Go Back   2023 2024 MBA > MBA > Main Forum

Old 9th November 2016, 01:25 PM
Unregistered

Default Describe A Museum IELTS

Hii Sir, I wants to get some Sample Questions for IELTS Cue Card Museums Will you Please Provide It ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 9th November 2016, 04:14 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Describe A Museum IELTS

As you Asking for the some Sample Questions for IELTS Cue Card Museums the Sample Questions Are As Follow

Q. How often do you visit museums?
A. Although I would love to go to museums more often, I have only visited three of them until now and that would make it three times that I have been to museums!

All of them were of archaeological type but I still remember the last one- in Greece. It was the Acropolis Museum and I went there at the age of 16, during a school programme for the restitution of the Parthenon Marbles which are located in the British Museum. It is a magnificent building and it reflects the greek civilisation with the inclusion of statues, monuments and even documentaries with the purpose of informing visitors not only from overseas but also from Greece about its exhibits. I strongly believe that it was the best educational experience of my life and I would induce people to pay it a visit when possible.

Q. What type of museum is popular in your country?
A. I come from Greece so I'm going to talk about the type of museums famous there. It is widely known that Greece has a really important culture and history, so there are numerous museums throughout the country. Archaeological and folklore museums are the most common kinds and those are visited by the majority of people. Apart from these, biographical, ethnographic and historic museums are also really rife in our country. Furthermore, there are art museums and galleries and some other that are about industry, science and technology. To conclude, there are plenty of categories that satisfy everyone's preference and desire but Archaeological and folklore museums are most popular in our country.

Q. What do you think of the importance of museums in history?
A. My personal belief is that museums are of paramount importance and constitute an integral part of a country's history. As it is known, these constructions provide information about culture and heritage; in other words, museums keep history alive. To be more precise, museums include artifacts and different objects from the past and by placing them there, people are reassured that the items they see provide clear and accurate information about the history, rather than reading books and magazines in which most of the details are subjective and theoretical. In addition, if I'm allowed to speak in economic terms, I would say that museums are history's brands and trademarks.

Q. How do you think of the heritage of a country?
A. It seems to me that a heritage of a nation isn't determined by only one thing. To begin, monuments, sculptures and temples are essential and they are representative examples as far as heritage is concerned. For example, the Parthenon in Greece, Statue of Liberty in the USA, Hatshepsut's Mortuary Temple and Pyramids in Egypt, Tower of London in the UK are only some the most significant structures that reflect each country's legacy. History composes an important part as well, by informing people about the achievements and failures of a territory and the reason why something is known and studied by many. Lastly, museums which we were talking about earlier couldn't be missing from this list, not only for all the important aspects they have but also because they are connected with the beauty and grandeur of a country.

Q. Compare the museums nowadays and in the past.
A. Anyone who pays a visit to museums could say that nowadays museums are more beautiful, modern, have a rich collection, and convenient to visit than in the past. To elucidate, in the past, only a few people had access to them but these days they are open spaces for public knowledge. Furthermore, much attention is given to the maintenance of the museums now than the past and most of the museums are renovated not only for their preservation but also to attract more public interest. In addition, technological advances have played a fundamental role; with videos and audios helping visitors understand what they see and that makes their experience more pleasant, informative and interactive than the past when these technological usages were absent.

Q. Have you ever been to a foreign museum?
A. The truth is I have never been to a museum outside my country, but I would really like to go someday. The first museum that comes to my mind is the British Museum in the UK and despite the fact that I have been living in England for the last three years, I never managed to visit this renowned institution. Some other museums that I definitely want to visit are the Metropolitan Museum of Art and National Portrait Gallery in the USA and the National Museum of Ireland.
Tips for answering this Cue Card Topic:

While describing a museum you should pick the national stadium of your country. If you have already visited the museum, you should be comfortable describing it. Since this is the museum that the examiner might also know about, you should give the factual information of it. Start by saying when you visited it, with whom you went there, the number of times you went there, the exterior or interior of the museum, number of floors of the museum, things you did there, the things present there and so on. If you can't remember an exact museum try to visualise one and describe the museum as if you have visited it. If you ever been to a foreign country and visited a museum of that city, you can also mention that museum. If the cue card topic asks you to describe a museum in your country, you would then have to describe a museum located in your country.

Some of the common features of a museum:
1. A museum is a place where a collection of artefacts and other things are preserved for public exhibition.
2. Almost all of the countries have museums in their major cities.
3. The things preserved there are generally of scientific, cultural, historic and artistic interests.
4. Things are arranged and categorised on different floors for the convenience of the visitors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message