chance to get thru will BRIGHT.

(3) TECHNICAL test

tech/test consist of various potion like
JAVA
JAVA/JSP
VB/ASP
C++
there r basic qustions in that but do it carefully question may be confusing..
u may confuse in the options
in java were 25 question.
10 question were of fill in the blanks. NO OPTIONS.
but there were very basic like Synchronised keyword,Runnable interface,
String Buffer Class,Mutable Class,MouseListener Interface etc.

(4)Tech/Personal interview

its combination of both tech/personal.
be prepare with your final year project. go thru it thoroughly
n prepare with basic question.
u may asked to tell them ur AREA OF INTEREST. so prepare 2-3 subjects thorighly (basics)
n some typical HR question ur hobby..but REMEMBER one thing if u say
ur hobby is cricket so u should have enough knowledge of cricket..n current score of match (if india is playing at the time anywhere)
so this is all about PATNI COMPUTER SYSTEM.
they may have test in a week or two.

(Paper Submitted By : Dheeraj Bhardwaj)

PATNI PATTERN - SEP 2003 - PUNE

I owe you a Big thanks to all of you and I am really greatful to one and all of this group. I dont have any words to express my gratitude. I just got a call from Patni Computers, Pune that I have been selected and joining date would be on 24th of this month.

The info I got it from our Group only. I am thankful to the friends who have posted the info in this group.

5) Tech/Per Interview --> All about Your Project which u mentioned in ur resume and on JSP.

(Paper Submitted By : sundar)

PATNI PATTERN - SEP 2003

HAI

I got into Patni as a project trainee.( BE(IT) 2003 )

I had appeared for the open house test on last sunday.

Test Pattern:

1. Apptitude:

refer any good book.

2. technical:there are 2 options VB AND ASP or java AND JSP

i took vb/asp.

vb:
q related to actvex dll/exe.-- go into details
multithreading.
ado

asp:
objects in asp.
get/post method
thoers

asp was simple but vb was a bit tricky.

Thanks to all especially Chetna group!!

(Paper Submitted By : V D Joshi)

PATNI PATTERN - 3 AUG 2003

Hello,

recently i was selected in Patni computer systems( on 3&4 th of august).but they said they shall send a offer letter with in one month. and so i am unable to even be sure that i got or it.

ok i am sending the pattern of this test first we had 2 written test
one ananlytical - mostly from RS Agarwal
second was tech. written test- ( based on ur choice it can be c/C++/java/vb/asp/oracle)
next day we had interviews (2)

one was purely tech. ( its not so tough)
second was a mixture of tech. and hr(mostly it was hr but still they asked some tech questions also)
then they gave us a letter indicating that we were
short listed for future requirements.

(Paper Submitted By : ANAND SHARMA)

PATNI PATTERN - AUG 2003 - MUMBAI

I got into patni..I was asked to join on 18th august at the seepz(Mumbai) branch..

I will summerise the pattern..

there was an aptitude test,GD, psychometric(they call it by soem other name )followed by technical/personal interview.

aptitude test was simple ,R S Agarwal type questions ..for those who cleared the test there was a psychometric test (nobody willbe eliminated based on this !!)and then there was GD those who cleared GD, were called for an interview.

GD topic was "Age of Information"

..interview was of 30 -40 minutes duration.some of the questions asked to me where ..

1) what is page fault ?how it happens?
2) what is the need of nomalization ?
3)if you have a client who doesn't need a peoplesoft package , but can manage with excel,but ur target requires that u should sell ur peoplesoft to him also what will u do ? will u try to sell it or tell him to use excel ?(HR)
4)if u were given 6 sticks of equal size and how will u form 3 equilateral(only 3 not more not less) triangles using them ?

psychometric test was pure chatecter checkin and consistancy checking test ..one has to be care ful that he answes all and answers are consistant (same question will be asked in different ways!!)
being honest is a good solution!!

thanks once agin friends and i will keep on posting any oppurtunities comes my way ..

(Paper Submitted By : Meenal Jain)

PATNI PATTERN - JUL 2003

We had Patni at our campus and aptitude test was online. Questions will be quantitative and analytical. Questions will be very easy but u've only 90 secs for each question. If u answer wrong u've negative marking and if u dont answer like if u didnt complete the question within 90 secs it'll be marked as "I don't know". No negative marking for that type of answers. Refer Agarwal for apti.

two of the questions i remember are

1 There are two clocks. Both are set at 12 noon on friday. First one is on the normal pace and the second one is faster and gains 2 mins and 2 secs each hour. So what will be the time on monday morning 10 in the first clock?

answer will 10 am since first one is in the correct pace.

2 Right now a plane is at 3000m from ground level and descending at a speed of xkm(i dont remember the number). It will be touching the ground in 10 secs. So what distance is the plane now from the ground?

answer will be 3kms.

i'm sorry i dont remember the GD topic.

Interview was purely technical. They even asked to write C programs.

(Paper Submitted By : Indumathy)

PATNI PATTERN - JUL 2003

Regarding patni walkin in the month may i attended walkin but failed in interview. here i am giving my exp details

1.In the first level u have to complete arithmetic test. questions are very simple based on profit and loss, speed and distance etc if u prepare rs agarwal u can easily clear it. after completing this within 1 hr they anounced the slected
candidates.

2. 2nd round technical round. questions are from JSP, EJB and IPLANET SERVER. to complete this u must be thorough in JSP Basics like syntax of expressions,drectives etc, and EJB also they concentrated on basics only they asked questions abt message driven beans also.

3.in the interview they asked abt the projects and some questions from JSP,Servlets, Core JAVA they will ask questions basing on whst u tell them for the question WHAT ARE U R CORE SKILLS? and Projects i.e if u kept EJB project certainly they will ask questions from EJB.

