Go Back   2023 2024 MBA > MBA > Main Forum

Old 7th July 2015, 09:52 AM
Unregistered

Default ECE CSU Courses

I am pursuing B.Tech (Electrical and Computer Engineering) (ECE) from California State University (CSU), Los Angeles. Now my B.Tech (1st semester) Exam is about to come so I have requirement of its Course Structure. Would you please provide me syllabus of B.Tech (ECE) (1st semester) of CSU so I will prepare according to it for my Exam?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 9th April 2018, 10:05 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: ECE CSU Courses

I want to know the Electrical and Computer Engineering ECE Courses offered by the Colorado State University CSU so can you tell me?
Old 9th April 2018, 10:07 AM
Super Moderator

The Electrical and Computer Engineering ECE degree at Colorado State University are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET.

ECE undergraduate classes (100, 200, 300 level courses) must be completed with a C grade or better to qualify for graduation.

Any undergraduate course that serves as a prerequisite for an ECE course must be completed with a C grade or better.

Students will NOT be allowed to register for any ECE course without a C grade or better in the listed prerequisite courses.

ECE Courses

ECE102 - Digital Circuit Logic (Fall)
Boolean algebra; Karnaugh maps; multiplexers, decoders, ROM's, PLA's, flip-flops, counters; sequential networks; state tables. I/O Diagram

ECE103 - DC Circuit Analysis (Fall/Spring)
Basic DC Circuit Analysis. Use of scientific-oriented software to solve problems and analyze small projects. Prerequisite/s: MATH160 with a minimum grade of C. I/O Diagram

ECE202 - Circuit Theory Applications (Spring/Summer)
Step and sinusoidal response of networks; modeling of active devices. Prerequisite/s: ECE103 with a minimum grade of C; MATH161 with a minimum grade of C. I/O Diagram

ECE204 - Introduction to Electrical Engineering (Fall/Spring/Summer)
Basic analog and digital circuits and systems; introduction to electromechanical devices. Prerequisite/s: MATH161; PH142. I/O Diagram

ECE251 - Introduction to Microprocessors (Fall)
Microprocessor organization, assembly language, I/O techniques, real-time interfaces, applications, hardware/software. Prerequisite/s: ECE102 with a minimum grade of C. I/O Diagram

ECE303/STAT303 - Introduction to Communications Principles (Spring)
Basic concepts in design and analysis of communication systems. Prerequisite/s: MATH261 with a minimum grade of C; MATH340, may be taken concurrently. Credit not allowed for both ECE303 and STAT303. Also offered online. I/O Diagram

ECE311 - Linear Systems Analysis I (Fall)
Continuous and discrete time signals and systems representations in time and frequency domain; time convolution. Prerequisite/s: ECE202 with a minimum grade of C; MATH340 or MATH345 with a minimum grade of C. I/O Diagram

ECE312 - Linear Systems Analysis II (Spring)
Laplace and Z transforms, applications to modulation, filtering and sampling, state space representation. Prerequisite/s: ECE311 with a minimum grade of C. I/O Diagram

ECE331 - Electronics Principles I (Fall)
Discrete component semiconductor devices, characteristics and applications. Rectifier circuits, single-stage and multi-stage amplifiers. Prerequisite/s: ECE202 with a minimum grade of C; MATH340 or MATH345 with a minimum grade of C; PH142 with a minimum grade of C. I/O Diagram

ECE332 - Electronics Principles II (Spring)
Discrete and integrated-circuit amplifiers-frequency response, negative feedback; digital logic circuits.. Prerequisite/s: ECE331 with a minimum grade of C. I/O Diagram

ECE341 - Electromagnetic Fields I (Fall)
Basic concepts of electrostatic and magnetostatic fields. Prerequisite/s: ECE202 with a minimum grade of C; MATH340 or MATH345 with a minimum grade of C; PH142 with a minimum grade of C. I/O Diagram

ECE342 - Electromagnetic Fields II (Spring)
Basic concepts of time varying electromagnetic fields and transmission lines. Prerequisite/s: ECE341 with a minimum grade of C. I/O Diagram

ECE395A - Independent Study (Spring, Fall, Summer)
Development and implementation of a project in an Electrical and Computer Engineering field of special interest under the supervision of a faculty member.

