Go Back   2023 2024 MBA > MBA > Online MBA Discussions

Old 23rd November 2015, 11:53 AM
Unregistered

Default SCRA Eligibility Criteria

Hii sir I completed my engineering now I wanted to prepare for the SCRA Examination please give me the details of the examination including the Eligibility
criteria for the Examination ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 23rd November 2015, 02:27 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: SCRA Eligibility Criteria

As you asking for the SCRA Examination details let me tell you that the SCRA Examination is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission Examination to select candidates for the Mechanical Department of Indian Railways. The details of the SCRA Examination is given below:

SCRA Examination details:

Eligibility:

Nationality:
one should be a citizen of India, or. a subject of Nepal, or. a subject of Bhutan, or
a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 01 January , 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India.

For the SCRA Examination ones age is in between 17 to 21 years
Age relaxion for the persons of Reserved Category are:
The Age relaxable on for SC/ST candidates 5 years
Age relax able for OBC candidates 3 years

. Educational Qualifications:
one should have passed in the first or second division in the intermediate or an equivalent examination of a recognized university or board approved by the Government of India with Mathematics and at least one of the subjects Physics and Chemistry as subjects of the examination.

As you wanted to prepare for the SCRA Entrance Examination here I am giving you the syllabus of the Examination .

Syllabus of SCRA Examination:
SCRA is a written exam that comprises of three papers;
Paper I consist of English proficiency, General Knowledge and Psychological Test,
Paper II includes subjects like Physics and Chemistry
Paper III is based on Mathematics.

General Knowledge: - The questions for this subject will be asked on general awareness and current affairs. The standard of answers to questions should be as expected of students of standard 12 or equivalent. Some of the important topics are Man & Environment, Evolution of Life, Plants & Animals, Solar System & the Earth, History, Politics & Society in India, Constitution of India and its feature, Money and Taxation Price.

Psychological test: - The test will judge the basic intelligence and mechanical aptitude of the students.

Physics:- Length measurements using venier , screw gauge and optical lever, Measurements of time and Mass, Newton’s Law of Motion, Moment of a Force, Newton’s LAW OF Gravitation, Principle of Archimedes, Wave Motion , Reflection and Refraction of Light, Electric Charge, Electric Field, Coulomb’s Law, Ohm’s Law, Magnetic effect of Current, Chemical effects of Current, Electromagnetic Induction, Cathode Rays, Discovery of the electron and many more.

Chemistry:- Physical Chemistry- Atomic Structure, Chemical Bonding, Electro-Valent, Covalent, Coordinate Covalent Bonds, Energy Changes in a Chemical Reaction, Chemical Equilibrium and rates of reactions, Solutions, Electro Chemistry, Oxidation, Natural & Artificial Radioactivity.

Inorganic Chemistry:- Hydrogen, Group I elements, Group II elements, Group III elements, Group IV elements, Group V elements, Group VI elements, Group VII elements, Group O and Metallurgical Process.

Organic Chemistry:- Tetrahedral Nature of Carbon, General methods of preparation, properties and reaction of alkanes, alkenes and alkynes, Halogen derivatives, Hydroxy Compounds, Ethers, Aldehydes and ketones, Nitro compounds amines, Carboxylic acid, Ester, Polymers and Nonstructural treatment of Carbohydrates, Fats and Lipids, amino acids and proteins.

Mathematics:- Algebra, Trigonometry, Analytic Geometry (two dimensions), Differential Calculus, Integral Calculus & Different equations, Vectors & its application, Statistics & Probability.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message