(Paper Submitted By : Venkateswara Reddy)

PATNI PAPER - 2003

// This is another paper, we don't have this paper as such, I am giving over all idea of paper with some question..
// There r 5 sections; 5 questions in section1, 5 in section 2
// 8 marks in english (section 3); section 4 True or False type

/*********************************************
Section1:

5 questions.. (Mutiple choices)

i.e select any one of the following for 5 questions;;
A) only 1 is sufficent
B) only 2 is sufficent
C) both nessary
D) both are insufficent
E) either is sufficent

1. (Don't know)

2. one composition contains... 5/4 L 6/14 L.
(Ans. both r insufficent)

3. x fabric.. 6.50 per meter , 25% wholesale..
(Ans: both r required)

4 & 5 don't know..

/**************************************/

Section 2 (Analitical)

1. Average 3years 45,000, 1st 1.5 times, 2nd 2.5 times..
(Calculate in this way. (x+1.5x+2.5x)/3 = 45000 i.e 5x/3 =
45000 ) then calculate required value.)

2. Three vehecle speed ratio 1:2:3 & time ratio 3:2:1...Distance ratio ??
(Ans: 3:4:3.. check once)

3. some km/hr problem.
(Ans: 150 km/hr)

4 & 5 don't know.

/***********************************/

Section 3 (English - 8 marks.. mutiple choice..)

Don't know.

/******************************/

Section 4 (True or Flase type..)

1. Square contains all angles , one object does not contain angles;
1.1 True
1.2 False
1.3 True

PATNI PATTERN - JUN 2003
Hi CareerEnclave Members
Super Moderator

n one more thing is that
u may put ur suggession to the panel.
the we can break down the session like.
1 fact n definition
2 problems associated with the fact
3 solutions to the problems
4 conclusion
so the we can give equal consideration to all aspects to the topic.
n if u r able to impose THIS. ur chance to get thru will BRIGHT.

(3) TECHNICAL test

tech/test consist of various potion like
JAVA
JAVA/JSP
VB/ASP
C++
there r basic qustions in that but do it carefully question may be confusing..
u may confuse in the options
in java were 25 question.
10 question were of fill in the blanks. NO OPTIONS.
but there were very basic like Synchronised keyword,Runnable interface,
String Buffer Class,Mutable Class,MouseListener Interface etc.

(4)Tech/Personal interview

its combination of both tech/personal.
be prepare with your final year project. go thru it thoroughly
n prepare with basic question.
u may asked to tell them ur AREA OF INTEREST. so prepare 2-3 subjects thorighly (basics)
n some typical HR question ur hobby..but REMEMBER one thing if u say
ur hobby is cricket so u should have enough knowledge of cricket..n current score of match (if india is playing at the time anywhere)
so this is all about PATNI COMPUTER SYSTEM.
they may have test in a week or two.

(Paper Submitted By : Dheeraj Bhardwaj)

PATNI PATTERN - SEP 2003 - PUNE

I owe you a Big thanks to all of you and I am really greatful to one and all of this group. I dont have any words to express my gratitude. I just got a call from Patni Computers, Pune that I have been selected and joining date would be on 24th of this month.

The info I got it from our Group only. I am thankful to the friends who have posted the info in this group.

(Paper Submitted By : sundar)

PATNI PATTERN - SEP 2003

HAI

I got into Patni as a project trainee.( BE(IT) 2003 )

I had appeared for the open house test on last sunday.

Test Pattern:

1. Apptitude:

refer any good book.

2. technical:there are 2 options VB AND ASP or java AND JSP

i took vb/asp.

vb:
q related to actvex dll/exe.-- go into details
multithreading.
ado

asp:
objects in asp.
get/post method
thoers

asp was simple but vb was a bit tricky.

Thanks to all especially Chetna group!!

(Paper Submitted By : V D Joshi)

PATNI PATTERN - 3 AUG 2003

Hello,

recently i was selected in Patni computer systems( on 3&4 th of august).but they said they shall send a offer letter with in one month. and so i am unable to even be sure that i got or it.

ok i am sending the pattern of this test first we had 2 written test
one ananlytical - mostly from RS Agarwal
second was tech. written test- ( based on ur choice it can be c/C++/java/vb/asp/oracle)
next day we had interviews (2)

one was purely tech. ( its not so tough)
second was a mixture of tech. and hr(mostly it was hr but still they asked some tech questions also)
then they gave us a letter indicating that we were
short listed for future requirements.

(Paper Submitted By : ANAND SHARMA)

PATNI PATTERN - AUG 2003 - MUMBAI

I got into patni..I was asked to join on 18th august at the seepz(Mumbai) branch..

I will summerise the pattern..

there was an aptitude test,GD, psychometric(they call it by soem other name )followed by technical/personal interview.

aptitude test was simple ,R S Agarwal type questions ..for those who cleared the test there was a psychometric test (nobody willbe eliminated based on this !!)and then there was GD those who cleared GD, were called for an interview.

GD topic was "Age of Information"

..interview was of 30 -40 minutes duration.some of the questions asked to me where ..

1) what is page fault ?how it happens?
2) what is the need of nomalization ?
3)if you have a client who doesn't need a peoplesoft package , but can manage with excel,but ur target requires that u should sell ur peoplesoft to him also what will u do ? will u try to sell it or tell him to use excel ?(HR)
4)if u were given 6 sticks of equal size and how will u form 3 equilateral(only 3 not more not less) triangles using them ?

psychometric test was pure chatecter checkin and consistancy checking test ..one has to be care ful that he answes all and answers are consistant (same question will be asked in different ways!!)
being honest is a good solution!!

thanks once agin friends and i will keep on posting any oppurtunities comes my way ..

