Go Back   2023 2024 MBA > MBA > Main Forum

Old 10th May 2017, 10:41 AM
Unregistered

Default Mumbai University Biotechnology Department

I have taken admission at Mumbai University recently in M.SC Biotechnology Course. I need list of faculty members of Department of Biotechnology, so tell me from where I can get list of all faculty members of Department of Biotechnology of Mumbai University? Also provide syllabus of M.SC Course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10th May 2017, 10:59 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Mumbai University Biotechnology Department

Here I am giving complete list of all faculty members of Department of Biotechnology of Mumbai University for your reference:

Mumbai University Department of Biotechnology Faculty List

Dr Mrs Varsha Kelkar-Mane Assistant Professor
Dr Rath Archana Assistant Professor
Dr Abhishek Mane Visiting faculty
Dr S. Saluja Visiting faculty
Dr Mrs Yeragi Visiting faculty
Dr R.S. Shetty Visiting faculty
Ms Priyanka Kambli Visiting faculty
Ms Jessy Mariam Visiting faculty
Dr Bhupendra Pushkar Assistant Professor I/c Head
Mr Vishram Vaidya Visiting faculty
Dr Prasad Karnik Visiting faculty
Dr S. Yeragi Visiting faculty
Dr Suruchi Jamkhedkar Visiting faculty

As you want syllabus of M.SC Biotechnology Program, so here I am providing complete syllabus:

Mumbai University M.SC Biotechnology Syllabus

PSBT101 Biochemistry

Unit I
Proteins :
Primary structure of proteins and their determination – end group analysis; cleavage of disulphide bond; separation, purification, characterization of polypeptide chain; specific peptide cleavage reactions.
Secondary structure – Ramachandran plot, helical structure, beta structure;
Tertiary structure- fibrous (Collagen) and globular (Myoglobin) structure. Protein stability, protein denaturation. Quaternary structure – (Haemoglobin) subunit interaction, symmetry, subunit composition determination

Unit II
Signal transduction Cell signalling pathways that control gene activity- TGF-Beta and
activation of Smads: Regulation of TGF-Beta by negative feedback loops. Cancer and loss of TGF-Beta signalling,

Unit III
Lipids Lipoproteins – structure, function, disorders and dysfunction in Alzheimer’s disease.

Unit IV
Neurochemistry Anatomy and functions of neuron, organization of brain, neuronal
pathways and systems, propagation of nerve impulse, ion conducting channels, synapses and gap junction, neurotransmitters, neurotoxins

PSBT102 Immunochemistry
Unit I
Immunoglobulins Hematopoiesis, Immunoglobulin fine structure, Immunoglobulin
superfamily ,Multigene organization of Ig gene, Variable region gene rearrangement, Generation of antibody diversity, Class switching among constant region. Synthesis, assembly, and secretion of immunoglobulins

Unit II
Complement system Activation, Regulation, Biological consequence of complement
activation, Complement deficiency

Unit III
MHC and Regulation of immune response Cellular distribution of MHC molecule, Antigen processing and presentation – exogenous and endogenous antigen processing. Self - MHC restriction of T cells. Presentation of non-peptide antigens. Activation of B and T lymphocytes, T-cell regulation.

Unit IV
Cytokines
Properties, receptors, antagonists, diseases, therapeutic use of cytokines

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Mumbai University M.SC Biotechnology Syllabus.pdf (121.5 KB, 46 views)

Last edited by shikha; 10th May 2017 at 11:02 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message