Go Back   2023 2024 MBA > MBA > Main Forum

Old 6th October 2016, 10:37 AM
Unregistered

Default Puzzles Asked In CAT Exam

I wan to prepare the puzzle questions for CAT exam .Would you please give here sample Puzzle questions for Common Aptitude Test (CAT) ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 6th October 2016, 11:33 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Puzzles Asked In CAT Exam

As per your request here I am giving you sample Puzzle questions for Common Aptitude Test (CAT) .

CAT Exam Puzzle Questions:

Maninder and Prashant met at a party. Maninder asked Prashant about his age. Prashant did not reply directly and said two days before from tomorrow, I was 25 years old and next year I will be of 27. Maninder got confused and left the conversation. Can you figure out the date of birth of Prashant? Assume that the current year is 2013

The Sharma family consists of the following in terms of relationships:
1 grandfather, 1 grandmother, 2 fathers, 2 mothers, 4 children, 3 grandchildren, 1 brother, 2 sisters, 2 sons, 2 daughters, 1 father-in-law, 1 mother-in-law, and 1 daughter-in-law.
If we bring a count to this, this becomes Twenty-three people.
But are there really 23 individuals in the family? We think there are seven. Can you show how?

Lady 1: “And was he related to you, dear?”
Lady 2: “Oh, yes. You see, that man’s mother was my mother’s mother-in-law, but he is not on speaking terms with my papa.”
Lady 1: “Oh, indeed!”.
What is the relationship of the man to lady 2?

Now, then, Mahesh, how old is Migo?” Anupama’s young man asked her brother.
“Well, five years ago,” was the youngster’s reply, “sister was four times older than the dog, but now she is only three times as old.” Can you tell Migo’s age?

Pranav: “Do you know, when the Singhs married eighteen years ago Mr. Singh was three times as old as his wife, and to-day he is just twice as old as she?”
Priyanka: “Then how old was Mrs. Singh on the wedding day?”
Can you answer Priyanka’s question?

Three boys were given a bag of candies as a Diwali present, and it was agreed that they should be divided in proportion to their ages, which together amounted to 17½ years. Now the bag contained 770 candies, and as often as Atish took four Pranav took three, and as often as Atish took six Maninder took seven.
Your task: Find out how many canides each had, and what were the boys’ respective ages.

Mr. and Mrs. Singh have fifteen children, all born at intervals of one year and a half. Miss Simran Singh, the eldest, had an objection to state her age to the census man, but she admitted that she was just seven times older than little Maninder, the youngest of all. What was Simran’s age?
Avoid haste to solve this rather innocent looking puzzle, lest you make an inadvertent blunder.

The Singhs recently were visited by their favourite uncle, who had landed from America. The parents displayed all the five kids. First in line was Bunny and then can Geet. When the uncle asked how old they were, Mr. Singh said that the boy was exactly twice as old as the girl. Then in walked Harpreet, who told that the combined age of Geet and herself was twice that of Bunny. Then the next kid, Chatur came running in and all excited (possibly on account of the fact that he might receive some gifts), and the mother of the kids remarked that the combined ages of the two boys were exactly twice the combined ages of the two girls. The Uncle has barely absorbed all these facts when Jaspreet entered the room and announced, “Uncle you have actually arrived on my 21st birthday”. To this fact, Mr. Singh finally added: “The combined ages of my three girls is exactly equal to twice the combined ages of my two boys”. What were the ages of the kids, according to these facts provided to the uncle of the kids?

Tez Singh recently joined a new school. On the first day, his class teacher asked his age. Tez, being a cheeky boy, replied: “Ma’am, when I was born, my sister Ananti was one-quarter the age of our mother, and presently she is one-third the age of my father”. The teacher, a little flustered, said “I want your age, not the age of your family members”. Tez singh , in his inimical style, replied, “I am one-fourth of my mother’s present age, and in four years, i will be one-fourth the age of my father. Now Ma’am, if you are a real maths teacher, you should be able to figure out my precise age”. Was the teacher able to guess the age, and in case she was, what is Tez Singh’s age?

Maninder: Kaval, do you have any children?
Kaval: Yes, I am blessed with three demons.
Maninder: How old are these blessed demons?
Kaval: Well, Maninder, the product of their ages is 36,
Maninder: Now that doesn’t help much. Any more clues?
Kaval: Two of them are the same age as the even number of equal pizza slices we have each had. You should be able to figure it out now at least.
Maninder: Can I have one more clue?
Kaval: Well, the oldest always wears a blue dress.
Can Maninder do it, and if he can, what is the age of the three kids?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message