2023 2024 MBA

2023 2024 MBA (https://mba.ind.in/forum/)
-   Main Forum (https://mba.ind.in/forum/main-forum/)
-   -   Punjabi University Syllabus BA 3 (https://mba.ind.in/forum/punjabi-university-syllabus-ba-3-a-104064.html)

Unregistered 13th October 2016 02:55 PM

Punjabi University Syllabus BA 3

Hey Buddy, I want the syllabus of BA part III of Punjabi University, Patiala so will you please provide me?

shikha 13th October 2016 03:04 PM

Re: Punjabi University Syllabus BA 3

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, here I am providing you the syllabus of BA part III of Punjabi University, Patiala.

Punjabi University BA part III syllabus

Geography

Paper-A: World Regional Geography

Total Teaching Periods: 75 Max. Marks: 70
Pass Marks: 35% Time: 3 Hours

Instructions For The Paper-Setter

(i) The question paper will consist of five sections: A, B, C, D & E. Sections A, B, C & D will have two questions from the respective sections of the syllabus and will carry 10 marks each. Section E will consist of 15 short answer type questions covering the entire syllabus uniformly and will carry 30 marks in all, each short answer type question carries 2 marks.
(ii) If any table is necessary for attempting any question of the question paper, it is to be specifically mentioned.

Instructions For The Candidates

(i) Candidates are required to attempt one question each from the sections A, B, C and D of the question paper and the entire section E.
(ii) Candidates are allowed to use outlined stencil maps of world/continents/countries. They are also allowed to use simple calculators.
(iii) Credit will be given for suitable maps and diagrams.

Study of the following regions of the world in terms of constituent countries; natural, demographic and economic resources.

SECTION-A

(i) North America
(ii) South America (15 Lectures)

SECTION-B

(i) Europe
(ii) Australia (18 Lectures)

SECTION-C

(i) East Asia
(ii) South-east Asia
(iii) South Asia (20 Lectures)

SECTION-D
(i) Middle East and North Africa
(ii) Africa South of Sahara (22 Lectures)

BOOKS RECOMMENDED

1. Blij, Harm J. de Peter, O. Miller: Geography: Regions and Concepts, John Wiley, New York, 1993.
2. English, Paul Ward and James, A. Miller: World Regional Geography: A Question of Place, John Wiley, New York, 1989.
3. Jackson, Richard H. and Lloyd, E. Hudman: World Regional Geography: Issues for Today, John Wiley, New York, 1991.
4. Don, R. Hoy (ed.) : Essentials of Geography and Development, MacMillan, New York, 1980.
5. Kromm, D. E. : World Regional Geography, Saunders Publishing, New York, 1981.
6. Mankoo, Darshan Singh: A Regional Geography of the World, Kalyani Publishers, Ludhiana.

PAPER-B : GEOGRAPHY OF INDIA

Total Teaching Periods: 75 Max. Marks: 70
Pass Marks: 35% Time: 3 Hours

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE PAPER-SETTER
(i) The question paper will consist of five sections: A, B, C, D & E. Sections A, B, C & D will have two questions from the respective sections of the syllabus and will carry 10 marks each. Section E will consist of 15 short answer type questions covering the entire syllabus uniformly and will carry 30 marks in all, each short answer type question carries 2 marks.

(ii) If any table is necessary for attempting any question of the question paper, it is to be specifically mentioned.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE CANDIDATES
(i) Candidates are required to attempt one question each from the sections A, B, C and D of the question paper and the entire section E.
(ii) Candidates are allowed to use outlined stencil maps of world/ continents/countries. They are also allowed to use simple calculators.
(ii) Credit will be given for suitable maps and diagrams.

SECTION-A
Introduction : India in the context of South Asia, Asia and the World.
(6 Lectures)
Natural Environment : Relief, drainage, climate, vegetation and soils.
(10 Lectures)
SECTION-B
Minerals : Iron ore, coal and mineral oil.
(10 Lectures)
People : Distribution, density, growth, migration, urbanization and literacy.
(15 Lectures)

For complete syllabus here is the attachment

Contact-

Punjabi University
NH 64, Urban Estate Phase II, Patiala District, Patiala, Punjab 147002