Go Back   2023 2024 MBA > MBA > Main Forum

Old 16th November 2015, 01:27 PM
Unregistered

Default B. Sc. Hons.

I want to get admission in B.Sc. (H) Microbiology in University of Delhi and for that I want to get the syllabus so can you provide me that as it is very urgent for me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 16th November 2015, 01:32 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: B. Sc. Hons.

As you want to get the syllabus of B.Sc. (H) Microbiology in University of Delhi so here is the information of the same for you:

Semester 1:
Introduction to Microbial World
Bacteriology
Chemistry I
Technical Writing and Communication in English/ Computational Skills

Semester 2:
Technical Writing and Communication in English/ Computational Skills
Phycology and Mycology
Chemistry II
Mathematics and Statistics

Semester 3:
Virology
Microbial Physiology and Metabolism I
Cell Biology I
Molecular Biology I

Semester 4:
Microbial Physiology and Metabolism II
Microbial Ecology
Cell Biology II
Molecular Biology II

Semester 5:
Plant Pathology
Immunology
Industrial Microbiology
Genetics & Genomics I

Semester 6:
Medical Microbiology
Food and Dairy Microbiology
Recombinant DNA Technology and Biotechnology
Genetics & Genomics II

INTRODUCTION TO MICROBIAL WORLD:
Unit 1 History of development of Microbiology:
Development of microbiology as a discipline, Spontaneous generation vs. biogenesis, development of various microbiological techniques, concept of fermentation, establishment of fields of medical microbiology, immunology and environmental microbiology with special reference to the work of following scientists : Anton von Leeuwenhoek, Joseph Lister, Paul Ehrlich, Edward Jenner, Louis Pasteur, Robert Koch, Martinus W. Beijerinck, Sergei N. Winogradsky, Alexander Fleming, Selman A. Waksman, Elie Metchnikoff, Norman Pace, Carl Woese and Ananda M. Chakraborty

Unit 2 Diversity of Microbial world
A. Systems of classification:
Binomial Nomenclature, Whittaker’s five kingdom and Carl Woese’s three kingdom classification systems and their utility. Difference between prokaryotic and eukaryotic microorganisms

B. General characteristics of different groups:
A cellular microorganisms (Viruses, Viroids, Prions) and Cellular microorganisms (Bacteria, Algae, Fungi and Protozoa) with emphasis on distribution and occurrence, morphology, mode of reproduction and economic importance.

• Viruses, viroids and prions:
A general introduction with special reference to the structure of the following: TMV, poliovirus, T4 and λ phage, lytic and lysogenic cycles, one step multiplication curve

• Bacteria:
A very precise account of typical eubacteria, chlamydiae & rickettsiae (obligate intracellular parasites), mycoplasma, and archaebacteria (extremophiles).

• Algae:
History of phycology with emphasis on contributions of Indian scientists; General characteristics of algae including occurrence, thallus organization, algae cell ultra structure, pigments, flagella, eyespot food reserves and vegetative, asexual and sexual reproduction. Different types of life cycles in algae: Haplobiontic, Haplontic, Diplontic, Diplobiontic and Diplohaplontic life cycles. Detailed life cycle of Chlamydomonas and Spirogyra.

• Fungi:
Historical developments in the field of Mycology including significant contributions of eminent mycologists. General characteristics of fungi including habitat, distribution, nutritional requirements, fungal cell ultra- structure, thallus organization and aggregation, fungal wall structure and synthesis, asexual reproduction, sexual reproduction, heterokaryosis, heterothallism and parasexual mechanism. Detailed life cycle of Aspergillus and Rhizopus.

• Protozoa:
General characteristics with special reference to Amoeba, Paramecium and Giardia

For more detailed information I am uploading a PDF file which is free to download:

Syllabus of B.Sc. (H) Microbiology in University of Delhi

Contact Details:

University of Delhi
New Delhi,
Delhi 110021
India

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message