2023 2024 MBA

2023 2024 MBA (https://mba.ind.in/forum/)
-   Main Forum (https://mba.ind.in/forum/main-forum/)
-   -   Pune University Syllabus Engineering Te Mechanical (https://mba.ind.in/forum/pune-university-syllabus-engineering-te-mechanical-101858.html)

Unregistered 5th October 2016 11:36 AM

Pune University Syllabus Engineering Te Mechanical

Hello sir, I want Pune University Syllabus for Engineering TE Mechanical. Is there any one can provide me TE mechanical engineering syllabus from Pune University?

shikha 5th October 2016 01:15 PM

Re: Pune University Syllabus Engineering Te Mechanical

1 Attachment(s)
The Pune University is provides a syllabus to engineering candidates. Student shall gain appreciation and understanding of the design function in Mechanical engineering, different steps involved in designing and the relation of design activity with manufacturing activity.

The student shall learn to choose proper materials for different machine elements depending on their physical and mechanical properties.

They will learn to apply the knowledge of material science in real life situations.

Here I’m attaching PDF of Pune University Syllabus Engineering Te Mechanical:

Pune University Syllabus Engineering Te Mechanical:

Design of Machine Elements –

Unit – I Design process and design of Simple Machine elements
Machine Design, Design Process, Design considerations, Standards and codes, Use of preferred series, Factor of safety, Service factor. Design of Cotter joint, Knuckle joint, Levers - hand / foot lever, lever for safety valve, bell crank lever, curved beams of circular cross section and components subjected to eccentric loading.

Unit – II Design of Shafts, Keys and Couplings
Shaft design on the basis of strength, torsional rigidity and lateral rigidity, A.S.M.E. code for shaft design, Design of keys and splines. Design of Flange Coupling and Flexible Bushed Pin Coupling.

Unit – III Design for Fluctuating Load
Stress concentration - causes & remedies, fluctuating stresses, fatigue failures, S-N curve, endurance limit, notch sensitivity, endurance strength modifying factors, design for finite and infinite life, cumulative damage in fatigue failure, Soderberg, Gerber, Goodman, Modified Goodman diagrams, Fatigue design of components under combined stresses.

Unit – IV Power Screws
Forms of threads, multiple start screws, Torque analysis and Design of power screws with square and trapezoidal threads, Self locking screw, Collar friction torque, Stresses in power screws, design of a CClamp. Design of screw jack, Differential and Compound Screw and Re-circulating Ball Screw (Theoretical treatment only).

Unit –V Threaded joints and Welded joints
Basic types of screw fasteners, Bolts of uniform strength, I.S.O. Metric screw threads, Bolts under tension, Eccentrically loaded bolted joint in shear, Eccentric load perpendicular and parallel to axis of bolt, Eccentric load on circular base. Design of Turn Buckle. Welding symbols, Stresses in butt and fillet welds, Strength of butt, parallel and transverse fillet welds, Axially loaded unsymmetrical welded joints, Eccentric load in plane of welds, Welded joints subjected to bending and torsional moments.

Unit –VI Mechanical Springs
Types, applications and materials for springs, Stress and deflection equations for helical compression Springs, Style of ends, Design of helical compression and tension springs, Springs in series and parallel, Concentric helical springs. Helical torsion Spring, Surge in springs. Multi-leaf springs