Go Back   2023 2024 MBA > MBA > Main Forum

Old 8th July 2017, 02:21 PM
Unregistered

Default IIM Bangalore WAT PI Experiences

This year, I have selected for admission at IIM Bangalore. I have selected for WAT PI Round. I want to start preparation for WAT PI Round, so please provide interview questions that are asked by IIM Bangalore in past years? Can anyone share his / her Experience?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 8th July 2017, 02:26 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: IIM Bangalore WAT PI Experiences

As you want interview questions for WAT PI Round for admission at IIM Bangalore, so I am providing important questions:

IMPORTANT INTERVIEW QUESTIONS:
Work Related Questions
How do you think the company that you are in doing? Are you aware how it is doing financially?
If you were to recommend changes to your current company as a consultant, what would they be and why?
What was your last project about? How do you think it would benefit the customers?

General Knowledge Questions

Do you know Demand-Supply Law in Economics? Explain.
Have you read the latest budget? What are key highlights of the budget? Profs may take one highlight and ask you to explain the benefits of it.
Why has the Indian IT Industry grown significantly in the past decade? What factors have contributed to it?
Do you know about the 2G scam? Do you agree with it being a scam? Do you think auctioning a countrys natural resources are best for the people of the country? Why?

Hobbies & Interest based Questions
Which is your favourite book? Detailed inquiries about the book?
If you say you like to travel, which is your favourite location? Details about tourist spots around your current location

Here I am sharing interview experience of student of IIM Bangalore:

P2: So why do you want to leave all your science-y stuff and come here to learn how to sell toothpaste?

Me: I don’t plan to go into marketing, sir. I want to gain a basic knowledge of the various aspects of running a business. I want to build my own company, and once it’s set up, I would like to handle some of the technical aspects.

P2: What sort of company?

Me: *described my idea and plan of action in detail*

P2: You seem to have everything figured out. What do you need an MBA for? Go ahead and build your startup right now.

Me: Sir, at the moment I don’t have a deep enough understanding of how businesses and markets work. I think an MBA will teach me the basics… *interrupted*

P2: Do you think we teach entrepreneurship here?

Me: Not exactly, sir, but the course content is very relevant to someone who wants to start a business. IIMB also has the NSR cell that helps entrepreneurs… *interrupted*

P2: Name some of the startups in India.

Me: Flipkart, Paytm, Ola Cabs… *interrupted*

P2: Do you know anything about the founders of these companies?

Me: I know their names sir. Sachin Bansal founded… *interrupted*

P2: How many of them have MBAs?

Me: None of them do, I think. They are all engineers.

P2: Do you think they had sufficient knowledge about how to run businesses?

Me: I’m not sure sir… they might have got other people to handle the business while they tackled the coding part.

P2: Exactly. They handled the “technical” part.

Me: …

P1: We’re done. Have a nice day.

Last edited by shikha; 8th July 2017 at 02:42 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message