(Paper Submitted By : Meenal Jain)

PATNI PATTERN - JUL 2003

We had Patni at our campus and aptitude test was online. Questions will be quantitative and analytical. Questions will be very easy but u've only 90 secs for each question. If u answer wrong u've negative marking and if u dont answer like if u didnt complete the question within 90 secs it'll be marked as "I don't know". No negative marking for that type of answers. Refer Agarwal for apti.

two of the questions i remember are

1 There are two clocks. Both are set at 12 noon on friday. First one is on the normal pace and the second one is faster and gains 2 mins and 2 secs each hour. So what will be the time on monday morning 10 in the first clock?

answer will 10 am since first one is in the correct pace.

2 Right now a plane is at 3000m from ground level and descending at a speed of xkm(i dont remember the number). It will be touching the ground in 10 secs. So what distance is the plane now from the ground?

answer will be 3kms.

i'm sorry i dont remember the GD topic.

Interview was purely technical. They even asked to write C programs.

(Paper Submitted By : Indumathy)

PATNI PATTERN - JUL 2003

Regarding patni walkin in the month may i attended walkin but failed in interview. here i am giving my exp details

1.In the first level u have to complete arithmetic test. questions are very simple based on profit and loss, speed and distance etc if u prepare rs agarwal u can easily clear it. after completing this within 1 hr they anounced the slected
candidates.

2. 2nd round technical round. questions are from JSP, EJB and IPLANET SERVER. to complete this u must be thorough in JSP Basics like syntax of expressions,drectives etc, and EJB also they concentrated on basics only they asked questions abt message driven beans also.

3.in the interview they asked abt the projects and some questions from JSP,Servlets, Core JAVA they will ask questions basing on whst u tell them for the question WHAT ARE U R CORE SKILLS? and Projects i.e if u kept EJB project certainly they will ask questions from EJB.

(Paper Submitted By : Venkateswara Reddy)

PATNI PAPER - 2003

// This is another paper, we don't have this paper as such, I am giving over all idea of paper with some question..
// There r 5 sections; 5 questions in section1, 5 in section 2
// 8 marks in english (section 3); section 4 True or False type

/*********************************************
Section1:

A) only 1 is sufficent
B) only 2 is sufficent
C) both nessary
D) both are insufficent
E) either is sufficent

1. (Don't know)

2. one composition contains... 5/4 L 6/14 L.
(Ans. both r insufficent)

3. x fabric.. 6.50 per meter , 25% wholesale..

4 & 5 don't know..

Section 2 (Analitical)

(Calculate in this way. (x+1.5x+2.5x)/3 = 45000 i.e 5x/3 =
45000 ) then calculate required value.)

2. Three vehecle speed ratio 1:2:3 & time ratio 3:2:1...Distance ratio ??

3. some km/hr problem.
(Ans: 150 km/hr)

4 & 5 don't know.

Don't know.

1. Square contains all angles , one object does not contain angles;
1.1 True
1.2 False
1.3 True

PATNI PATTERN - JUN 2003
Hi CareerEnclave Members
Old 17th November 2015, 03:59 PM
Super Moderator

They have an aptitude test consisting of 40qs in 1hr. Didnt have -ve marking. But in the camppus the apti was different with a bit of 'c' q's also and -ve marking.

Then there is a GD. in college my topic was like a case study where a certain scenario was given and u had to give ur call. In end u will be asked to sumarize and write to conclusion on a piece of paper.

The third round will be a tech/HR interrview. they screw some ppl with difficult situations or ask some q's in 'c'.

nothing to worry about actually. Just be confident in wut ur saying thats all.
The walkin was meant for ppl with work ex so they also had a java test in that.

(Paper Submitted By : Chirag Radhakrishnan)

PATNI PAPER - 2003 - MUMBAI

This is the pattern of PCS on campus MUMBAi.
There was only aptitude test of 40 questions with negative marking of -1 for each wrong answer.I could recollect only few of them .

1.mod(x)+cube(x)=0
1.(0,-1) 2.(0,-1,1) 3.(0,-1,-2) 4.indeterminate
ans0,-1)
2.if a+b+c < 1 then ab+bc+ac = ?
1. <1/2 2 >1/2 3.1 4.none of these.
ans <1/2.

3.if a man earns Rs20 on first day and spends Rs15 on second day ,and earns Rs20 on third day and spends Rs 15 on fourth day and goes on on which day he will be having Rs 60.
ans. 17th day. (similar to sakuntala devi monkey puzzle).
4.int a tennis tournment there are 137 players .to decide the winner among them how many matches should be played among them.such that if a player losts the match he is not eligible for the next round.
ans.136
5.if there is only 1 kg weight with you in how many minimum weighings u would weigh 31 kg.
ans 5.
6.between 1 and 100 toatl no of numbers divisible by 3 ,9 and 27.
7.between 1 and 100 toatl no of numbers divisible by any two of 3 ,9 and 27.
8.between 1 and 100 toatl no of numbers divisible by exactly two of 3 ,9 and 27.
9.between 1 and 100 toatl no of numbers divisible by all the 3 ,9 and 27.
10. if m and n divisible by 5 then which of thw following br not necessarily br true.
a.m-n divisible by 5.
b.m^2 - n^2 divisible by 25.
c.m+n divisible by 5.
d.indeterminate
ans:- d
11.between numbers 10 to 99 how many numbers can be formed with the combinations of 0,1,2,3,4.
12. M*n= -1 then m+n=0 if m ,n are consecutive odd numbers.
13.if three cubes are numbered with 1 ,2,3 onthere faces then what is the probability of drawing the cubes on after the other cubes with replacement threee times for N=1,2,3.
14.the perimeter of an equilateral triangle is 45.if one of the side is the side of an isoceles triangle of perimeter 40 then what is the
lenght of base of isoceles triangle.
ans:40
15 AA is two digit number then m times its cube of AA has 1 in its tens place then what is m.
16.the twonumbers (23__)^32 and (12__)^ 33 has 6 in the last digit what is the missing digit.
17.once 3000 students went ot amusement park.there are three kinds of trips of Rs 1 each .in which 800 students tokk all the three trips and 1400 students took atleast 2 trips and no student took more than one round. if the amusement park collected a total of Rs7200 then find the total number os students who took no trip.
18.The ratio of white balls to black balls is 1:2.If 9 grey balls are added then the ratio of white:black:grey is 2:4:3.Find the number of black balls.
ans:12
19.15x^2 -ax +60=0
if one root is square of other then find a.
20.82*83*84*..89 what is the digit in units place.
ans 0.
21.if A and B run on a circular path in opposite directions of constant speeds with different velocities from P and Q. First time they meet 800 mts away from P and second time they meet 700 mts away from P, what is the lenght of the circular path.

