Go Back   2023 2024 MBA > MBA > Main Forum

Old 7th July 2015, 12:28 PM
Unregistered

Default SSC CHSL Previous Papers With Answers

My wife is doing preparation for the Combined Higher Secondary Level (10+2) Examination conducted by Staff Selection Commission. She wants to crack this exam in one attempt. So I am looking for the SSC CHSL previous papers with answers. Please tell me how I can get this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 13th March 2018, 08:21 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: SSC CHSL previous papers with answers

Hello sir, Im preparing for SSC CHSL exam. I want Previous Papers with Answers. Will you please provide me here SSC CHSL Previous Papers with Answers?
Old 13th March 2018, 08:21 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: SSC CHSL previous papers with answers

The Staff selection commission is conducting SSC Combined Higher level secondary exam for the recruitment of various posts in departments and ministries of India.

The SSC released CHSL Notification for the various numbers of posts. The vacancies are for Postal or Sorting Assistant, for Lower Divisional Clerk (LDC) and two posts for DEO (Data Entry Operator).

The exam will be 3 phases Tier-1, Tier-2 and Tier-3. Tier-1 is an objective test. Tier-2 is descriptive test while Tier-3 is skill test. Previous papers of SSC CHSL Tier-1 exam with solutions are provided.

The SSC CHSL online phase-1 exam will have General Intelligence, English language, quantitative aptitude and general awareness section.

The tier-2 exam will test the ability of writing skills needed for Government jobs. The tier-3 exam will be of typing test/skill test.

Here Im giving you some important questions for SSC CHSL with answers:

SSC CHSL (Tier - 1) Online Exam Paper - 2016 "held on 08 February 2017" Morning Shift (English Comprehension)

QID : 76 - In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the idiom/phrase.
to get over it

Options:

1) to accept something that happened in the past and move on

2) to complete a project or task

3) to control one's anger

4) to achieve something seemingly easy, but with a lot of difficulty

Correct Answer: to accept something that happened in the past and move on

QID : 77 - Improve the bracketed part of the sentence. I wish I (knew what was) wrong with my daughter.

Options:

1) had known what is

2) knew what is

3) had knew what was

4) no improvement

Correct Answer: no improvement

QID : 78 - In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the phrase.

Extreme anxiety, sorrow, or pain. Options:

1) pique

2) vexation

3) chagrin

4) distress

Correct Answer: distress

QID : 79 - Rearrange the parts of the sentence in correct order.

Accepting that one form

P-of price discrimination is okay opens

Q-the door to all other forms

R-of discrimination as well

Options:

1) QRP

2) RPQ

3) PRQ

4) PQR

Correct Answer: PQR

QID : 80 - Select the synonym of

dare

Options:

1) cohort

2) taunt

3) patronize

4) chum

Correct Answer: taunt

QID : 81 - Rearrange the parts of the sentence in correct order.
Seven decades ago,
P-Orwell wrote a clutch
Q-for the post-World War II British journal Polemic
R-of essays
Options:
1) RPQ
2) QRP
3) PRQ
4) QPR
Correct Answer: PRQ

QID : 82 - In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the phrase.

a region of injured tissue or skin in which blood capillaries have been ruptured; a bruise. Options:

1) pustule

2) knurl

3) contusion

4) tumour

Correct Answer: contusion

QID : 83 - In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the idiom/phrase.

to get up on the wrong side of the bed

Options:

1) to find oneself in a strange place when one wakes up especially after drinking a lot previous night

2) to start the day in a bad mood which continues all day long

3) to argue with your spouse

4) to roll a lot in bed while sleeping

Correct Answer: to start the day in a bad mood which continues all day long

QID : 84 - Select the antonym of

snag

Options:

1) hurdle

2) boon

3) bug

4) glitch

Correct Answer: boon

QID : 85 - Select the synonym of

to delude

Options:

1) hoodwink

2) conscientious

3) scrupulous

4) bona fide

Correct Answer: hoodwink

QID : 86 - In the following question, a sentence has been given in Active/Passive voice. Out of four alternatives suggested, select the one, which best expresses the same sentence in Passive/Active voice.

The candidates are writing an essay.

Options:

1) An essay was wrote by the candidates.

2) An essay is being written by the candidates.

3) An essay has had been written by the candidates.

4) An essay had been written by the candidates.

Correct Answer: An essay is being written by the candidates.

QID : 87 - In the following question, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one, which best express the same sentence in Indirect/Direct speech.

Bunty said, "I have done my class work".

Options:

1) Bunty said, he had done his class work.

2) Bunty said that he had done his class work.

3) Bunty was saying, he has done his class work.

4) Bunty said that he did his class work.

Correct Answer: Bunty said that he had done his class work.

QID : 88 - Improve the bracketed part of the sentence. If I (just had) the money I would have bought the car.