ECE395B - Open Option (Spring, Fall)
Students will work on an array of different electrical and computer engineering projects independently or under the guidance of industry mentors. Projects will be initiated by students or outside sources and will consist of small-scale service/outreach projects or market-driven projects that simulate a business environment.

ECE395C - Vertically Integrated Project (Spring, Fall)
Explore and develop comprehensive applications of electrical and computer engineering technologies as a member of a team, especially as they relate to active research areas of CSU faculty members.

ECE401 - Senior Design I (Fall, Spring)
Advanced project, seminar series, formal report, and oral presentation. Prerequisite/s: CS320 or ECE332 with a minimum grade of C; ECE312 with a minimum grade of C; ECE342 or ECE452 with a minimum grade of C. I/O Diagram

ECE402 - Senior Design II (Fall, Spring)
Advanced project, formal report, and oral presentation. Prerequisite/s: ECE401. I/O Diagram

ECE404 - Experiments - Optical Electronics (Fall)
Experiments in optical electronics and lasers. Concurrent registration in ECE441.

ECE411 - Control Systems (Fall)
Control system analysis and design for linear systems: stability and performance; time and frequency domain techniques. Prerequisite/s: ECE312 with a minimum grade of C. I/O Diagram

ECE412 - Digital Control and Digital Filters (Spring)
FIR and IIR digital filter design, analog and digital invariance and direct digital control algorithms, hybrid systems analysis. Prerequisite/s: ECE411. Also offered online. I/O Diagram

ECE421 - Telecommunications I (Fall)
Digital communication (source coding; modulation and detection; channel coding), analog communication (modulation). Prerequisite/s: ECE303/STAT303 with a minimum grade of C; ECE312 with a minimum grade of C. I/O Diagram

ECE423 - DSP for Communications (Spring)
Design and programming of communication and signal processing algorithms into DSP hardware using C and assembly language. Prerequisite/s: ECE312. I/O Diagram

ECE430/MATH430 - Fourier and Wavelet Analysis with Applications (Spring)
Comprehensive introduction to Fourier and wavelets analysis and their applications in the information sciences. Prerequisite/s: MATH340 or MATH345. Credit not allowed for both ECE430 and MATH430. I/O Diagram

ECE431/BIOM431 - Biomedical Signal and Image Processing (Spring)
Origins, features and mathematical processing of biomedical signals and images including interference and noise filtering and feature enhancement. Prerequisite/s: ECE303/STAT303; ECE311; PH142. Credit not allowed for both ECE431 and BIOM431.

ECE441 - Optical Electronics (Fall)
Concepts of modern physics, optical properties of atoms, light sources, lasers, optical detectors, optical cavities, and optical fiber transmission. Prerequisite/s: ECE342 with a minimum grade of C.

ECE442 - Numerical Algorithms for VLSI Modeling (Fall)
Foundational knowledge of numerical algorithms for modeling and simulation of high speed VLSI networks. Prerequisite/s: ECE312 with a minimum grade of C-; ECE332 with a minimum grade of C-; ECE342 with a minimum grade of C-.

ECE444 - Antennas and Radiation (Fall)
Retarded potential theory, antenna arrays, long wire antennas, dipoles, aperture antennas, receiving antennas. Prerequisite/s: ECE342 with a minimum grade of C. I/O Diagram

ECE450 - Digital System Design Laboratory (Fall)
Small digital circuits are designed and simulated using very high speed hardware description language and synthesis tools. Co-req ECE451. I/O Diagram

ECE451 - Digital System Design (Fall)
State machines with PLA's as controllers and small computers; timing and race elimination considerations; state and microprogramming implementation. Prerequisite/s: ECE102 with a minimum grade of C; ECE202 with a minimum grade of C; concurrent registration in ECE450. I/O Diagram

ECE452 - Computer Organization and Architecture (Spring)
CPU design; microarchitecture; data path and control path; pipelining; memory system; I/O system; program optimization by system software/hardware. Prerequisite/s: ECE251 with a minimum grade of C. Also offered online. I/O Diagram

ECE455 - Introduction to Robot Programming/Simulation (Fall)
Fundamentals of simulating and programming of work cells that include robots and other articulated objects. Prerequisite/s: (CS155 with a minimum grade of C and CS156 with a minimum grade of C and CS157 with a minimum grade of C) or CS160 with a minimum grade of C or CS163 with a minimum grade of C or CS164 with a minimum grade of C.