22.venn diagram on English French and Germany.

23.Venn diagram on news papers.

24.if a,b,c,d,e are in group discussion with following group rules what is the probability of a talking before b.

Patni Written test and G.D.
« on: October 08, 2006, 10:38:01 PM »

Hi memebers,
I am Aravindhan. I attended Patni off campus at St.Joseph today. I got through Written test and Group Discussion .. I like to share your experience.

Written test no negative marking 70 mins with 60 qns

Typical Patni pattern.

Verbal 15 qns ...It's dead easy...
A few questions on filling prepositions
Two Paragaraphs were given and 5 questions were asked on each.

Analytical 15 qns
A little tough with paragraphs and questions on them
Similar to logical reasoning of TCS type

Quans 30 qns
Most of them were from Profit and Loss

Group Discussion
Totally 8 panels with 10 to 12 persons in each

Our panel had 12. Topic was BPO. The moderator instructed to give genereal views on topic and asked us to give a very short introduction. He initiated each one of us from time to time encouraging us to talk.. being a very common topic we were able to share lot of ideas. The moderator was keenly watching us and asked to conclude individually.
GD lasted for 30 minutes. Results were announced in the next half an hour and 7 got selected in our panel and roughly 80 of us cleared the GD round. They told the interview venue and timing will be informed by phone calls only.
Waiting for the interview now..

Note: They asked "What u know about Patni" even in GD's . So guys do visit the company's website before you go there....

Patni placement papers
« on: September 09, 2006, 10:19:04 AM »
Old 17th November 2015, 03:59 PM
Super Moderator

FOR MORE & MORE TECHNICAL INTERVIEW QUESTIONS …, Join Our Group now

Patni placement paper

PATNI NEW:--99--

1.what is the angle between two hands of a clock when time is 8-30
ans:75(appro
2.a student is ranked 13th from right and 8th from left.how many are
there(similer)
3.a,b,c,d,e,f are arranged in a circle b is to right of c and so on(rs
aggrewal)
4.chain rule(work&time)
5.puzzle test.some data is given and he asked three qustions below.based on
data
we have to answer.
8.assertion and reasoning 1.clouds 2.capital city of dweloped corentira ans
for
both is :a
9.man walks east & from turns to right & from to left &then 45degrees to
right.in which direction he went ans:north west
10.aa-b-bb-aaa-
11.96,85,....(a series with diff 11),3,15,45,....,total 3 questions are
given on
series
12.a student got 70% in one subject,80% in other.to get overall 75% how much
he
should get in third subject.
15.3 qustions on rs aggrewal relations i.e first few chapters of
aggrewal(english)
16.a man showed to a woman sitting in a pack & told to his friend.she is
the
daughter of my grand mother only son ans:daughter

group disscussion topic
1.if you become muncipal corporater what steps you take to develop your
area.
2.if you become administrative officer of this university what steps you
take to
improve standards.
4.abortion is legal or illegal
the following two topics are omportant they asked the same topics to many
students by changing the numbers

5.in 2050 a nuclear disaster has ocurred and 50 persons are saved.which are
of
age above 15.of them 20 know 6 subjects and you have to choose only 3 of
six
subjects so that resticted resorces can used for future
subjects are 1.enggineering 2.medical 3.law 4.social sciences 5.life
sciences
6.----
6.in space ship 5men are going1.docter,drug asdditive 2.lady lawer has done
crime 3.teacher emotinally imbalanced
4.18.18 year old aeruonautical engineer 5. noble lauraut .suddenly some
thing
happend
and oxygen is avaliable to only three people to use which of three you
choose

interview

here they asked only personal.relating to what you have written in
sychometric
test
and some puzzles
one puzzle is 10 machines are there only one is defective iteams are coming
out
how tdo you find out which is defective
second: *
how do you reverse this in two transitions

Best,
Sandhya

PATNI PAPER (MISC COLLECTIONS)
« on: June 12, 2006, 02:08:29 PM »

PATNI PAPER

1. square root of(PQ)=8 then 4 options
Ans+q =1: is not possible

2. equilateral triangle of side 10 units. cow is tethered with a rope of length 7 units at one of the vertex. Find the area of the field grazed. ans-77/3

3.Series till 50 terms: 2+3-5 +2+3-5+.... ans:5

5.when x is divided by 299 remainder is 100. then when x is divided by 23 remainder is ? ans:8

6. there r 2 groups A and B. A boy goes from gp A to gp B. When he goes the ave wt of both the gps A and B increases. Then?
ans:ave wt of gp A>wt of boy is>ave wt of gp B

7. (7^2)^3 and 7^2^3. What is the relation between the 2 . ie >,<,= ans- (7^2)^3<7^2^3.