Options:

1) have had

2) was having

3) had

4) no improvement

Correct Answer: had

QID : 89 - Select the antonym of

diligence

Options:

1) lethargy

2) exertion

3) vigour

4) assiduity

Correct Answer: lethargy

QID : 90 - In the following question, sentence given with blank is to be filled in with an appropriate word. Select the correct alternative out of the four and indicate it by selecting the appropriate option.

The relocation of the car factory to our struggling town is an economic ---------------- .

Options:

1) boon

2) good

3) donation

4) present

Correct Answer: boon

QID : 91 - Select the word with the correct spelling.

Options:

1) thrashere

2) fiefedoms

3) snifing

4) squashed

Correct Answer: squashed

QID : 92 - In the following question, some part of the sentence may have errors. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option. If a sentence is free from error, select 'No Error'.

Her heart was(A)/pounding as he(B)/stopped front of her.(C)/No error(D)

Options:

1) A

2) B

3) C

4) D

Correct Answer: C

QID : 93 - In the following question, some part of the sentence may have errors. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option. If a sentence is free from error, select 'No Error'.

He only plays a subsidiary(A)/ role in the management(B)/of this organization.(C)/No error(D) Options:

1) A

2) B

3) C

4) D

Correct Answer: D

QID : 94 - In the following question, sentence given with blank is to be filled in with an appropriate word. Select the correct alternative out of the four and indicate it by selecting the appropriate option.
My grandmother's exercise regime is to walk the mall at a______________ pace.
Options:
1) potent
2) brisk
3) strong
4) vital
Correct Answer: brisk

QID : 95 - Select the word with the correct spelling.
Options:
1) insolente
2) saphire
3) immersed
4) peperony
Correct Answer: immersed

QID : 96 - In the following passage, some of the words have been left out. Read the passage carefully and select the correct answer for the given blank out of the four alternatives.
__________reader can add to the list and to the possibilities of a new ethical and moral politics ___________ requires a Gandhian inventiveness of ritual and politics. What I wish to add is a ___________ The rituals of apology and the question of justice, reconciliation and ethical repair are not easy. They require a rigour and an inventiveness____________ethical thinking which_________new experiments with the idea of truth and healing in India.
__________ reader can add to the list
Options:
1) One
2) Some
3) Each
4) Anyone
Correct Answer: Each

QID : 97 - In the following passage, some of the words have been left out. Read the passage carefully and select the correct answer for the given blank out of the four alternatives.
__________reader can add to the list and to the possibilities of a new ethical and moral politics_____________ requires a Gandhian inventiveness of ritual and politics. What I wish to add is a _________________ The rituals of apology and the question of justice, reconciliation and ethical repair are not easy. They require a rigour and an inventiveness_____________ ethical thinking which___________ new experiments with the idea of truth and healing in India.
moral politics ____________ requires a Gandhian inventiveness of ritual and politics.
Options:
1) which
2) why
3) where
4) what
Correct Answer: which

QID : 98 - In the following passage, some of the words have been left out. Read the passage carefully and select the correct answer for the given blank out of the four alternatives.
_____________ reader can add to the list and to the possibilities of a new ethical and moral politics______________ requires a Gandhian inventiveness of ritual and politics. What I wish to add is a ___________ The rituals of apology and the question of justice, reconciliation and ethical repair are not easy. They require a rigour and an inventiveness ______________ ethical thinking which_____________new experiments with the idea of truth and healing in India.
What I wish to add is a ______________
Options:
1) fear
2) panic
3) warn
4) caveat
Correct Answer: caveat

QID : 99 - In the following passage, some of the words have been left out. Read the passage carefully and select the correct answer for the given blank out of the four alternatives.
reader can add to the list and to the possibilities of a new ethical and moral politics requires a Gandhian inventiveness of ritual and politics. What I wish to add is a______________ The rituals of apology and the question of justice, reconciliation and ethical repair are not easy. They require a rigour and an inventiveness_____________ethical thinking which______________new experiments with the idea of truth and healing in India.
They require a rigour and an inventiveness___________ethical thinking
Options:
1) with
2) of
3) to
4) against
Correct Answer: of

QID : 100 - In the following passage, some of the words have been left out. Read the passage carefully and select the correct answer for the given blank out of the four alternatives.
______________ reader can add to the list and to the possibilities of a new ethical and moral politics________ requires a Gandhian inventiveness of ritual and politics. What I wish to add is a____________. The rituals of apology and the question of justice, reconciliation and ethical repair are not easy. They require a rigour and an inventiveness__________ethical thinking which________________new experiments with the idea of truth and healing in India.
which______________ new experiments with the idea of truth and healing in India.
Options:
1) necessitate
2) ask
3) take
4) oblige
Correct Answer: necessitate