Go Back   2023 2024 MBA > MBA > Main Forum

Old 7th February 2013, 03:42 PM
Nirmala Kirshna ji

Default TIFR Tata Institute of Fundamental Research

Hello sir I want to take admission in the TIFR Tata Institute of Fundamental Research
So can you please provide me list of courses offered by it and also provide me the detailed information about the TIFR Tata Institute of Fundamental Research ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 7th February 2013, 04:03 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: TIFR Tata Institute of Fundamental Research

Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR) was established in une1945 with support from the Sir Dorabji Tata Trust. Institute basically dedicated to basic research in mathematics and the sciences TIFR conducts research primarily in natural sciences, mathematics, biological sciences and theoretical computer science research centers in India. TIFR Affiliated to Deemed University

Affiliated research institutes of TIFR:

National Centre for Biological Sciences at Bangalore
TIFR Centre, Bangalore for Mathematics
Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education at Deonar, Mumbai
National Centre for Radio Astrophysics at Pune
International Centre for Theoretical Sciences at Bangalore
National Balloon Facility at Hyderabad
TIFR Hyderabad

TIFR Facilities/Services:

Auditorium & Lecture Theatre
Auto Workshop
Central Workshop
Computer Center and Communications Facility
Information System Development Group
Scientific Information Resource Centre
Technical Services
Transport
Low Temperature Facility
Security
Travel
Parks & Garden
Guest House & Hostel
Cosmetic Maintenance
Canteen

List of holidays at TIFR
for the list of holidays i am attaching a PDF file with it so you can get it easily.

TIFR Offered Courses:

Mathematics:
For Ph.D. (Mumbai): M.Sc./ B.E./ B.Tech./ M.Tech./ M.A./ B.A./ B.Sc.
For Ph.D. (Bengaluru): M.A./M.Sc.
For I-Ph.D. (Bengaluru): B.A./B.Sc./B.E./B.Tech. degree holders.

Physics:
For Ph.D.: M.Sc.(Physics)/B.Tech. (Engineering Physics)
For I-Ph.D.: B.Sc./B.E./M.E./M.Tech./B.Tech./B.Chem

Chemistry:
For Ph.D.: M.Sc./B.E./B.Tech./M.Tech./B.Pharm./ M.Pharm.
For Ph.D. Program in TCIS: M.Sc. in Physics, Chemistry or Biology..

Biology:
For Ph.D.: Masters in Basic Science or Bachelors in Applied Science
For Integrated Ph.D./M.Sc.: Bachelors in any Basic Science.
For Ph.D. Program in TCIS: M.Sc. in Physics, Chemistry or Biology.

Computer & Systems Sciences:
For Ph.D. : B.E./B.Tech./M.E./M.Tech./MCA/ M.Sc. degree

Natural Sciences Faculty
Astronomy & Astrophysics
Biological Sciences
Chemical Sciences
Condensed Matter Physics & Material Sciences
High Energy Physics
Theoretical Physics
Nuclear & Atomic Physics

Application procedure:
Admission will start you can apply online for application you have to visit on official website of TIFR on main you get a tab of application click on this tab then click on apply online and go further with website instruction.

TIFR- Syllabus & Sample Papers:
here i am providing you sylllabus and sample paper for the following courses:

Mathematics Syllabus & Sample Papers
Physics Syllabus & Sample Papers
Chemistry Syllabus & Sample Papers
Computer & Systems Sciences Syllabus & Sample Papers

TIFR Recruitments:
Tata Institute of Fundamental Research usually invites application for following positions:

Scientific Officer (C):

Eligibility - B.E./B.Tech. in Electronics/Electronics & Communications/Telecommunication with minimum 60% marks.
Experience - Minimum 1 year experience with TCAD tools in simulating optoelectronic devices and process.
Age should be Below 28 years.
Pay scale- Rs.15600-39100 + Grade Pay: Rs.5400/-

Project Scientific Officer (C):

Eligibility - M.V.Sc. with minimum 60% marks or B.VSc. with minimum 60% marks.
Experience - One year experience in animal breeding, maintenance, healthcare, genotyping, colony management and care, surgical experiments, transgenic technology will be highly desirable
Age should be Below 28 years.
Pay scale- Rs.9300-34800 + Grade Pay: Rs.4200/-

Scientific Assistant (B)

Eligibility - B.Sc. with minimum 60% marks and Graduate in Library Science with minimum 60% marks. Also should have Knowledge of use of personal computers and its applications.
Experience - 2 years in a well established Scientific/Technical Library.
Age should be Below 33 years.
Pay scale- Rs.9300-34800 + Grade Pay: Rs.4200/-

for more details i am attaching a word file with it ...

Contact Details
Tata Institute of Fundamental Research
Address-Homi Bhabha Road, Mumbai 400 005, India
Phone: +91-22 2278 2000
Fax: +91-22 2280 4610, 2280 4611

Here I am uploading an image of official site of TIFR

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message