Go Back   2023 2024 MBA > MBA > Main Forum

Old 3rd October 2016, 03:37 PM
Unregistered

Default Previous Question Papers MBA ICFAI University

Will you please give here Previous Question Paper for Central Banking & Commercial Banking subject for MBA students of ICFAI University?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 3rd October 2016, 03:57 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Previous Question Papers MBA ICFAI University

As per your request here I am giving you Previous Question Paper for Central Banking & Commercial Banking subject for MBA students of ICFAI University.

Sample paper :

1. Under which act, the definition of the person —resident in India“ has been aligned with the
Income Tax Act 1961?
(a) FEMA (Foreign Exchange Management Act)
(b) FERA (Foreign Exchange Regulation Act)
(c) BR Act (Banking Regulation Act)
(d) RBI Act (Reserve Bank of India Act)

(e) SCRA (Securities Contract Regulation Act).
2. A bank‘s loan policy and deposit costs are inter-dependent .Which of the following
statement is false with regard to compensating deposit balances offered by the borrowers?
(a) Such deposits are inexpensive
(b) Promotional expenditure on such deposits is nil
(c) The transaction costs incurred are minimum
(d) It provides greater access to credit
(e) The deposits are relatively stable.

Which act defines the regulatory jurisdiction of the RBI over various activities in the
government securities market, money market and derivatives market?
(a) The Reserve Bank of India Act (RBI Act)
(b) Banking Regulation Act (BR Act)
(c) Securities Contract Regulations Act (SCRA)
(d) Foreign Exchange Regulation Act (FERA)
(e) Foreign Exchange Management Act (FEMA).

4. Project financing some times operates through a special purpose vehicle (SPV). From the
options given below identify the characteristic(s) of a SPV business entity.
I. It has no assets of its own beyond those of the project.
II. The assets are jointly owned by project participants.
III. SPV insulates the other participants from the financial obligations and risks assumed
by the project.
(a) Only (I) above
(b) Only (II) above
(c) Both (I) and (II) above
(d) Both (II) and (III) above
(e) All (I), (II) and (III) above.

5. With regard to the most important business implications of NPAs, which of the following
is not a quantifiable implication?
a)It leads to credit risk management
(b) It assumes priority over the other aspects of bank‘s functioning
(c) Disinclination to take decisions
(d) Bank‘s whole machinery is engaged with recovery procedures
(e) Bank‘s are forced to incur carrying costs on non income yielding assets.

6. Lending is the principal business activity and is also the predominant source of revenue
for banks. Which is/are the source(s) of risk(s) involved to a bank‘s safety and
soundness?
I. Lax credit standards.
II. Poor portfolio risk management.
III. Weakness in the economy.
(a) Only (I) above
(b) Only (II) above
(c) Only(III) above
(d) Both (II) and (III) above

7. Which of the following factors is not related to the payment history of credit scoring?
(a) Payment information on many types of accounts
(b) Public record and collection items
(c) Details on late or missed payments
(d) Isolates various characteristics on delinquencies
(e) How many accounts show no late payments.

8. Which type of deposit account(s) generally display low amount of activity in terms of
deposit withdrawals?
I. Time deposits.
II. Certificate of deposits.
III. Savings accounts.
(a) Only (I) above
(b) Only (II) above
(c) Only (III) above
(d) Both (I) and (II) above

Previous Question Paper for Central Banking & Commercial Banking Subject

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message