Go Back   2023 2024 MBA > MBA > Main Forum

Old 28th January 2013, 11:38 AM
debayan

Default process of admission in chartered accountant

Hello Sir I have completed my 12th class from Commerce Stream and now I am looking for CA but I don’t know the process of taking Admission so can you please suggest me the process of Admission in CA?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 29th January 2013, 10:29 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: process of admission in chartered accountant

It is a good sign for you that you have completed your 12th class from Commerce stream because it is required in CA

Let me tell you the steps by which you can take Admission in CA

Basically ICAI decides the admission process for CA because it is the head of CA in our country the exam for CA is been held on three stages

By the way let me explain that what are those 3 stages first stage is common proficiency test known as CPT, another is IPCC i.e. integrated professional competence course and final is C.A. Final exams.

A candidate who is in 10th class can register for CPT but the exam would be after 12th standard .It is an entry level test. The test contains two sessions. In every session there are 2 exams.

Session I:
Section A: Fundamentals of accounting
Section B: Mercantile Law

Session II:
Section C: General Economics
Section D: Quantitative Aptitude

The required marks for passing is 50% and the student only can use scientific calculator not the normal calculator.

A student has to register himself for IPCC just after CPT pass. There must be a gap of nine month between exams of IPCC the student can give the exam only after nine months it is must follow condition. The IPCC examinations are held twice a year in the month of May and November. This is also divided in 2 groups.

Group I:
Paper1:Accounting
Paper2:Law,Ethics and communication
Paper3:Cost accounting and financial management
Paper4:Taxation

Group II:
Paper5:Advanced Accounting
Paper6:Auditing and Assurance
Paper7:Information Technology and Strategic Management

The level of knowledge is working knowledge.

One can undergo for one or both groups. To clear exams minimum passing marks are total 50% in each group and 40% in each paper. After passing group1 if you don’t want to study further in that case. They are awarded with Accountant Technician certificate to those candidates who don’t want to study further

When you clear group I then you have to register for practical training. It is given by a practicing C.A. ATC requires one year training and for CA three year training is required

When your training is complete you can appear in C.A. final exams. There is some provision also to give exams in last 6months of training. C.A. final exams contains following subjects.

Group I:
Paper1:Financial Reporting
Paper2:Strategic Financial Management
Paper3:Advanced Auditing and Professional Ethics
Paper4:Corporate and Allied Law

Group II:
Paper5:Advanced Management Accounting
Paper6:Information System control and Audit
Paper7irect Tax Laws
Paper8:Indirect Tax Laws

50% is minimum here also in a single group and minimum 40% in each subject. After clearing both group of final there is a 15 days special training on GMCS i.e. general management and communication skills.

At last you can be the member of ICAI and you will be called as Charted Accountant

Hence these are the steps by which you can become CA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message