8.Train speed 36kph. Dist traveled in 3minutes in meters ans-1800m

9. with the digits 1,2,3,4,5,6 make all 6 digit nos which r not divisible by 5. The no of such 6 digit nos is ans:600

10. x 2.5 3.5 1.5
y25 49 9 then what is the relation between x and y
ans:y is directly proportional to (2x)^2

11.18kg of fresh grapes have 90% water. dry grapes have 20% water. then the weight of the dry grapes is ans:2.25kg

14.population is 20000. Pop increases by 10% every year, then the pop after 3 years is? ans-26620

15.Dist bet 2 places A and B is given. A man P starts from place A at 9 pm and another man Q goes from B at 10pm. Speed of Q is double of that of P. Both cover 1/4 dist in the same time interval. then A travels the entire dist in time ? ans:8hrs

17.Entry fee is Re1. There r 3 rides each is of Re1. Total boys entering is 3000. Total income is Rs 7200. 800 students do all the 3 rides. 1400 go for atleast 2 rides. None go the same ride twice. Then no of students who do not go any ride is
ans:1400 (check-1000)

19. 1,23,45,67... ans:-89

20. m is div by 5, n is div by 5
m-n is div by 5 m*n is div by 25
ans:then m+n is not div by 10

22.Cube of side 5 cms is fully painted in alll the 6 sides. it is then cut into cubes each of side 1 cms. then prob that 2 sides r painted is ans:36/125

24.A is 25% bigger than B B is 20% less than C then the relation bet A, B, C ans 5:4:5

25.A cone and a sphere have the same radius. and in the cone we put the sphere then how much of sphere will be inside the cone
a)1/2 b)>1/2 c)<1/2 ans d)1/4

26. there r 5 papers Ratio of marks obtained in each subject is 6:7:8:9:10. Total marks obtained is 60%. 50% is pass marks. In how many subjects did he get above 50%. ans:4

27. which one is not correct a)cube rootof 343.
b)3.24 is not an integer Ans:none of these

28.A and B r 2 men who enter into business and they invest Rs 1000, Rs 2000 resp. How will they divide the income of Rs 5000 .ans 5000/3 & 5000(2/3)

29. 9C2 + 9C3 +10C4=? ans 11c4
-------------------------------------------
1. 10^23-7 is divided by 6, remainder is? ans-3

2. if x+y+z =1. then xy+yz+zx is
a)<1/2 ans b)>1/2 c)=1/2

12.nos from 1 to 100.
a)find all the nos which r divisble by 3,9,27 --33
b)at least 2 --11
c) only 2 --8
d) none --67

13. 3 balls inside a bag having nos on it written 1 , 2, 3 on it. a ball is taken and then put inside it. Find probability that all 3 nos r the same when it is taken 3 times ans-1/27

27)15c6+15c7+16c8=== 17cx ans- x== 8 or 9.

28)three men invested sum. and their ratio is 5:7:6. profit is 5400.then b's share ans--2100

29)sum of all 5 digit nos formed using 1,3,5,7,9. ans---6666600 (11111+33333+55555+77777+99999)*24. each digit occupies all the places for 24 times.

30)x and y even nos. x>y which is even. a)x+y b)x-y c) 2x/y (not)

31)1/2 divived by 1/2 of 1/2 ) whole divided by 1/2 +1/2 of 1/2
ans----- 2 2/3. or 8/3.

32) trees of heights 30 and 40 sepatated by a river. fish in the river is at equal dis from top of the trees where two birds r there.ratio of the distances from fish to the root of the tress
ans---4:3.

34)three cones (r=r,l=2r)are arranged upright so that each cone is in contact with other two .and a circle is formed passing through its vertices. what will be its radius. ans 2r/sqrt(3)
Old 17th November 2015, 04:00 PM
Super Moderator

1. What number must be added to 1/x to make it equal to x. Ans. (x2-1)x

2. Some pen bought something at loss for Rs 60.He then sold it the price of 81 and his profit was 20% of the loss.At what price did he buy the object. Ans. calculate. ans-77.50

6.one disk of 20cm radius, out of that 4 disk of 5cm are cut, find difference of left out and cut out area:ans-200pi

7.(X)+(1/x)=3 then (xsquare) + 1/(xsquare) = ??ANS-7

10.a box contain 4 small bos, each small box again contain 3 box, again these box contain 2 box . total how many boxes ANS-1+4+12+24=41

11. between 100 to 200 how many no are divisible by both 3 and 2 and 100,200 are inclusive? ans-68

12. How many two digit no you make by 1,2,3,4,0 Ans=16 because 0 is not in the 10th place.

18. (25...) 32 and (25....)31 in both cases 6 in the last position. What should be in the blanks? Ans 6

19. In a GD there is no restriction in saying something between the participants. A, B, C, D, E be the participant. What's is probability to say B before A. i) 20%, ii) 40%, iii) 50%, iv) none of these. Ans. 50%.

20. You have only 1 kg weight. You have to weight 31kg. Min number of
measurements you have to done. Ans. 5 as 1+2+4+8+16=31.

21. Min (a, b, c)=min of a, b, c Max (a, b, c,)=max of a, b, c then what is the value of MAX {min (2,5,7), max (-7, -2, -3), 3}. ans-3

22. The product of two consecutive odd no is -1, then what is the value of the sum of them. Ans. 0 as -1*1 becomes -1.

23. Few years ago on 31st January on her 26th birthday a lady laid a baby. Now what's the sum of their ages? i) 37, ii) 38, iii) 43, iv) 51. I am confused about the answer. It may be any even no. as (26+x)+x. So I think it are 38.

