Go Back   2023 2024 MBA > MBA > Main Forum

Old 21st January 2013, 12:31 PM
zameerulla khan

Default NITIE interview questions

Which type question asking in job interview of National Institute of Industrial Engineering because I want to do apply for job in this institute so ask you about asking question in its job interview so ask you about this
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 22nd January 2013, 10:42 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: NITIE interview questions

The Interview questions for the NITIE are as here:

Q. How did you prepare for the interview?
A. Went through last years GDPI experiences. Introspected about myself, SWOT analysis.

Q. How many interview calls did you get and from which institutes? How many and which ones of these could you actually convert to a Final Call?
A. Calls: IIM C, I, K, NITIE, MDI
Converted: NITIE, MDI.

Q. Date and location of Interview. Were you given the option to choose? Was the interview date fixed or rescheduled couple of times. Was the interview venue changed or scheduled as per your convenience?
A. 19th march, NITIE, Mumbai
Option to reschedule it to one of the days out of 17-20th march window. I didn't reschedule mine.

Q. Can you tell us about the panel that interviewed you?
A. 6 panelists (Faculties). People from different streams of graduation and different specializations. Atleast one person was expert on anything I said or had done.

Q. How long was your interview?
A. 20 minutes.

Q. What kind of questions were you asked? Were they specific to any particular area?
A. General awareness, opinion oriented, technical, work-related, about GD performance, final year project.

Q. What was the first question? The most interesting question? The most difficult question?
A. About India's current in an ongoing test match, discussion about inflation, technical question.

Q. While facing the panel, were you confident, did you feel prepared?
A. Not too confident, but the panel eased the nerves by starting with cricket.

Q. Write a brief about your Interview experience.
A. After I entered, there were simply too many panelists, something that made me slightly nervous. A male professor asked me if I am following the ongoing test match, something that kind of relaxed me. After this questions were about my work, technical questions, about my hobbies, about business news I am following, any magazines, articles from that, and finally about B-Tech final year project. The panel was interested in discussing rather than stressing people out.

Q. Was any feedback given to you? What feedback did you receive from the panel at the end of session?
A. No feedback.

Q. How would you rate your performance in the Interview?
A. 7.

Q. Areas where you could have performed better in your interview?
A. Answers to technical questions.

Q. Give some handy tips regarding interview that would be of great help to MBA aspirants.
A. Be confident, don't let the nerves show. Be prepared for technical questions, you can't dodge them. Read newspapers of atleast a week before your interviews, you never know which news they might be interested in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message