Go Back   2023 2024 MBA > MBA > Online MBA Discussions

Old 28th October 2016, 04:57 PM

Default ICFAI MBA Distance Learning Question Papers

Discuss about icfai MBA distance learning question papers here. Welcome to MBA.ind.in and this page is for icfai MBA distance learning question papers discussion. If you are looking for icfai MBA distance learning question papers then ask your question is as much details as possible in the “Quick Reply” box provided below. The more detailed your question will be, the more easy will it be for our experts to answers your query. And if you have any information on icfai MBA distance learning question papers, then please share you knowledge with our viewers in the “Quick Reply” box. You knowledge can help many people. Thanks for stopping by at MBA.ind.in. Please visit again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 7th April 2018, 03:15 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: icfai MBA distance learning question papers

I need MBA Distance Learning exam question paper issued by ICFAI University, here would you like to help me out?
Old 7th April 2018, 03:16 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: icfai MBA distance learning question papers

On your demand I will provide you ICFAI University exam question paper of MBA distance learning program, so that you can prepare well.

Here is the exam paper
1. Which of the following information should not be included in the education section of a resume?
(a) The list of technical schools attended including location and dates of attendance
(b) The major area of study of the applicant
(c) Projects undertaken that show an ability to work with others; and writing or speaking activities, publications, and roles in academic or professional organizations
(d) The details of marks obtained by the applicant in his respective areas of study
(e) The degree awarded.

2. Which of the following is an open-ended question with regard to an interview?
(a) Can you tell us about yourself?
(b) Are you a native of Bihar?
(c) Are you familiar with our policy on absenteeism?
(d) Did you see the No Smoking sign in the cafeteria?
(e) Do you have any knowledge of our company?

3. The text of a report follows the structure popular in oral presentations. Tell them what you told them implies which of the following parts of the structure?
I. Introduction.
II. Body of the report.
III. Summary, conclusions and recommendations.
(a) Only (I) above
(b) Only (II) above
(c) Only (III) above
(d) Both (I) and (II) above
(e) All (I), (II) and (III) above.

4. The following are examples of classification of reports, except
(a) Informational
(b) Functional
(c) Formal
(d) Periodic
(e) Glossary.

5. Visual aids are used to
I. Strengthen the material by clarifying, simplifying, or emphasizing it.
II. Convey information objectively from one organizational area to another.
III. Attract the readers attention for a specific purpose.
(a) Only (I) above
(b) Both (I) and (II) above
(c) Both (I) and (III) above
(d) Both (II) and (III) above

6. A claim letter is written when there is a request for all the following situations, except for
(a) Refund
(b) Replacement
(c) Exchange
(d) Placing future orders
(e) Payment for damages.

7. Which of the following activities must be undertaken by all prospective job applicants to identify their strengths, interests and achievements and find ready answers to questions asked during an employment interview?
(a) Job analysis
(b) Career planning
(c) Self-analysis
(d) Career analysis
(e) Job evaluation.

8. Negotiation tactics hinge on the variables, some of which are conceded by one party and some by the other party. Variables that are traded are referred to as
(a) Conclusions
(b) Recessions
(c) Contortions
(d) Concessions
(e) Confessions.

9. Which of the following is not true regarding a functional resume?
(a) It is useful for people who are just entering the job market
(b) It is the traditional and the most common kind of resume
(c) It is organized around a series of skills and accomplishments
(d) Employment and academic experience are included in the subordinate sections
(e) The focus is on individual areas of competence.

10. The following are the elements of a report, except
(a) Postscript
(b) Abstract
(c) Table of contents
(d) Glossary
(e) Appendix.

11. In reports, the most commonly used visual aids are tables, bar charts, line charts, pie charts, maps, flowcharts, diagrams, and photographs. Which of the following is/are true regarding tables?
I. They are used to present detailed numerical information.
II. They are ideal when the audience need the facts.
III. They depict changes in quantitative data over time and illustrate trends.
(a) Only (II) above

12. Manish attended a soft-skills training class but could not hear the lecture properly, as there was a lot of disturbance in the adjacent hall, where a marriage was being performed with full blast of trumpet-blow. Which of the following are the barriers to listening that disturbed Manish?
(a) Distracting sounds
(b) Poor acoustics
(c) Uncomfortable seating arrangements
(d) Egocentrism
(e) Message overload.

13. Chitra completed her MBA in 2003 from Karnataka University. She completed her graduation in June 2001. She has to furnish this information in which of the following sections of a resume?
(a) Personal data
(b) Education
(c) Honors
(d) Skills summary
(e) Achievements.

14. The following are the guidelines to be followed for preparing a request memo in order to motivate the reader to take the desired action, except
(a) The reasons for the request should be presented
(b) Financial costs involved, should be explained
(c) If the memo is persuasively written, it should be easy for the reader to say yes
(d) Feedback on any misunderstood or unclear points should be encouraged
(e) Throughout the memo, tact and diplomacy should be maintained.

