Go Back   2023 2024 MBA > MBA > Online MBA Discussions

Old 23rd November 2015, 11:49 AM
Unregistered

Default SMU University MBA Assignments

Hello sir I am MBA student from SMU university and I am preparing assignment but I am unable to getting idea about this so here can you provide me assignment through which I can prepare ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 23rd November 2015, 01:16 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: SMU University MBA Assignments

Hey as you are asking about assignment and as you are MBA students but you had not mentioned about semester as there are various semester available in ,MBA so
Here I am providing you assignment of semester1 and also you had not mentioned about subject .

Here I am providing you assignment of semester 1 of management process and organization behaviour :-

List and describe the different strategies in the Organization.
Listing the strategies:
Strategy in organizations can be divided into three:

Corporate strategy
Business strategy
Functional strategy
Explaining the strategies:

Corporate strategy
:
If you are a company like TATA or BIRLA, you will have several businesses under you and a corporate headquarters which controls these. Each of these businesses may be run by an independent company much like Tata Motors runs the vehicle business and Tata Co
nsultancy Service runs the IT business (they both are different companies). The corporate headquarters will have grand plans on how each business should operate. For example, it might say that that Tata Motors should design, develop, and manufacture an indigenous small car Nano or that TCS should expand business to China. This grand plan created by the corporate headquarters is called ‘Corporate Strategy’.

Business strategy:
Every business, small or big, will have a business strategy. This is the grand plan for doing business. For example, Raju can make a grand plan of expanding his business to another district or having branches. He can take a decision to be the provider of low cost furniture or highly differentiated furniture, household furniture only, modular furniture only, a supplier of all furniture needs, etc. This is what business strategy is. If you were a TATA company, each business of TATA (say Tata Motors, Tata Iron and Steel Company, Tata Hotels, etc) would have their own business strategy in consonance with the corporate strategy.

Functional strategy:
Once you have a business strategy, each independent department will need its own strategy. For example, the HR of Tata Motors will need a strategy quite different from the HR of Tata Consultancy Service (TCS). So, the operations, marketing, finance, HR, etc of each business will make their own grand plan or strategy and this is called functional strategy. In the case of Raju, he might plan to hire more carpenters and pay daily wages or wages per piece. This is the HR strategy (of course it is only one element of HR strategy but illustrates what functional strategy means). In other words, the grand plan made by each functional area is called functional strategy.

For full assignment you can see

Assignment of semester 1

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message