ECE456 - Computer Networks (Spring)
Circuit/packet switching, protocols, LAN/MAN, TCP/IP, error correction, ATM, wireless LANS, mobile networks. Prerequisite/s: CS160 with a minimum grade of C or CS163 with a minimum grade of C or CS164 with a minimum grade of C or (CS155 with a minimum grade of C; CS156 with a minimum grade of C; CS157 with a minimum grade of C); ECE251 with a minimum grade of C; ECE303 with a minimum grade of C or STAT303 with a minimum grade of C. Also offered online. I/O Diagram

ECE457 - Fourier Optics (Spring)
Introduction to optical systems for signal and information processing with emphasis on Fourier optics. Prerequisite/s: ECE311 with a minimum grade of C; ECE342 with a minimum grade of C. I/O Diagram

ECE461 - Power Systems I (Fall)
Multi-phase power systems; power generation, transformer design, power distribution, power costs. Prerequisite/s: ECE332 with a minimum grade of C; ECE462 with a minimum grade of C, may be taken concurrently. I/O Diagram

ECE462 - Power Systems Laboratory (Fall)
Set of labs designed to enhance students' understanding of Power Systems. Prerequisite/s:: ECE332 with a minimum grade of C; ECE461 with a minimum grade of C, may be taken concurrently. I/O Diagram

ECE465 - Electrical Energy Generation Technologies (Spring)
Various electrical energy generation alternatives. Comparisons based on cost, reliability, availability, and environmental impact. Prerequisite/s: ECE202 with a minimum grade of C. I/O Diagram

ECE466 - Integrated Lighting Systems (Spring)
Technical underpinning of light sources, their associated heat sink fixtures and power electronics drives. Prerequisite/s: ECE331 or INTD330. I/O Diagram

ECE471A - Semiconductor Physics (Spring)
Fundamentals of semiconductor electron, hole states and motion: bandgap, effective mass, carrier density, Fermi level, doping, drift and diffusion. Prerequisite/s: PH142; MATH340 or MATH345.

ECE471B - Semiconductor Junction (Spring)
Quantitative analysis of electric field, carrier and current distributions in pn and metal-semiconductor junctions. Prerequisite/s: ECE331 with a minimum grade of C; ECE471A, may be taken concurrently.

ECE480 - Experimental Course, Offerings will vary

ECE481 - Experimental Course, Offerings will vary

ECE495A Independent Study (Fall, Spring, Summer)
Development and implementation of a project in an electrical and computer engineering field of special interest under the supervision of a faculty member.

ECE495B Open Option (Fall, Spring)
Students will work on an array of different electrical and computer engineering projects independently or under the guidance of industry mentors. Projects will be initiated by students or outside sources and will consist of small-scale service/outreach projects or market-driven projects that simulate a business environment.

ECE495C Vertically Integrated Projects (Fall, Spring)
Explore and develop comprehensive applications of electrical and computer engineering technologies as a member of a team, especially as they relate to active research areas of CSU faculty members.

ECE503 - Ultrafast Optics (Spring)
Principles and theory behind ultrashort pulse generation, amplification, and manipulation. Prerequisite/s: ECE341; ECE342.

ECE504 - Physical Optics (Fall - Odd Years)
Classical optics from first principles at a first-year graduate level from basic electromagnetic theory to wave and geometric guides. Prerequisite/s: ECE341; ECE342.

ECE505 - Nanostructures Fundamentals and Applications (Fall)
Fundamentals of quantum confinement, nanostructure optical properties, fabrication and characterization. Prerequisite/s: ECE342; PH353. Also offered online.

ECE506 - Optical Interferometry and Laser Metrology (Fall - Odd Years)
High resolution metrology techniques and interfermetric sensors using lasers and other light sources. Prerequisite/s: ECE341; ECE342; ECE441. Also offered online.

