Go Back   2023 2024 MBA > MBA > Main Forum

Old 16th July 2015, 02:49 PM
Unregistered

Default Free Download CA CPT Study Material

I have passed class 12th in last year. After 12th I had joined CA Course. I had attempt in CPT Exam in last year, but I got failed in that. Now I want to appear in CPT Exam again this year. So this time please provide source where I will download free important study material for this Exam of CA course that helps me to crack it in this attempt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 20th March 2018, 02:05 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Free Download CA CPT Study Material

I want to download the Study Material of Chartered Accountant Common Proficiency Test (CA CPT) exam so can you provide me?
Old 20th March 2018, 02:09 PM
Super Moderator

I am providing you the Study Material of Chartered Accountant Common Proficiency Test (CA CPT) exam

CA CPT Exam Study Material

Exam pattern-

Session I

Section A Fundamentals of Accounting 60 Marks

Section B Mercantile Law 40 Marks

Session II

Section C General Economics 50 Marks

Section D Quantitative Aptitude 50 Marks

A candidate is required to secure a minimum of 30 percent marks in each Section and a minimum of 50 percent marks in aggregate in all the four Sections to pass the Common Proficiency Test.

Syllabus-

(One paper Four hours 200 Marks)

Level of Knowledge: Basic knowledge

SESSION I
(Two Sections Two hours 100 Marks)
CPT Fundamentals of Accounting Syllabus For June 2018

Section A: Fundamentals of Accounting (60 Marks)

1. Theoretical Framework

(i) Meaning and Scope of accounting
(ii) Accounting Concepts, Principles, and Conventions
(iii) Accounting Standards concepts, objectives, benefits
(iv) Accounting Policies
(v) Accounting as a measurement discipline valuation principles, accounting estimates

2. Accounting Process

Books of Accounts leading to the preparation of Trial Balance, Capital and revenue expenditures, Capital and revenue receipts, Contingent assets and contingent liabilities, Fundamental errors including rectifications thereof.

3. Bank Reconciliation Statement

4. Inventories

The basis for inventory valuation and record keeping.

5. Depreciation accounting

Methods, computation and accounting treatment of depreciation, Change in depreciation methods.

6. Preparation of Final Accounts for Sole Proprietors

7. Accounting for Special Transactions

(a) Consignments
(b) Joint Ventures
(c) Bills of exchange and promissory notes
(d) Sale of goods on approval or return basis.

8. Partnership Accounts

Final accounts of partnership firms Basic concepts of admission, retirement, and death of a partner including treatment of goodwill.

9. Introduction to Company Accounts

An issue of shares and debentures, forfeiture of shares, re-issue of forfeited shares, the redemption of preference shares.
CPT Mercantile Law Syllabus For June 2018

Section B: Mercantile Laws (40 Marks)

1. The Indian Contract Act, 1872: An overview of Sections 1 to 75 covering the general nature of the contract, consideration, other essential elements of a valid contract, performance of a contract and breach of contract.

2. The Sale of Goods Act, 1930: Formation of the contract of sale Conditions and Warranties Transfer of ownership and delivery of goods Unpaid seller and his rights.

3. The India Partnership Act, 1932: General Nature of Partnership Rights, and duties of partners Registration and dissolution of a firm.

SESSION II
(Two Sections Two hours 100 Marks)
CPT General Economics Syllabus For June 2018

Section C: General Economics (50 Marks)

(I) Micro Economics

1. Introduction to Micro Economics

(a) Definition, scope, and nature of Economics
(b) Methods of economic study
(c) The Central problems of an economy and Production possibilities curve.

2. Theory of Demand and Supply

(a) Meaning and determinants of demand, Law of demand and Elasticity of demand Price, income and cross elasticity
(b) Theory of consumer s behavior Marshall Ian approach and Indifference curve approach
(c) Meaning and determinants of supply, Law of supply and Elasticity of supply.

3. Theory of Production and Cost

(a) Meaning and Factors of production
(b) Laws of Production The Law of variable proportions and Laws of returns to scale
(c) Concepts of Costs Short-run and long-run costs, Average and marginal costs, Total, fixed and variable costs.

