2023 2024 MBA

2023 2024 MBA (https://mba.ind.in/forum/)
-   Main Forum (https://mba.ind.in/forum/main-forum/)
-   -   Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology M.Tech - VLSI SECA7012 Algorithms and (https://mba.ind.in/forum/sathyabama-institute-science-technology-m-tech-vlsi-seca7012-algorithms-507171.html)

Arvind Kumar 24th September 2020 11:50 AM

Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology M.Tech - VLSI SECA7012 Algorithms and

Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology M.Tech - VLSI SECA7012 Algorithms and Architecture for Signal Processing ICs Syllabus

SATHYABAMA INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY

SECA7012
ALGORITHMS AND ARCHITECTURE FOR
SIGNAL PROCESSING ICs (For VLSI& AE)

UNIT 1 ARCHITECTURES FOR DIGITAL SIGNAL-PROCESSORS 9 Hrs.
Introduction, Basic Architectural Features, DSP Computational Building Blocks, Bus Architecture and Memory, Data
Addressing Capabilities, Address Generation Unit, Programmability and Program Execution, Features for External
Interfacing.

UNIT 2 PROGRAMMABLE DIGITAL SIGNAL PROCESSORS 9 Hrs.
Introduction, Commercial digital Signal-processing Devices, Data Addressing Modes of TMS32OC54xx.,Memory Space of
TMS32OC54xx Processors, Program Control, Detail Study of TMS320C54X & 54xx Instructions and Programming, On-Chip
peripherals, Interrupts of TMS32OC54XX Processors, Pipeline Operation of TMS32OC54xx Processor.

UNIT 3 IMPLEMENTATION OF BASIC DSP ALGORITHMS 9 Hrs.
Introduction, The Q-notation, FIR Filters, IIR Filters, Interpolation and Decimation Filters (one example in each case). An
FFT Algorithm for DFT Computation, Overflow and Scaling, Bit-Reversed Index Generation & Implementation on the
TMS32OC54xx.

UNIT 4 INTERFACING MEMORY AND PARALLEL I/O PERIPHERALS TO DSP DEVICES 9 Hrs.
Introduction, Memory Space Organization, External Bus Interfacing Signals. Memory Interface, Parallel I/O Interface,
Programmed I/O, Interrupts and I / O Direct Memory Access (DMA).

UNIT 5 INTERFACING AND APPLICATIONS OF DSP PROCESSOR 9 Hrs.
Introduction, Synchronous Serial Interface, A CODEC Interface Circuit. DSP Based Bio- telemetry Receiver, A Speech
Processing System, An Image Processing System, Vetterbi Decoder, Nanospa architecture.
Max. 45 Hrs.

COURSE OUTCOMES
On completion of the course, student will be able to
CO1 - Understanding the basics of digital signal processors and its interfacing.
CO2 - Developing the programming skills by facilitating a clear understanding on the instruction set of programmable
digital signal processors.
CO3 - Design, develop and implement of FIR ,FFR, interpolator , decimator, FFT,DFT using DSP. CO4:Comprehending
the basic memory space organization ,interface and programme I/O, interrupts and I/O direct memory access.
CO5 - Clear insight on the real time applications on the DSP processor example speech, image processing, Viterbi, nano
spa architecture.
CO6 - Investigate the feasibility of providing solutions to real time challenges in telemedicine , remote sensing by DSP.

TEXT / REFERENCE BOOKS
1. Nagoor Khani, "Digital Signal Processing", TMG, 2012.
2. Ifeachor E.C., Jervis B.W., "Digital Signal Processing: A practical approach", Pearson Education, PHI/ 2002.
3. B.Venkataramani and M.Bhaskar, " Digital Signal Processors", TMH, 2002.
4. Peter Pirsch, Architectures for Digital Signal Processing", Publisher Wiley Publisher, 2015.

END SEMESTER EXAMINATION QUESTION PAPER PATTERN
Max. Marks: 100 Exam Duration: 3 Hrs.
PART A: 5 Questions of 6 Marks each – No choice 30 Marks
PART B: 2 Questions from each unit of internal choice, each carrying 14 Marks 70 Marks