Go Back   2023 2024 MBA > MBA > Main Forum

Old 27th October 2016, 10:54 AM

Default ICFAI MBA Group E Question Papers Download

Discuss about icfai MBA group e question papers download here. Welcome to MBA.ind.in and this page is for icfai MBA group e question papers download discussion. If you are looking for icfai MBA group e question papers download then ask your question is as much details as possible in the “Quick Reply” box provided below. The more detailed your question will be, the more easy will it be for our experts to answers your query. And if you have any information on icfai MBA group e question papers download, then please share you knowledge with our viewers in the “Quick Reply” box. You knowledge can help many people. Thanks for stopping by at MBA.ind.in. Please visit again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 3rd April 2018, 09:08 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: icfai MBA group e question papers download

I want the question paper of MBA of Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts of India (ICFAI) University so will you please provide me?
Old 3rd April 2018, 09:09 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: icfai MBA group e question papers download

I am providing you the question paper of MBA of Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts of India (ICFAI) University

ICFAI University MBA question paper

IT & Systems (SMB109)

Answer all 100 questions.

Each question carries one mark.

1. Which of the following is the first device designed on the basis of stored program concept?
(a) ENIAC
(b) EDVAC
(c) UNIVAC
(d) LARC
(e) ENIVAC.
2. The first generation computers used ___________ as circuitry.
(a) Integrated circuits
(b) Microprocessors
(c) Transistors
(d) Vacuum tubes
(e) Microchips.
3. Which of the following statements is/are true regarding printers?
I. Printers produce hard copies of information on paper but not on transparencies.
II. Printers are connected to a computer through a printer cable.
III. Printers are generally categorized by the way they print characters.
(a) Only (I) above
(b) Only (II) above
(c) Both (I) and (II) above
(d) Both (I) and (III) above
(e) Both (II) and (III) above.
4. Based on technology, computers are classified into
(a) General purpose computers and special purpose computers
(b) Analog computers, digital computers and hybrid computers
(c) Supercomputers and mainframes
(d) Minicomputers and microcomputers
(e) Supercomputers and minicomputers.
5. Which of the following is not a supercomputer?
(a) CRAY3
(b) CRAYXMP
(c) PARAM 9000
(d) IBM AS/400
(e) PARAM 10000.
6. Which of the following statements is false regarding scanners?
(a) Scanners use Charge-Coupled Devices (CCDs) to digitize the image formed by a lens
(b) The image quality of handheld scanners is good as compared to flatbed scanners
(c) Sheet fed scanners draw in sheets by means of a roller mechanism
(d) Desktop scanners work on a single sheet of paper at a time
(e) Most of the scanners are equipped with Optical Character Recognition (OCR) software that automatically
decodes imaged text into a text file.
7. Which of the following statements is true about UNIX operating system?
(a) BSD4.x developed by AT&T is the only version of UNIX
(b) UNIX is compatible with different versions
(c) sec nd is the UNIX command used to login securely to remote node
(d) UNIX is user-friendly
(e) passwd is the UNIX command used to change password.
8. Which of the following statements is false about various user interfaces?
(a) Command-line user interface is a character-based user interface
(b) Menu-driven user interface is not very popular as it involves memorization of commands and their specific
syntax
(c) Graphical user interface is easy to use, but it makes heavy demand on the processor and slows down the
computer
(d) In 1980s, Apple Incorporation has released Macintosh line of computer systems featuring a GUI
(e) MS-DOS uses a default command-line interface.
9. Which of the following statements is/are true about various types of multi-tasking operating systems?
I. In cooperative multi-tasking operating system, OS allocates CPU time to all running processes.
II. In preemptive multi-tasking operating system, foreground program gains control of the CPU, retains this
control until the programs task is finished and then hands over the control of CPU to other programs.
III. In multi-threading operating system, users can work on one task in an application while the other tasks
keep running in the background.
(a) Only (II) above
(b) Only (III) above
(d) Both (I) and (III) above
(e) All (I), (II) and (III) above.
10. Which of the following statements are true about Novell NetWare operating system?
I. NetWare 3.11 has overcome the limitation of login authentication exchange.
II. The most significant feature of NetWare 5.1 is the ability to convert any type of server into a web server.
III. NetWare 6.x enables free access to the networked resources anytime and anywhere.
IV. NetWare Directory Services (NDS) was introduced in NetWare 6.x.
(a) Both (I) and (IV) above
(b) Both (II) and (III) above
(c) Both (II) and (IV) above
(d) (I), (III) and (IV) above
(e) (II), (III) and (IV) above.
11. In Mac OS X, aqua is the interface built on which of the following graphic technologies?
(a) Quartz, OpenGL, QuickTime
(b) Finder, System V, Quartz
(c) Finder, System V
(d) System V, QuickTime
(e) System V, OpenGL, Finder.
12. Information is used for specific purposes and affects decision-making at various levels in an organization. Based
on application, information is classified into
(a) Planning information, control information, and knowledge information
(b) Planning information, control information, and detailed information
(c) Control information, and summarized information
(d) Planning information, knowledge information, and detailed information
(e) Planning information, and summarized information.
