Go Back   2023 2024 MBA > MBA > Main Forum

Old 21st December 2016, 06:32 PM
Unregistered

Default How Is CAT Exam

I need to know more about Common Admission Test for that will you please get some information, so that I can remember easily?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 22nd December 2016, 12:21 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: How Is CAT Exam

As you want to know more about Common Admission Test, here I will gather information for you.

Syllabus
Quantitative Ability
Number Systems LCM and HCF Percentages Profit, Loss and Discount Interest (Simple and Compound) Speed, Time and Distance Time and Work Averages Ratio and Proportion Linear Equations Quadratic Equations Complex Numbers Logarithm Progressions (Sequences & Series) Binomial Theorem Surds and Indices Inequalities Permutation and Combination Probability Functions Set Theory Mixtures and Alligations Geometry Co-ordinate Geometry Trigonometry Mensuration

Data Interpretation
Tables Column Graphs Bar Graphs Line Charts Pie Chart Venn Diagrams Caselets

Verbal Ability
Vocabulary Based (Synonyms Antonyms) English Usage or Grammar Sentence Correction Fill in the blanks Cloze Passage Analogies or Reverse Analogies Jumbled Paragraph Meaning-Usage Match Summary Questions Verbal Reasoning Facts / Inferences / Judgements Reading Comprehension

Logical Reasoning
Number and Letter Series Calendars Clocks Cubes Venn Diagrams Binary Logic Seating Arrangement Logical Sequence Logical Matching Logical Connectives Syllogism Blood Relations

Exam pattern
Exam Mode:- Computer Based Test (CBT)

The duration of the examination will be 180 minutes. There will be three sections:

Section I: Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
Section II: Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
Section III: Quantitative Ability

For questions other than MCQs, 3 marks are assigned for ‘correct answer’ and no marks for ‘incorrect answer or no attempt'.

The scoring scheme for Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQs) is as follows:

Each correct answer is awarded 3 marks.
An incorrect answer fetches -1.

No marks are given or deducted for unattempted questions.

Candidates will be allotted exactly 60 minutes for answering questions in each section and they cannot switch from one section to another while answering questions in a section.

Fee structure

₹ 1600general
₹ 1600women
₹ 800SC/ST
₹ 800pwd

Reservation
Category % of seats reserved
Scheduled Caste (SC) 15%
Scheduled Tribe (ST) 7.5%
Other Backward Classes – Non-creamy layer (NC-OBC) 27%
Persons with Disability(PwD)/Differently Abled (DA) 3%
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message