2023 2024 MBA

2023 2024 MBA (https://mba.ind.in/forum/)
-   Main Forum (https://mba.ind.in/forum/main-forum/)
-   -   IFS Indian Foreign Service or Indian Forest Service (https://mba.ind.in/forum/ifs-indian-foreign-service-indian-forest-service-46519.html)

Unregistered 8th July 2015 10:53 AM

IFS Indian Foreign Service or Indian Forest Service

Which is best position between Indian Foreign Service and Indian Forest Service? Both Exams has conducted by UPSC and requires Graduation. I have also completed Graduation. Now I want to apply for UPSC Exam, so some one suggested me for both. Tell me which Exam provides highest salary between Indian Forest Service and Indian Foreign Service?

Unregistered 5th April 2018 11:13 PM

Re: IFS Indian Foreign Service or Indian Forest Service

Hii sir, I Wants to get the Information About the Indian Forest Service Examination Will you Please Provide It ?

shikha 5th April 2018 11:14 PM

Re: IFS Indian Foreign Service or Indian Forest Service

The Indian Forest Service (IFS) is one of the Civil Services Examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission for the recruitment officers at the All India level by the Government of India for the scientific management of its forests.

Eligibility Criteria

Nationality:

A candidate must be A citizen of India, or The subject of Nepal, or The subject of Bhutan, or Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India,
or
A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries like Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India

Educational Qualification:
Candidate should hold a Bachelors degree with at least one of the subjects namely, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelors degree in Agriculture or Forestry or Engineering of a recognised university or equivalent.

Age Limit :
Age of a candidate should be minimum 21 years and maximum 30 years

Examination Pattern :

IFS Exam consists of two stages:
I. Civil Services Preliminary Examination (Objective Type)
II. Indian Forest Service Main Examination (Written and Interview).

I. Preliminary Examination:

The Examination is comprise of two compulsory Papers of 200 marks each.
(i). Both the question papers will be of the objective type (multiple choice questions).
(ii). The question papers will be set both in Hindi and English. However, questions relating to English Language Comprehension skills of Class X level will be tested through passages from English language only without providing Hindi translation thereof in the question paper.
(iii). There are four alternatives for the answers to every question. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate, one-third of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty.
(iv). Each paper will be of two hours duration. Blind candidates will; however, be allowed an extra time of twenty minutes for each paper.

II. Main Examination:
The Main Examination will consist of written examination and an interview test. The written examination consisting of the following papers. All Question Papers must be answered in English. Question Papers will be set in English only. Time duration will be three hours for each paper.
1. Paper I General English 300 Marks
2. Paper II -General Knowledge 300 Marks
3. Papers III, IV, V and VI Any two subjects to be selected from the list of the optional subjects. Each subject will have two papers, 200 marks for each paper.

List of Optional Subjects:
(i). Agriculture
(ii). Agricultural Engineering
(iii). Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
(iv). Botany
(v). Chemistry
(vi). Chemical Engineering
(vii). Civil Engineering
(viii). Forestry
(ix). Geology
(x). Mathematics
(xi). Mechanical Engineering