ECE507 - Plasma Physics and Applications
Fundamental principles and industrial applications of plasmas. Prerequisite/s: ECE342.

ECE508 - Introduction to Power System Markets (Fall - Odd Years)
Deregulated electrical power systems, system security,investements in generation and transmission, ancillary services, and nodal pricing. Prerequisite/s: ECE461. Also offered online.

ECE509/ENGR509 - Signal Processing for Power Systems (Fall)
Signal processing tools for analyzing power systems, voltage frequency, magnitude variations, unbalance, waveform distortion. Prerequisite/s: ECE312; ECE461. Credit not allowed for both ECE509 and ENGR509. Also offered online.

ECE510 - Wide Area Monitoring for Power Systems (Spring)
Provide an introduction to WAMS for modern power grid including signal processing, communications and networking techniques in WAMS/WAMS applications. Prerequisite/s: ECE461 with a minimum grade of C; ECE312 with a minimum grade of C. Also offered online.

ECE512 - Digital Signal Processing (Fall)
Discrete time signals and systems, digital filter design and implementation, fast algorithms, quantization effects. Prerequisite/s: ECE312 with a minimum grade of C. Also offered online.

ECE513 - Digital Image Processing (Spring)
Image acquisition and display systems, image enhancement, restoration and encoding, image analysis; real-life applications. Prerequisite/s: ECE303/STAT303 with a minimum grade of C; ECE312 with a minimum grade of C.

ECE514 - Applications of Random Processes (Fall)
Bit-error rates, signal-to-noise power ration, signal detection, signal estimation, Wiener filter application. Prerequisite/s: ECE303/STAT303 with a minimum grade of C; ECE312 with a minimum grade of C.

ECE516 - Information Theory (Fall)
Information measures and their properties. Lossless data compression. Channel capacity. Channel coding theory. Rate distortion theory. Prerequisite/s: ECE303/STAT303; ECE421.

ECE517/BIOM517 - Advanced Optical Imaging (Fall - Even Years)
Engineering design principles of advanced optical imaging techniques and image formation theory. Prerequisite/s: ECE342 or MATH340 or MATH345.
Old 9th April 2018, 10:08 AM
Super Moderator

ECE518/BIOM518 - Biophotonics (Fall - Odd Years)
Engineering design principles of optical instrumentation for medical diagnostics. Light propagation and imaging in biological tissues. Prerequisite/s: ECE342 or ECE457 or MATH340 or MATH345.

ECE520 - Optimization Methods-Control and Communication (Spring)
Linear and nonlinear optimization theory and methods; applications in systems, control, and communication. Prerequisite/s: MATH 229; MATH 317.

ECE521 - Satellite Communication
Principles of satellite communication systems engineering. Prerequisite/s: ECE421.

ECE524 - Wireless Telecommunications
Physical layer design, including channel modeling, receiver design and performance, and multiple access techniques. Prerequisite/s: ECE421.

ECE526/BIOM526 - Biological Physics (Fall - Odd Years)
Mathematical and physical modeling of biological systems. Mass transport in cellular environments. Electrical/mechanical properties of biomolecules. Prerequisite/s: MATH 340 or MATH345; PH142 or PH122. Credit not allowed for both ECE526 and BIOM526.

ECE532/ENGR532 - Dynamics of Complex Engineering Systems (Fall)
Higher-level behavior and issues that emerge from interaction between components in complex socio-technical systems. Prerequisite/s: ECE501, may be taken concurrently.

ECE534 - Analog IC Design
Design methods for state-of-the-art analog ICs, including CMOS op-amps, comparators, and phase-locked loops. Prerequisite/s: ECE332 with a minimum grade of C; ECE535, may register concurrently.

ECE535 - Analog IC Laboratory
Analog ICs are designed and simulated using modern software tools. Concurrent registration in ECE534.

ECE536 - RF Integrated Circuit Design (Fall - Even Years)
Design of state-of-the-art ICs for RF applicatons including CMOS low-noise amplifiers, voltage-controlled oscillators, mixers and power amplifiers. Prerequisite/s: ECE332.

ECE537/BIOM537 - Biomedical Signal Processing
Measuring, manipulating, and interpreting biomedical signals. Prerequisite/s: MATH340 or ECE311 or STAT303. Credit not allowed for both ECE537 and BIOM537.