25. 81*82*83*84*85*86*87*89. What should be in the unit place in this product?
Ans. It must be 0 as 5*2=10

26. In a company ones salary increases 6/5 times in every year. After 4 year of joining average salary is 1342. Then what's the starting salary of the company? A) 900, b) 1000, c) 1100, d) 1200. Ans.= 1000

27. Perimeter of an equilateral and isosceles is 45 and 40 respectively. At least one of the sides of isosceles is equal to the equilateral. What's the base of isosceles triangle? Ans. 10. As. 45/3=15. 15+15+10=40.

28. Two people P Q start a race in a circular track in opposite way different but constant speed. First they meet 900m cw from the starting pt. Then they meet 800m ccw from the starting pt. What's the circumference of the circle. ans-2600m
---------------------------

1.what is the angle between two hands of a clock when time is 8-30
ans:75deg

2.a student is ranked 13th from right and 8th from left.how many are there (similer)-ans-20

9.man walks east & from turns to right & from to left &then 45degrees to right. in which direction he went ans:south east

12.a student got 70% in one subject,80% in other.to get overall 75% how much he should get in third subject.ans-75%

12.a news paper must have a.news b.advertizements 3.editor 4.date
5.paper

13.if clouds are air, air are water and so on where birds fly?ans-water

16.a man showed to a woman sitting in a pack & told to his friend. she is the daughter of my grand mother only son ans:sister

(Calculate in this way... (x+1.5x+2.5x)/3 = 45000 i.e 5x/3 =45000 )

2. Three vehicle speed ratio 1:2:3 & time ratio 3:2:1...Distance ratio ??
(Ans: 3:4:3..

26. What is the value of p in the equation (15X2-pX+120)=0 if the one root of is must be the double of the other. Ans. May be 90 as the roots are 30,60.

1.a school has 4 maths 3 physics and 3 chemistry teachers each teacher can teach 2 subjects max what is he minimum number of teachers required ans-5

5.there is a circle of radius 5.what is the area of the biggest rectangle that can be cut out of this circle ans-50

6.in a chess board 2 squares are cut out leaving 61 squares if we place blocks each of length=lengthof 2 squares and width=width of 1 square how many blocks will be necessary ans-31

7.how many minimum number of weigh are required to weigh 1-40kg using a
weighing pan ans-27,9,3,1

9.radius =3 of a sphere it is melted to form a cube. what is the ratio of the volume of cube to the volume of the sphere ans=1:1

11 there are 4 consonants 3 vowels how many 6 letter strings can u form with atleast one vowels in each ans-5040 (check

12. binary rep of .6875
ans-1011

5. There r 3 boys & 4 girls; Howmany ways they r arranged such that boys should be always together
(Ans: (720)check

12. Two motor cycles A & B are started from one point at 4 Kmph & 6 Kmph; After 45 min B starts returning, at what time they will reach....(Ans: 3.6 km nd .9 hr)

3. a+2b=6,ab=4 2/a + 1/b=?
> ans : 3/2

12.cube is moulded as a sphere. find the ratio of > cube of surface area
> of sphere to cube of surface area of cube. ans pi/6

1. A make a wall in 9 hour. B makes a wall in 10 hour. When doing together 10 more bricks are required and together make a wall in 5 hour. How many bricks r there in the wall? (190)

3. A man got 20 rupees in 1st day. Next day spent 15 rupees. 3rd day got rupees 20. 4th day spent 15.hoew many days r required to save 60 rupees? Ans (17

4. Apple, orange, mango. Mango + apple=12. Mango + orange=10.
Mango +Apple + orange=38. Calculate the no of mango?ans-8

5. 40 persons like apple. 7 like orange and mango dislike apple. 10 like mango and apple and dislike orange. 4 like all. How many people like apple? (26)

6. | x | + x^3 =0 solve x. (-1,0)

12. Round trip time of 110 meters in a river is 16 min. the velocity of stream is 3m/min. what is the velocity of the person in the still water? (

Q3) word "courageously" is given . form the word choosing the first, sixth, seventh and eleventh letter. whether ny word can be formed from this word, then how many.?

Q1)cube is of size 5*5*5 .every side has been coloured. it is divided into 125equal parts.
1) what is the no. of parts having only one side coloured - 54.
2) no. of parts having two sided coloured 36.
3) having no side coloured - 27.

Q3) 72 67 66 61 60 ... ans 55.

Q5) A is 16th position and 29th from down of the people who passed. 5 failed , 6 didn't give . how many boys are there in the class : ans : 55.

4)A's 5th birthday is on 12th which is a (say) Monday of a leap year. What will be the day on their 6th birthday(**wednesday**).

1) A beats B by 20metres ,B beats C by20 metres in a 100 m race. By how much A beats C ans-36

12) If 2+3= 35, 4+5 = 189, what is 10+1=ans-121

1. A word .e. computers " is given.
Qus: using 2nd 4th 6th & last letters of the word given form a meaningful word
Ans: Stop
Qus: How many three letter words starting with a vowel can be formed
with the above word . Ans: ?

3. Pointing at a photo a man said the boy in the photo is son of my fathers Only son . what is the relation of boy to ans: Son

5) A person walks 25 meter North , turns left and walks 10 meter again turns left and walks 20 meter Again turns left and walks 10 meter. how far and in which direction is e rom the starting point. Ans: 5m north

2. What is the ratio of (1/4) to the power 3 and (1/4) to the power4 Ans:4:1

3.If p=n-8 , m=n+10; then in terms of p,m is ? Ans : (p+18)

4.If x+m is an integer and x-m is also an integer Must be an integer.
Ans: (probably) 2x

1.women takes 2 steps for every 3 steps of a man. if they both start from left as first step, how many steps did man take before both of them put their right step together
Ans: 5

2. In a garden man has to pick some flowers ans has to pass thru 3 doors. Each door has a guard. man has to give half of the flowers he had to the guard and in return guard returns the man him one flower back. how many flower should man pick so that at the end he is left with same number of lowers he has picked?
Ans: 2

3. A bag contains 25 paise, 50 paise and 1 rupee coins in the ratio 7:4:3. total no. of coins is 360. sum of total coins is Rs. 99(don't remember exactly). so how many 25 paise coins?