13. Which of the following relate(s) to the information classification done by professor John Dearden?
I. Action and no-action information.
II. Internal and external information.
III. Formal and informal information.
(a) Only (II) above
(b) Both (I) and (II) above
(c) Both (I) and (III) above
(d) Both (II) and (III) above
14. Amita, an anthropologist, in course of her studies met several tribes across the world and based on their nature,
she interviewed them in order to learn about them. The information collected by this method is
(a) Summarized information
(b) Non-recurring information
(c) Qualitative information
(d) Control information
(e) Recurring information.
15. Individuals tend to exercise discretion over the content or distribution of information and this discretion may have
an adverse effect on the information transmitted. Which of the following is not a method by which discretion is
generally exercised?
(a) Message delay
(b) Modification or filtering
(c) Inference or uncertainty absorption
(d) Message routing
(e) Presentation bias.
16. Quality is subjective in nature and hence the parameters should be defined clearly in order to judge quality of
information. Which of the following parameters of quality refers to the usage of information and its suitability?
(a) Reliability
(b) Validity
(c) Consistency
(d) Age
(e) Impartiality.
17. In Microsoft-Excel, which of the following symbols locks a cell location to a fixed position?
(a) :
(b) ,
(c) .
(d) $
(e) &.
18. In spreadsheets, which of the following charts are used to express the relative percentage of each portion as a part
of the whole?
(a) Column charts
(b) Bar charts
(c) Scatter charts
(d) Line charts
(e) Pie charts.
19. In Microsoft-Excel, which of the following is not an information function?
(a) CELL
(b) ISLOGICAL
(c) INFO
(d) ISTEXT
(e) CLEAN.
20. In a Microsoft-Excel sheet, when the formula =2+3*5^3/5 is entered in a cell, the result would be
(a) 677
(b) 77
(c) 3125
(d) 125
(e) 75.4.
21. In a Microsoft-Excel sheet, suppose that the cells A1, A2, A3 contain data: 3, 7, 8 respectively and the cells B1,
B2, B3 contain data: 5, 6, 8 respectively. When the formula =SQRT(A1+B2) is applied in the cell C1, and
dragged to the subsequent cells C2 and C3, the result would be
(a) 3, 3, 3
(b) 3, 3.872, 3.872
(c) 3, 3.872, 2.828
(d) 3, 3.605, 3.741
(e) 3, 3.166, 1.732.
22. In a Microsoft-Excel sheet, while recording a macro, if Y is given as the shortcut key, then which of the
following commands would automatically fill the recorded macro in the current column?
(a) CTRL+Y
(b) SHIFT+Y
(c) ALT+Y
(d) CTRl+F2+Y
(e) SHIFT+F2+Y.
23. Which of the following statements is/are true about various protocols?
I. POP2 can be used with or without SMTP for sending messages.
II. IMAP is like a remote file server that allows the users to retain the mails on the server and organize them
in folders.
III. IMAP4 version provides a mechanism for a client to ask the server to search for messages meeting a
variety of criteria.
(a) Only (I) above
(b) Only (III) above
(d) Both (II) and (III) above
24. Which of the following is not an enterprise conferencing tool?
(a) Teleconferencing
(b) Discussion forum
(c) Internet relay chat
(d) Web publishing
(e) Electronic meeting system.
25. Which of the following statements is false about internet connectivity?
(a) Internet helps researchers to gather scientific related information
(b) In Internet, if a part of the network is damaged, the rest of the system would still work
(c) Internet using fiber-optic cables has low data carrying capacity than telephone lines
(d) Using Internet, monetary transactions can be done online, without using any physical currency
(e) The network developed by department of defense, USA, was called ARPANET and it inter-linked scientific
and academic researchers in the USA.
26. Venkat, a sales executive, was making a detailed report on the sales persons in Hyderabad and decided to
represent it in a Gantt chart for increased clarity. Which of the following work management tools would be useful
for his purpose?
(a) Calendaring and scheduling tool
(b) Task and project management tool
(c) Workflow systems
(d) Discussion forum
(e) Knowledge management system.
27. Which of the following statements is false about intranet connectivity?
(a) Intranet is highly secure to ensure that external users cannot access them
(b) Intranet uses internet network connectivity using TCP/IP
(c) Intranet is a private computer network which is designed for internal use within the organization
(d) Intranet is similar to internet in terms of hardware and software used
(e) Intranet does not require expending of funds and add-on staff.
28. Management reporting systems are information systems that provide support to the management of an
organization by providing them with various types of reports. Which of the following statements is false about
such reports?
(a) Push reports are the reports that are sent to the networked workstation of the managers
(b) Push reports are alternatively termed as adhoc reports
(c) Managers use queries and report generators for demand reports and responses
(d) Daily sales report is an example of periodic scheduled report
(e) Exception reports are not generated on a regular basis.
29. Nandita, an Economist in a MNC, was asked by the sales manager to provide the details about sales and
purchasing power of the customers which were affected by a repeated change in the price of a product. Which of
the following types of analytical modeling will be helpful to Nandita?
(a) Value analysis
(b) Sensitivity analysis
(c) Goal seeking analysis
(d) Optimization analysis
(e) Time-series analysis.
30. The main task of Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) is to transform relational or non-relational data into
highly explorable structures called
(a) Power Cubes
(b) Modules
(c) Clusters
(d) Blocks
(e) Entities.

Contact-

ICFAI University
65, Nagarjuna Hills, Punjagutta, Mothi Nagar, Nagarjuna Hills, Punjagutta, Hyderabad, Telangana 500082