ECE538 - Design & Analysis of Analog Digital Interface Circuits
Basic concept of designing and analyzing analog & digital interface circuits. Prerequisite/s: ECE332; ECE451.

ECE540 - Computational Electromagnetics
Computational techniques for practical applications in electromagnetic fields, devices, scattering, propagation, and radiation. Prerequisite/s: ECE342.

ECE542 - Parallel CAD Algorithms for IC Design (As Needed)
Cutting edge CAD paradigms for fast simulation of massively coupled circuits in nanoscale integrated circuits. ECE 311 with a C or better; ECE 331 with a C or better.

ECE546 - Laser Fundamentals and Devices
Amplification of light, laser excitation mechanisms, laser devices, characteristics and design. Prerequisite/s: ECE441.

ECE548 - Microwave Theory and Component Design (Spring - Odd Years)
Fundamentals of microwave engineering, components, devices, and measurements. Prerequisite/s: ECE342 with a minimum grade of C.

ECE549 - Introduction to Radar System Design
Fundamental ideas of radar operation and basic design principles of various radar types including current topics. Prerequisite/s: ECE341; ECE342. Also offered online.

ECE554 - Computer Architecture (Spring)
Topics may include fundamentals of computer design, multiprocessors and thread-level parallelism, storage systems, and interconnection networks and clusters. Prerequisite/s: ECE452 or CS470. Also offered online. I/O Diagram

ECE555 - Advanced Robotics: Redundancy and Optimization (Spring - Even Years)
Students successfully completing this course will be able to implement algorithms that provide robots with the ability to perform rudimentary spatial reasoning. Prerequisite/s: ECE455; Math 369.

ECE560/CS560 - Foundations of Fine-grain Parallelism (Spring)
Programming novel architectures; performance tuning; automatic parallelization; program transformation; polyhedral model; equational programming. Prerequisite/s: CS475. Credit not allowed for both ECE560 and CS560.

ECE561/CS561 - Hardware/Software Design of Embedded Systems (Fall)
Challenges and state of the art in embedded systems design including system level modeling, design space exploration, hardware-sofuvare partitioning, high level synthesis. Prerequisite/s: ECE251 or ECE452 or CS270 or CS470. Also offered online. I/O Diagram

ECE562 - Power Electronics I (Fall)
Switch mode and resonant converters, control using switch averaged dynamic models, modeling of circuit components including sources, loads, and switches. Prerequisite/s: ECE332 with a minimum grade of C.

ECE565/ENGR565 - Electrical Power Engineering (Spring)
Analysis of power systems in terms of current, voltage, and active/reactive power. Introduction of computer-aided tools for power systems. Prerequisite/s: ECE332; ECE342. Credit not allowed for both ECE565 and ENGR565. Also offered online.

ECE566 - Grid Integration of Wind Energy Systems (Fall - Even Years)
Aspects of integration of wind energy conversion systems (WECS) to electric power transmission grids. Prerequisite/s: (ECE461; ECE462) or ECE565. Also offered online.

ECE569/MECH569 - Micro-Electromechanical Systems (Spring)
Micro-electro-mechanical processes and applications in sensors, optics, and structures. MECH344 with a minimum grade of C or ECE331. Credit not allowed for both ECE569 and MECH569.

ECE571 - VLSI System Design I (Spring)
Design of integrated circuits at the system level including cell design, digital systems, parallel architecture, systolic arrays. Prerequisite/s: ECE451; concurrent registration in ECE575.

ECE572 - Semiconductor Transistors (Spring)
Quantitative analysis of electric field, carrier and current distributions in MOSFETs and bipolar junction transistors; scaling, non-idealities. Prerequisite/s: ECE331 with a minimum grade of C; ECE471B, may be registered concurrently.

ECE573 - Semiconductor Optoelectronics Laboratory (Spring - Even Years)
Experimental characterization techniques for semiconductor optoelectronic devices and design and testing of related electronic circuits. Prerequisite/s: ECE471B.

ECE574 - Optical Properties in Solids
Light propagation and interaction with materials; linear and non-linear optical properties. Prerequisite/s: ECE441 with a minimum grade of C. Also offered online.

