Go Back   2023 2024 MBA > MBA > Main Forum

Old 6th October 2016, 05:39 PM
Unregistered

Default Biotechnology in AIIMS

Can you tell me about the eligibility requirement for admission and syllabus for M. Biotech Program offered by A.I.I.M.S (All India Institute of Medical Sciences), Delhi?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 6th October 2016, 06:33 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Biotechnology in AIIMS

An act of Parliament in 1956 established an All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) as an autonomous Institution of national importance and defined its objectives and functions. By virtue of this Act, the Institute awards its own medical degrees and other academic distinctions.

The eligibility requirement for M. Biotech Program offered by A.I.I.M.S (All India Institute of Medical Sciences), Delhi is as follows:

B.Sc. (Minimum 3 years duration in any subjects) B.V. Sc./B. Pharma with 60% marks (55% for SC/ST) OR MBBS/BDS with minimum 55% marks (50% for SC/ST)

BIOPHYSICS — M Sc

PAPER – I

MOLECULAR BIOLOGY, RADIATION BIOPHYSICS, ELECTRONICS AND
DYNAMICS OF NONLINEAR PROCESSES

CELL AND MOLECULAR BIOLOGY

Central Dogma, Genetic code, gene and operon, Structure of DNA and RNA, extrachromal elements, plasmids, selectable markers, gel electrophoresis, polymerase chain reaction (PCR), cloning PCR products, expression vectors, DNA sequence analysis, cDNA libraries, genomic libraries, applications of molecular biology methods, using internet resources in molecular biology

RADIATION BIOPHYSICS
Interaction of radiation with matter, ionizing radiation,nonionizing radiation, free radicals, ion pairs, radiation units and dosimetry, dose effect graphs and target theory, direct and indirect radiation action, radiation on proteins, nucleic acids, carbohydrates, cell and whole organism, genetic effects of radiation, repair of radiation induced damage, radiation in diagnosis and therapeutics, protection from radiation.

ELECTRONICS
Passive circuit components, series and parallel circuits, circuit theory, power supplies, amplifiers, emitter followers, oscillators and basic digital circuits.

DYNAMICS OF NONLINEAR PROCESSES
Physico-mathematical foundations of the dynamics of nonlinear processes, phase plane method, different modes of excitations, nearly sinusoidal oscillations, building up of oscillations, effect of third harmonic distortion, Liapounov criteria of stability, limit cycles.

PAPER II

MOLECULAR BIOPHYSICS (X-RAY CRYSTALLOGRAPHY,
SPECTROSCOPY, PROTEINS, VIRUSES, NUCLEIC ACIDS AND
MEMBRANES)

X-RAY CRYSTALLOGRAPHY

X-ray Diffraction
Structure factor expression, electron density equation, phase problems, Patterson function, molecular replacement method, heavy atom method, isomorphous replacement method, refinement procedure and interpretation of results.
Data Collection Methods of data collection of crystal containing small molecule and large molecule, factors affecting the measurement of integrated intensities, photographic methods, diffractometers, area detectors and image plates.
Attached Files
File Type: zip M. Biotech Program Syllabus by A.I.I.M.zip (143.7 KB, 14 views)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message