6. A two digit number reversed and multiplied by 4 is 3 more than the original digit. what is the digit?

8. A man goes to shopkeeper and says that if u give me as much as i have, i will spend Rs.10/- on ur shop. shopkeeper agrees and man moves to another shopkeeper ans asked same. at 3rd shop after all the transaction, he was left with no money. find the initial amount with the man. (easy one)(2-3 questions of this type)

1.there r three committee two r members of all. In any two three r common members find total persons. Ans 5

4 c.p=160. mark price =25% above 160 and discount 15% find s.p

5 two horses r sold for 100rs 1 at 20% profit 2 at 20%loss find profit/loss in rs.

6 x+y+z=9& y>0,z>0 and both r int max value of x. ans 7

7. the ratio of a&b =9:4 after 7 year this become 5:3 .find the age of b.ans-8

8. a rectangle l is increased by 10 & b is decreased by 5.again l is decreased by5 and b is increased by 4 area unaltered in both case find l.

9. consecutive discount of 10%, 15% and then 199 is s.p find c.p.ans-~~260

10. what % of x^2 is (2/3)x ans . can not determined

11. first container contain half oil. Second container of double volume contains 1/4 the oil. what is the fraction when both r mixed . ans 1/3.

12. x>y>z then which is true.
a) x% of y> y% of z
b) y%of x >z% of y C) z% of x> y% of z d) all of these. Ans d

15. milk and water is in ratio 5:1 and in other vessel the ratio is 2:1 when they mixed what is the ratio ans-3:1

This is the latest PATNI Paper (campus recruitment)

Basically there is a
1.apti(general+tech)
2.gd
3.pschyometric test
4.interview(tech+personal)

the apti consist of 20 questions time 50 min
1.a school has 4 maths 3 physics and 3 chemistry teachers each teacher can teach 2 subjects max what is he minimum number of teachers required

2.there is a weight question comparing peoples weight
ans. meera (choice d)

3.one simple maths sum
ans. 3/2

4.a man walks at 8km/hr train crosses him at some speed..
ans.44

5.there is a circle of radius 5.what is the area of the biggest rectangle that can be cut out of this circle

6.in a chess board 2 squares are cut out leaving 61 squares if we place blocks each of length=lengthof 2 squares and width=width of 1 square how many blocks will be necessary

7.how many minimum number of weigh are required to weigh 1-40kg using a weighing pan

8.CPU execution order(arrange the given steps in order ie steps involved in the execution of a statement by cpu

9.radius =3 of a sphere it is melted to form a cube.what is the ratio of the cube of the volume of the sphere to the cube of the volume of the cube

10.venn diagram
ans . none of the above

11 there are four consonants 3 vowels how many 6 letter strings can u form with atleast one vowels in each

12. binary rep of .6875

13.scanf(..)..not sure
ans :all the above

14.if(I<j,j>k,k=2)..
ans 2

16 "-this is a line"
Ans 11

17.palindrome..checking

18.while loop
ans 011122

19 if(
i=2
return
else i=5
..return(i)
ans 5
20 array [5][10]
*(*(array+2)+3) represents what?
Ans represents content of [2][3]

PATNI PAPER & GD - APR 2005
« on: June 05, 2006, 09:39:22 AM »

Patni Computer Services (PCS) Placement Paper and Sample Paper

Q. A man leaves office daily at 7pm A driver with car comes from his home to pick him from office and bring back home . One day he gets free at 5:30 and instead of waiting for driver he starts walking towards home. In the way he meets the car and returns home on car He reaches home 20 minutes earlier than usual. In how much time does the man reach home usually??
Ans. 1hr 20min

Q The following truth table is given What is Y equal to??
A B C Y
0 0 0 1
0 0 1 1
0 1 0 0
0 1 1 0
1 0 0 0
1 0 1 0
1 1 0 1
1 1 1 1
Ans. (A')(B')(AB), where ' stands for complement.

Q. A works thrice as much as B. If A takes 60 days less than B to do a work then find the number of days it would take to complete the work if both work together?
Ans. 22 1/2days

Q. How many 1's are there in the binary form of 8*1024 + 3*64 + 3
Ans. 4

Q. In a digital circuit which was to implement (A B) + (A)XOR(B), the designer implements (A B) (A)XOR(B)
What is the probability of error in it ?

Q. A boy has Rs 2. He wins or loses Re 1 at a time If he wins he gets Re 1 and if he loses the game he loses Re 1. He can loose only 5 times. He is out of the game if he earns Rs 5. Find the number of ways in which this is possible?
Ans. 16

Q. If there are 1024*1280 pixels on a screen and each pixel can have around 16 million colors Find the memory required for this?
Ans. 4MB

Q. On a particular day A and B decide that they would either speak the truth or will lie. C asks A whether he is speaking truth or lying? He answers and B listens to what he said. C then asks B what A has said B says "A says that he is a liar" What is B speaking ?
(a) Truth
(b) Lie
(c) Truth when A lies
(d) Cannot be determined
Ans. (b)

Q. What is the angle between the two hands of a clock when time is 8:30
Ans. 75(approx)

Q. A student is ranked 13th from right and 8th from left. How many students are there in totality ?

Q. A man walks east and turns right and then from there to his left and then 45degrees to his right. In which direction did he go
Ans. North west

Q. A student gets 70% in one subject, 80% in the other. To get an overall of 75% how much should get in third subject.

Q. A man shows his friend a woman sitting in a park and says that she the daughter of my grandmother's only son.
What is the relation between the two
Ans. Daughter

Section1:

A) only 1 is sufficient
B) only 2 is sufficient
C) both necessary
D) both are insufficient
E) either is sufficient

1. (Don't know)

2. one composition contains. 5/4 L 6/14 L..
(Ans. both r insufficient)

3. x fabric 6.50 per meter , 25% wholesale..

