Go Back   2023 2024 MBA > MBA > Main Forum

Old 28th October 2012, 11:42 AM
dr.sudha borikar.l

Default UPSC for Mechanical Engineers

Hello sir tell me about syllabus of UPSC for Mechanical Engineers as well provide me its question paper also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 29th October 2012, 03:51 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: UPSC for Mechanical Engineers

Union Public Service Commission Mechanical Engineers syllabus is listed here:

1. Thermodynamics :

Basic concept. Open and closed systems, Applications of Thermodynamic Laws, Gas equations, Clapeyron equation, Availability, Irreversibility and Tds relations.

2. I.C. Engines, Fuels and Combustion :

Spark lgnition and compression ignition engines, Four stroke engine and Two stroke engines, mechanical, thermal and volumetric efficiency, Heat balance.

Combustion process in S.I. and C.I. engines, preignition detonation in S.I. engine Diesel knock in C.I. engine. Choice of engine fuels, Octance and Cetane retings. Alternate fuels Carburration and Fuel injection, Engine emissions and control. Solid, liquid and gaseous fuels, stoichometric air requirements and excess air factor, fuel gas analysis, higher and lower calorific values and their measurements.

3. Heat Transfer, Refrigeration And Air Conditioning :

One and two dimensional heat conduction. Heat transfer from extended surfaces, heat transfer by forced and free convection. Heat exchangers. Fundamentals for diffusive and connective mass transfer, Radiation laws, heat exchange between black and non balck surfaces, Network Analysis. Heat pump refrigeration cycles and systems, Condensers, evaporators and expansion devices and controls. Properties and choice of refrigerant, Refrigeration Systems and components, psychometrics, comfort indices, cooling loading calculations, solar refrigeration.

4. Turbo-Machines and Power Plants:

Continuity, momentum and Energy Equations. Adiabatic and Isentropic flow, fanno lines, Raylegh lines. Theory and design of axial flow turbines and compressors, Flow through turbo-machine balde, cascades, centrifugal compressor. Dimensional analysis and modelling. Selection of site for steam, hydro, nuclear and stand-by power plants, selection base and peak load power plants Modern High pressure, High duty boilers, Draft and dust removal equipment, Fuel and cooling water systems, heat balance, station and palnt heat rates, operation and maintenance of various power plants, preventive maintenance, economics of power generation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message