Go Back   2023 2024 MBA > MBA > Main Forum

Old 5th November 2016, 03:15 PM

Default PTU DEP MBA Question Paper Download

Discuss about ptu dep MBA question paper download here. Welcome to MBA.ind.in and this page is for ptu dep MBA question paper download discussion. If you are looking for ptu dep MBA question paper download then ask your question is as much details as possible in the “Quick Reply” box provided below. The more detailed your question will be, the more easy will it be for our experts to answers your query. And if you have any information on ptu dep MBA question paper download, then please share you knowledge with our viewers in the “Quick Reply” box. You knowledge can help many people. Thanks for stopping by at MBA.ind.in. Please visit again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 22nd March 2018, 03:54 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: ptu dep MBA question paper download

My brother has taken admission in MBA Distance Education Program (DEP) at Punjab Technical University (PTU) recently. He wants syllabus and question papers of 1st Semester Program. So do you have any idea how he can download syllabus and question papers of MBA Distance Education Program (DEP) of Punjab Technical University (PTU)?
Old 22nd March 2018, 03:56 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: ptu dep MBA question paper download

The Punjab Technical University (PTU) offers MBA Program in Regular and Executive Mode.

The MBA Executive Program is equivalent to MBA Distance Education Program.

As you want syllabus and question papers of MBA Distance Education Program (DEP), so here I am providing following study material:

Punjab Technical University (PTU) Executive MBA Syllabus:

SEM I

MBX 101 Practices of Modern Management
MBX 102 Managing the Human Dimension - I
MBX 103 Managing the Financial Dimension - I
MBX 104 Managing the Economic Dimension 2
MBX 105 Customer, Competition & Environment
MBX 106 Seminar on Ethics, Human Values& CSR
MBX 107 Workshop on Communication for Professionals
MBX 108 End Semester Viva

SEM II
MBX 201 Statistics for Business Decisions
MBX 202 Managing the Marketing Dimension
MBX 203 Managing the Operations & Quality Dimension
MBX 204 Managing the Human Dimension II
MBX 205 Seminar on Team Building & Leadership
MBX 206 Workshop on IT for Professionals
MBX 207 Field Project Work - 1
MBX 208 End Semester Viva

SEM III
MBX 301 Legal Aspects of Business & IPR
MBX 302 Managing the Financial Dimension II
MBX XXX Elective
MBX XXX Elective
MBX 305 Seminar on Innovation & Entrepreneurship
MBX 306 Workshop on Research Methodology
MBX 307 Field Project Work

SEM IV
MBX 401 Developing Competitive Advantage
MBX 402 Managing the Information Dimension
MBX XXX Elective
MBX XXX Elective
MBX 405 Final Research Project - 2
MBX 406 Comprehensive Viva

Specializations:
Operations:

1 MBX 901 Supply Chain Management
2 MBX 902 Applied Operations Research
3 MBX 903 Lean Management
4 MBX 904 Evaluating & Managing Projects
5 MBX 905 Total Quality Management
6 MBX 906 Six Sigma & Business Frameworks

Marketing:
1 MBX 911 Consumer Behaviour
2 MBX 912 Marketing of Services
3 MBX 913 Customer Relationship Management
4 MBX 914 E Marketing
5 MBX 915 Product & Brand Management
6 MBX 916 International Marketing

Finance:
1 MBX 921 Management Control Systems
2 MBX 922 Management of Financial Services
3 MBX 923 Financial Engineering
4 MBX 924 Security Analysis & portfolio Management
5 MBX 925 Banking and Insurance Operations
6 MBX 926 International Finance

Human Resource Management:

1 MBX 931 Performance & Compensation Management
2 MBX 932 Training and Organization Development
3 MBX 933 Industrial Relations & Social Security
4 MBX 934 Strategic HRM
5 MBX 935 Managing Change
6 MBX 936 International HRM

Information Technology:
1 MBX 941 Enterprise Resource Planning
2 MBX 942 IT in Customer Relationship Management
3 MBX 943 E Governance
4 MBX 944 E Commerce
5 MBX 945 Digital Marketing
6 MBX 946 Knowledge Management

Here I am providing question paper of Executive MBA 1st Semester Course for your reference:

PTU Executive MBA 1st Semester Question Paper
Practices of Modern Management:
SECTION-A

1. What kind of managerial skills are required in organisations?
2. What do you understand by systems approach to management?
3. Write the major kinds of strategies.
4. How can managers avoid line-staff conflict?
5. Differentiate between wide and narrow span of management.
6. Write the concept of business process re-engineering

SECTION-B
UNIT-I

7. Write the importance business ethics. Explain the ethical dilemmas faced by managers in modern times.
8. Discuss the contributions of Henri Fayol towards the development of management thought.

UNIT-II
9. Explain the process of Management by Objectives. Also explain its benefits and limitations.
10. What is business forecasting? Explain various methods of business forecasting.

UNIT-III
11. Which factors affect delegation of authority? Explain.
12. Explain the techniques to ensure effective coordination

UNIT-IV
13. Compare the main features of Japanese management and Z-culture of American Companies.
14. Define Total Quality Management. What can organisations do to ensure total quality management?

SECTION-C
15. Case Study :
Harry, a very bright and ambitious young executive, was born and raised in Boston and graduated from a mall New England College. He met his future wife, Barbra who was also from Boston in college. They were married the day after they both graduated cum laude. Harry then went on to Harvard, where he received an M.B.A. and Barbra earned a law degree from Harvard. Harry is now in his seventh year with Brand Corporation, which is located in Boston, and Barbra has a position in a Boston law firm.

As part of an expansion program, the board of directions of Brand has decided to build a new branch plant. The present personally selected Harry to be the management of the new plant and informed him that a job well done would guarantee him a vice presidency in the corporation Harry was appointed chairperson, with final decision making privileges, of an ad hoc committee to determine the location of the new plant. At the initial meeting, Harry explained the ideal requirements for the new plant. The members of the committee were experts in transportation, marketing, distribution, labour economics, and public relations. He gave them one month to come up with three choice locations for the new plant.

A month passed and the committee reconvened. After weighing all the variables, the experts recommended the following cities of preference : Kansas City, Los Angeles, and New York Harry could eassy see that the committee members had put a great deal of time and effort into their report and recommendations. A spokesperson for the group emphasized that there was a definite consensus that Kansas City was the best location for the new plant. Harry thanked them for their fine job and told them he would like to study the report in more depth before he made his final decision.

After dinner that evening he asked his wife, How would you like to move to Kansas City? Her answer was quick and sharp. Heavens, no! she said, I have lived in the East all my life, and I am not about to move out into the hinterlands. Ive heard the biggest attraction in Kansas City is the stockyards. That kind of life is not for me Harry weakly protested, But, my committee strongly recommends Kansas City as the best location for my plant. Their second choice was Los Angels and the third was New York. What am I going to do? His wife thought a moment and then replied well, I would consider relocating to or commuting form New York, but if your insist on Kansas City, You II have to go by yourself!

The next day Harry called his committee together and said, You should all be commended for doing an excellent job on this report. However, after detailed study, I am convinced that New York will meet the needs of our plant better than Kansas City or Los Angeles. Therefore, the decision will be to locate the new plant in New York.
Thank you all once again for a job well done
Questions :
1. Identify the problems in this case.
2. Did Harry make a rational decision?