4 & 5 don't know..

Section 2 (Analitical)

(Calculate in this way. (x+1.5x+2.5x)/3 = 45000 i.e 5x/3 = 45000 ) then calculate required value)

2. Three vehicle speed ratio 1:2:3 & time ratio 3:2:1. Distance ratio ??

3. some km/hr problem (Ans: 150 km/hr)

4 & 5 don't know

Don't know..

1. Square contains all angles , one object does not
contain angles;

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PATNI NEW OVER at jadavpur 99

1.what is the angle between teo hands of a clock when time is 8-30
ans:75(appro

2.a student is ranked 13th from right and 8th from left.how many are there (similer)

3.a,b,c,d,e,f are arranged in a circle b is to right of c and so on(rs aggrewal)

4.chain rule(work&time)

5.puzzle test.some data is given and he asked three qustions below. based on data we have to answer.

8.assertion and reasoning 1.clouds 2.capital city of dweloped corentira ans for both is :a

9.man walks east & from turns to right & from to left &then 45degrees to right.in which direction he went
ans:north west

10.aa-b-bb-aaa-

11.96,85,....(a series with diff

11),3,15,45,....,total 3 questions are given on series

12.a news pwper must have a.news b.advertizements
3.editor 4.date 5.paper

15.3 qustions on rs aggrewal relations i.e first few chapters of aggrewal(english)

16.a man showed to a woman sitting in a pack & told to his friend.she is the daughter of my grand mother only son ans:daughter

Group Discussion topic

1.if you become muncipal corporater what steps you take to develop your area.
2.if you become administrative officer of this university what steps you take to improve standards.
4.abortion is legal or illegal the following two topics are omportant they asked the same topics to many students by changing the numbers
5.in 2050 a nuclear disaster has ocurred and 50 persons are saved.which are of age above 15.of them 20 know 6 subjects and you have to choose only 3 of six subjects so that resticted resorces can used for future subjects are 1.enggineering 2.medical 3.law 4.social sciences 5.life sciences
6.----
6.in space ship 5men are going1.docter,drug asdditive
2.lady lawer has done crime 3.teacher emotinally imbalanced
4.18.18 year old aeruonautical engineer 5. noble
lauraut .suddenly some thing happend and oxygen is avaliable to only three people to use which of three you choose interview here they asked only personal. relating to what you have written in sychometric test and some puzzles

one puzzle is 10 machines are there only one is defective iteams are coming out how do you find out which is defective
second: *
* * how do you reverse this in two transitions
* * * *----------------------------------- two transistors are connected Vbe is 0.7volts .this is simple ckt.one
transistor is diode equivalent. & asked the o/p across the 2 nd transistor.
2.simple k map ans is Bbar.

Emitter
---R-------transistorbase| --
| ---
collector in above capacitor is connected parallel with resistance r.capacitor is not shown in fig.capacitor is used for in this ckt:
ans:a.speedupb.active bypass c.decoupling

-----R------I----------o/p
|___R____ |
in above r is resistence.I is cmos inverter.
then ckt is used for:
a.schmitt trigger b.latch c.inverter d.amplifier

5.simple amplifier ckt openloop gain of amplifier is 4.V in =1v.asked for V x?
amplifdier + is connected to base. - is connected to i/p in between 5k is connected.
from o/p feedback connected to - of amplifier with 15k.this is ckt.

6.resistence inductot cap are serially connected to ac voltage 5 volts. voltage across inductor is given.R I C values are given & asked for voltages across resistence & capacitor.
___ R_____
| |
---R------OPAMP ----------
|---
R1 R1 is for wjhat i mean what is the purpose of R1.
|

ground

8.asked for Vo at the o/p.it is like simple cmos realization that is n block is above & p block is below.Vdd is 3 volts at supply.V threshold 5 volts.
9.2 d ffs are connected in asyncro manner .clock 10 MEGAHZ.gate delay is 1 nanosec.
A B are the two given D FFs.asked for AB output is:
a.updown
b.up c. updown glitching like that (take care abt
glitching word)

----------------| subtractor|---------o/p
|___HPF____|

the ckt is LPF ,HPF or APF ?

11.in a queue at the no of elements removed is proportional to no of elements in the queue. then no of elements in the queue:
a.increases decreases exp or linearly(so these are the 4 options given choose 1 option)
12.with 2 i/p AND gates u have to form a 8 i/p AND gate.which is the fastest in the following implementations.
ans we think ((AB)(CD))((EF)(GH))
13.with howmany 2:1 MUX u can for 8:1 MUX.answer is 7.
14. there are n states then ffs used are log n.
15.cube each side has r units resistance then the resistance across diagonal of cube.
16.op amp connections asked for o/p
the answer is (1+1/n)(v2-v1).check it out. practise this type of model.
_____________ supply
---|__ ___|
Ii >________ |___ Tranistot
> _______Vo
|
|
R |
| | Io
ground.
asked for Io/Ii=? transistor gain is beta.
a.(1+beta)square b.1+beta c. beta

18.y=kxsquare. this is transfer function of a block with i/p x & o/p y.if i/p is sum of a & b then o/p is :--
a. AM b.FM c. PM

------MULTIPLIER--- |
| |
_____R__|__OPAMP______________________Vo
---
|
ground.
v in = -Ez then o/p Vo =?
answer is squareroot of -Ez.multiplier i/ps are a & b then its o/p is a.b