Go Back   2023 2024 MBA > MBA > Main Forum

Old 24th July 2012, 09:28 AM
chaudharysatya

Default UP Board High School Model Paper

Sir here I am student of 12th class at Uttar Pradesh Board High School and I need its model question paper of maths in hindi for well preparation so somebody suggest me where I can download its model question paper and how o download?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 8th March 2018, 02:35 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: UP Board High School Model Paper

I want the model question paper of English of 12th Class of UP Board High School so will you provide me?
Old 8th March 2018, 02:36 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: UP Board High School Model Paper

I am providing you the model question paper of English of 12th Class of UP Board High School

UP Board High School12th Class English question paper

Time : 3 Hours 15 min.

Max. Marks : 50

1. Explain with reference to the context one of the following passages : 4

a) My mother at the time was rather weak broken in health. I hardly expected to see her again, and thus our parting was all the more sad. She, however, was very brave through it all.

b) There is a great affinity between trees and men. They grow at much the same pace, if they are not hurt, or starved or cut down. In their youth, they are resplendent creatures, and in their declining years, they stoop a little. They remember, they stretch their brittle limbs in the sun, and, with a sigh, shed their last leaves.

c) Therefore it is essential that the education which you acquire in these institutions should give you not merely learning and skill but endow you with a definite purpose in life. What that purpose is, you have to define for yourselves.

2. Select one of the following passages and answer the questions that follow :

a) I suppose every family has a black sheep. Tom had been a sore trial to him for twenty years. He had begun life decently enough : he went into business, married and had two children. The Ramsays were perfectly respectable people and there was every reason to suppose that Tom Ramsay would have a useful and honourable career. But one day, without warning, he announced that he didnt like work and that he wasnt suited for marriage. He wanted to enjoy himself.

He would listen to no expostulations. He left his wife and his office. He had a little money and he spent two happy years in the various capitals of Europe. Rumours of his doings reached his relations from time to time and they were profoundly shocked. He certainly had a very good time. They shook their heads and asked what would happened when his money was spent.

i) Who is the black sheep in this paragraph ? 1

ii) Describe the early life to Tom. 1

iii) What went wrong with Tom one day ? 1

iv) Why were Toms relations profoundly shocked ?1

b) There are a lot of things which are necessary before a person gets the chance. For instance, he must have security, nobody can think about things if he is afraid of being robbed or murdered at any moment. Also, he must have leisure to think in, and he wont have that if he has to give all his attention to getting food to eat and clothes to wear, if, that is to sau, he spends all his time earning his living.

And he must have other people to talk to. So that you may say that security, leisure and society, which are all necessary to free thinking, are necessary also to civilization.

i) Why is it necessary to have security ? 1

ii) Why is free thinking so important ? 1

iii) What is the importance of leisure ? 1

iv) What happens if a person spends all his time earning his daily bread ? 1

3. Answer two of the following questions in not more than 30 words each : 2 + 2 = 4

a) Who were these children, selling baskets ?

b) What lesson does one learn from the fable of The Ant and The Grasshopper ?

c) What should we do to secure good health ?

4. Answer one of the following questions in not more than 150 words : 6

a) What according to Vivekananda was the highest form of service of the Great Mother ?

b) What are the main functions of the heart ?

5. Fill in the blanks in the following sentences, selecting

the most suitable words from those given within

the brackets : 4= 2

a) I was one of the souls on earth.

( best, worst, happiest, heartiest )

b) Ordinarily, good memory is so common that we regard a man who does not possess it as .

( inefficient, eccentric, whimsical, peculiar )

c) The double-minded man is in all his ways.

( envious, confused, embarrassed, unstable )

d) You must give your bad habits.

( in, up, out, away )

6. Answer one of the following questions in not more than 150 words : 5

a) What do you think of Portias decision to conduct Antonios defence in the guise of a lawyer ?

b) Give your opinion of the characters of the Prince of Morocco and the Prince of Arragon.

7. Answer one of the following questions in not more than 30 words : 2

a) What reasons does Shylock give for hating Antonio ?

b) How did Bassanio explain the loss of the ring ?

8. Answer one of the following questions in not more than 150 words : 5

a) What is the special charm of the story A Special Experience ?

b) How did the selfish giant treat the children in the story The Selfish Giant ?

9. Answer one of the following questions in not more than 30 words : 2

a) Why did Gafur kill the bull ?

b) What was the first demand of the child while going to the fair ?

10) Explain with reference to the context two of the following extracts : 3 + 3 = 6

a) This man is free form servile bands,

Of hope to rise, or fear to fall;

Lord of himself, though not of lands,

And having nothing, he hath all.

b) The boast of heraldry, the pomp of power,

And all that beauty, all that wealth eev gave;

Awaits alike th inevitable hour,

The paths of glory lead but to the grave.

c) The woods are lovely, dark and deep,

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep,

And miles to go before I sleep.

11. Give the central idea of one of the following poems : 4

a) Mercy

b) On His Blindness

c) La Balle Dame Sans Merci.

12. Answer one of the following questions in not more than 150 words : 4

a) Why did Siddhartha unhappy even among the pleasure and luxuries of the world ?

b) Who was Channa ? Discuss his role and importance in the poem ?

13. a) Point out the figures of speech in two of the

following : = 1

i) Look like the innocent flower.

ii) Opportunity knocks at the door at once.

iii) Belinda smiled and all the world was gay.

b) Define Metaphor and give an example of it.