ECE575 - Experiments in VLSI System Design I (Spring)
Set of labs designed to enhance students' understanding of the materials in ECE571. Prerequisite/s: ECE451, concurrent registration in ECE571.

ECE580 - Experimental Course, Offerings will vary

ECE580B4 - FPGA Signal Processing/Software-Defined Radio (Spring - Odd Years)
Theory, design principles, and implementation of digital signal processing algorithms on FPGA devices, and their applications ranging from telecommunications to scientific equipment. Prerequisite/s: ECE312; ECE451.

ECE580B5 - Applied Electromagnetics (Fall - Odd Years)
High- and low-frequency electromagnetics, wave propagation, radiation, and scattering, wireless and guided-wave systems, bioelectromagnetics. Prerequisite/s: ECE342.

ECE581 - Experimental Course, Offerings will vary

ECE581B1/BIOM581B1 - Cells as Circuits (Fall - Even Years)
Treatment of biological cells as circuits and their electrical time-dependent function and frequency-dependent impedance. Topics include the HodgkinHuxley circuit model, diffusion equation and definitions of biosensor performance metrics. Prerequisite/s: BIOM 101 or LIFE 102; CHEM 111; PH 142; MATH 340 or MATH 345, may be taken concurrently. Credit not allowed for both ECE581B1 and BIOM581B1.

ECE581B2/BIOM581B2 - Signal and Noise in Biosensors (Spring - Odd Years)
Quantitative treatment of concepts of noise, interference and signal including noise types and spectra, filtering, and limitations imposed by noise. Example applications to Biosensors. Prerequisite/s: PH142; MATH340 or MATH345, may be taken concurrently.

ECE581B3/BIOM581B3 - Sensor Circuit Fundamentals (Spring - Odd Years)
Introduction of fundamental circuit concepts used in sensors including review of basic circuit elements of resistors, capacitors, and MOS (Metal-Oxide-Semiconductor) transistors. Concepts of MOS circuits for signal conditioning and amplification will be introduced to illustrate how sensors backend signal processing for current and voltage is carried out after the sensor signal transduction stage. Prerequisite/s: BIOM101 or LIFE102; PH142; MATH340 or MATH345, may be taken concurrently.

ECE581B4/BIOM581B4 - Affinity Sensors (Spring - Odd Years)
Introduction of DNA/RNA and proteins and their binding mechanisms with complementary DNA/RNA strands and antibodies. Students will study techniques using optical methods to determine binding events as well as electrical methods using immobilized probe receptors on electrode surface. Fundamental design of affinity sensor experiments and basic components needed for an affinity sensor system will be illustrated using different form of electrodes and bench-top equipment. Prerequisite/s: BIOM101 or LIFE102; CHEM111; PH142; MATH340 or MATH345, may be taken concurrently.

ECE581B5/BIOM581B5 Electrochemical Sensors (Fall Even Years)
Introduction of the fundamentals of electrochemistry and applications of electrochemical methods to detect certain class of chemicals/molecules. Students will study the oxidation-reduction mechanism and the interpretation of electrochemical results. Fundamental design of electrochemical sensor experiments and basic components needed for an electrochemical sensor system will be illustrated using different form of electrodes and potentiostat equipment. Prerequisite/s: BIOM101 or LIFE102; CHEM111; PH142; MATH255 or MATH261. Credit not allowed for both ECE581B5 and BIOM581B5.

ECE581B6/BIOM581B6 - Biophotonic Sensors Using Refractive Index (Spring - Odd Years)
Operating principles of optical biosensors based on changes in refractive index such as thin films, ring-resonators, Mach-Zehnder interferometers, and other evanescent wave sensors. Basic supporting optical concepts including thin-film interference, optical waveguides and evanescent waves. Prerequisite/s: ECE581B4; PH142; MATH340 or MATH345, may be taken concurrently.

ECE604 - Nonlinear Optics
Principles of nonlinear optics, symmetry properties, multiple order nonlinear phenomenon, and nonlinear spectroscopy. Prerequisite/s: ECE504; PH451.