15. Which of the following interviews primarily seek to induce somebody to adopt a new idea, product or service and are generally associated with selling?
(a) Disciplinary interviews
(b) Persuasive interviews
(c) Counseling interviews
(d) Performance appraisal interviews
(e) Employment interviews.

16. Although there is great variety in the subject matter, needs of the audience, and types of reports, there are a few steps that lay the foundation of a report. Which of the following are the steps of a report?
I. Defining the problem and the purpose.
II. Identifying and organizing the issues for investigation.
III. Conducting research.
IV. Analyzing and interpreting data, drawing conclusions and developing recommendations.
(a) Both (I) and (II) above
(b) Both (I) and (III) above
(c) Both (I) and (IV) above
(d) (I), (II) and (III) above
(e) All (I), (II), (III) and (IV) above.

17. Which of the following statements is/are not true regarding Gantt chart?
I. The length of the bars depicts the quantities they represent.
II. It graphically displays time relationships.
III. It is a horizontal bar chart.
(a) Only (I) above
(b) Only (III) above
(c) Both (I) and (II) above
(d) Both (I) and (III) above

18. Negotiation is essentially a communication process between two parties and its success, to a great extent, depends on how well the two parties can build bridges of
(a) Priority
(b) Rapport
(c) Goal
(d) Ideals
(e) Relationship.

19. Which of the following statements is not true regarding the guidelines for writing ideas and suggestions memo?
(a) Write directly the manager would not have asked for ideas unless he thought the writer had something to offer
(b) Begin with positive comments and then tactfully present suggestions
(c) Group ideas according to the subject and use headings to highlight them
(d) Be specific and do not stray off the point
(e) Design as a fill-in form on which data can be entered quickly.

20. Which of the following is not true with regard to the heading and date of a standard letter?
(a) The heading contains the message
(b) The date is typed two to six lines below the last line of the letterhead
(c) The month should be spelled out but not abbreviated
(d) It is better to avoid putting the date in numerals
(e) If the letter is written on blank paper, the writers address must come immediately above the date.

21. All the following are included in the inside address of a standard letter, except
(a) Personal title of the receiver
(b) Professional title of the receiver
(c) The name of the receiver
(d) The name of the receivers company
(e) The name of the sender.

22. At the end of a report, conclusions and/or recommendations should be made based on the evidence that has amassed over the course of an investigation. Which of the following statements is/are true regarding ‘conclusion?
I. This is a logical interpretation of what the facts in the report mean.
II. This is inappropriate in a report when you are not expected to supply it.
III. This suggests what ought to be done about the facts.
(a) Only (I) above

23. Negotiation can be handled in different ways and its outcome depends on the type of approach. A win-lose approach to negotiation is marked by which of the following?
(a) Savagery
(b) Harmony
(c) Competitiveness
(d) Laziness
(e) Discord.

24. Consider the following example and identify the category it belongs to from the options given.
Date : November 1, 2000
To : Kartheek Kapoor
Subject : Employee turnover data
At the meeting last December, you mentioned about employee turnover. Could you send me a copy? Thanks.
(a) A well organized memo
(b) A vague memo
(c) A clear memo
(d) A wordy memo
(e) An ambiguous memo.

25. Which of the following statements is/are true regarding the organization of information in well-written application letters?
I. Application letter always focuses on a central selling point.
II. The central selling point is introduced in the first or the second paragraph and stressed in the paragraphs that follow.
III. It is best to limit the application letter to one page and to four or five paragraphs.
(a) Only (I) above
(b) Only (II) above
(c) Both (I) and (II) above

26. Which of the following is true regarding the simplified block letter format?
(a) All lines in this format begin at the right margin
(b) Salutation is placed above the signature block
(c) The subject line is placed a double space above the inside address and a double space below the body
(d) Salutation and complimentary close are included
(e) All lines begin at the left margin.

27. A report can end in all the following ways, except with a/an
(a) Authorization
(b) Conclusion
(c) Summary
(d) Recommendation
(e) Review.

28. Negotiation can be handled in different ways. The outcome of a negotiation depends on the approach. The following are the different approaches to negotiation, except
(a) Bargaining orientation
(b) Compromise
(c) Lose-lose orientation
(d) Win-win orientation
(e) Manipulation.

29. Which of the following visual aids can be more dramatic than being meaningful?
(a) Pictograms
(b) Pie charts
(c) Line charts
(d) Flowcharts
(e) Bar charts.

30. Which of the following forms of listening involves judging the clarity, accuracy and reliability of the evidence that is presented, and being alert to the effects of emotional appeals?
(a) Active listening
(b) Critical listening
(c) Comprehensive listening
(d) Distinctive listening
(e) Passive listening.

Last edited by sumit; 7th April 2018 at 03:18 PM.