4. Price Determination in Different Markets

(a) Various forms of markets Perfect Competition, Monopoly, Monopolistic Competition and Oligopoly
(b) Price determination in these markets.
(II) Indian Economic Development

5. Indian Economy A Profile

(a) Nature of the Indian Economy
(b) Role of different sectors Agriculture, Industry, and Services in the development of the Indian economy, their problems and growth
(c) National Income of India Concepts of national income, Different methods of measuring national income, Growth of national income and per capita income in various plans.
(d) Basic understanding of tax system of India Direct and Indirect Taxation

6. Select Aspects of Indian Economy

(a) Population Its size, rate of growth and its implication for growth
(b) Poverty Absolute and relative poverty and main programs for poverty alleviation
(c) Unemployment Types, causes, and incidence of unemployment
(d) Infrastructure Energy, Transportation, Communication, Health and Education
(e) Inflation
(f) Budget and Fiscal deficits
(g) Balance of payments
(h) External debts.

7. Economic Reforms in India

(a) Features of economic reforms since 1991
(b) Liberalization, Privatization, and Disinvestment
(c) Globalization.

8. Money and Banking

(a) Money Meaning and functions
(b) Commercial Banks Role and functions
(c) Reserve Bank of India Role, and functions, Monetary policy.
CA CPT Exam syllabus-CPT Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus For June 2018

Section D: Quantitative Aptitude (50 Marks)

1. Ratio and proportion, Indices, Logarithms

2. Equations

Linear simultaneous linear equations up to three variables, quadratic and cubic equations in one variable, equations of a straight line, intersection of straight lines, graphical solution of linear equations.

3. Inequalities

Graphs of inequalities in two variables common region.

4. Simple and Compound Interest including annuity Applications

5. Basic concepts of Permutations and Combinations

6. Sequence and Series Arithmetic and geometric progressions

7. Sets, Functions, and Relations

8. Limits and Continuity Intuitive Approach

9. Basic concepts of Differential and Integral Calculus (excluding trigonometric functions)

10. Statistical description of data

(a) Textual, Tabular & Diagrammatic representation of data.
(b) Frequency Distribution.
(c) Graphical representation of frequency distribution Histogram, Frequency Polygon, Ogive

11. Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersion

Arithmetic Mean, Median Partition Values, Mode, Geometric Mean and Harmonic, Mean, Standard deviation, Quartile deviation

12. Correlation and Regression

13. Probability and Expected Value by Mathematical Expectation

14. Theoretical Distributions

Binomial, Poisson and Normal.

15. Sampling Theory

Basic Principles of sampling theory, Comparison between sample survey and complete enumeration, Errors in sample surveys, Some important terms associated with sampling, Types of sampling, Theory of estimation, Determination of sample size.

16. Index Numbers
CA CPT Exam Syllabus For June 2018 | CA Foundation New Syllabus June 2018

Changes in CA CPT Exam Syllabus From 2018:

1. The present entrance exam CPT (Common Proficiency Test) has changed to Foundation Exam

2. CPT MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions) based exam has changed to the Foundation descriptive exam. Now you can register for CPT before 6 months. Under the new scheme, you should register before 9 months.

3. The adequate time gap is given so that students get sufficient time to study since the Foundation Course has been made descriptive. Also, there is an addition to full paper.

4. Foundation Examination will be partly descriptive in nature.

5. ICAI has added two additional papers in the Foundation exam (CPT). They are 1. General English for 40 Marks. 2. Business and Commercial Knowledge (40 Marks).

CA CPT Exam Syllabus 2016 Foundation Course (CPT) syllabus applicable from 2018

Foundation Course: Number of Papers 4

There are 4 papers in the CA Foundation course. Remember one thing that Paper 2 and Paper 4 will be Objective type papers. Read below!!

Paper I: Principles and Practices of Accounting (100 Marks)

Paper 2*: Business Mathematics and Logical Reasoning & Statistics (100 Marks)

Part I: Business Mathematics and Logical Reasoning (60 Marks)
Part II: Statistics (40 Marks)

Paper 3: Mercantile Law & General English (100 Marks)

Part I: Mercantile Law (60 Marks)
Part II: General English (40 Marks)

Paper 4*: Business Economics & Business and Commercial Knowledge (100 Marks)

Part I: Business Economics (60 Marks)
Part II: Business and Commercial Knowledge (40 Marks)

*Paper 2 and Paper 4 will be Objective type papers
Old 16th November 2019, 04:32 PM
Super Moderator

If you want to know the details about CA CPT Study Material, you can download the attachment given in this answer.
For more information about CA CPT Study Material, you can write in comment box below.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Free Download CA CPT Study Material.doc (33.5 KB, 39 views)