ECE611 - Nonlinear Control Systems (Fall - Even Years)
Controller analysis and design for nonlinear and time-varying systems. Prerequisite/s: ECE412. Also offered online.

ECE612 - Robust Controls Systems (Spring - Even Years)
Introduction to modern robust control theory techniques for analysis and design of large-scale uncertain nultivariable systems. Prerequisite/s: ECE411. Also offered online.

ECE614 - Principles of Digital Communications (Spring - Even Years)
Information theory, optimal receiver design, waveform coding, error correcting coding. Prerequisite/s: ECE514.

ECE622 - Energy Networks and Power Distribution Grids (Spring - Even Years)
Systems approach to analysis of distribution networks and transition to intelligent grid systems. Prerequisite/s: ECE461 or ECE508/ENGR508 or ECE565/ENGR565. Also offered online.

ECE623/ENGR623 - Electric Power Quality (Spring - Odd Years)
Interconnecting power electronic devices and renewable energy sources to power systems. Prerequisite/s: ECE461 or ECE562. Credit not allowed for both ECE623 and ENGR623. Also offered online.

ECE641 - Electromagnetics
Electrostatics, magnetostatics, boundary value problems, EM induction, quasi-statics, Maxwell's equations. Prerequisite/s: ECE342.

ECE642 - Time Harmonic Electromagnetics
Maxwell's equations, radiation, boundary value problem, dyadic Green's functions, scattering theory. Prerequisite/s: ECE641.

ECE650 - Extreme Ultraviolet and Soft X-ray Radiation
Fundamental principles of short wavelength electromagentic radiation. Prerequisite/s: ECE342.

ECE652 - Estimation and Filtering Theory (Spring - Odd Years)
Optimal Kalman filter estimators; smoothing and prediction; applications to communications and controls. Prerequisite/s: ECE514 or STAT525.

ECE653 - Detection Theory (Fall - Odd Years)
Neyman-Pearson and Bays detectors and properties, matched filter and matched subspace detectors, distributed detection, and applications. Prerequisite/s: ECE652.

ECE656 - Machine Learning and Adaptive Systems (Spring - Even Years)
Various adaptation rules, neural network paradigms, learning stability and convergence, applications in signal/image processing and control. Prerequisite/s: ECE512. Also offered online.

ECE658 / CS658 - Internet Engineering (Spring)
Link technologies, multiple access, hardware and software for interworks routing, switching flow control, multicast, performance, and applications. Prerequisite/s: ECE456 or CS457. Credit not allowed for both ECE658 and CS658. Also offered online.

ECE661 - Advanced Topics in Embedded Systems (Spring - Every 3rd Year)
Embedded systems design; networks on chip, novel memory architectures, synthesis algorithms, optimization for low power, fault tolerance, security Prerequisite/s: CS/ECE561; ECE452. Also offered online.

ECE666 - Topics in Robotics (Spring - Odd Years)
Recent advances in robotics, automation, and intelligent systems. Prerequisite/s: ECE455.

ECE673 - Thin Film Growth (Fall)
Microstructures of physically vapor-deposited films; thin-film morphological development; atomistic processes of condensation, nucleation, and growth. Prerequisite/s: One course in thermodynamics. Also offered online.

ECE680 - Experimental Course, Offerings will vary

ECE681 - Experimental Course, Offerings will vary

ECE681A2 - Random Walks (Fall - Even Years)
Mathematical aspects of random walks and diffusion processes. Stochastic modeling of complex systems. Prerequisite/s: ECE303 with a minimum grade of C; ECE312 with a minimum grade of C or ECE457 with a minimum grade of C.

ECE695 - Variable Credit Independent Study

ECE697 - Variable Credit Group Study

ECE699 - Variable Credit Thesis

ECE742 - Topics in Electromagnetics (Spring)
Applications of wave propagation and scattering to microwave radar, Doppler radar, meteorological radar applications. Prerequisite/s: ECE641.

ECE752 - Topics in Signal Processing
Adaptive filtering, spectral estimation, sonar/radar signal processing, and detection/classification schemes. Prerequisite/s: ECE512; ECE514 or STAT525.

ECE795 - Variable Credit Independent Study

ECE799 - Variable Credit Dissertation

Contact-

Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO 80523, USA