Go Back   2023 2024 MBA > MBA > Main Forum

Old 3rd November 2016, 11:32 AM
Unregistered

Default RBI Exam

Hi I want to prepare for the RBI Grade B Exam so can you please tell me the eligibility and the exam pattern so I can have an idea???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 3rd November 2016, 12:07 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: RBI Exam

Well the dates for the RBI Grade B Exam has not been declared by the RBI but soon it will recruit for this kind of post

Eligibility

A Minimum of 60% marks (50% in case of SC/ST/PWD) or equivalent in Bachelor’s Degree as well as in 12th and 10th standard examinations.

Age Criteria and Age Relaxation in upper age limit

(i) The present age criteria of “Between 21 to 30 years” will be retained.

(ii) For M. Phil an
d Ph. D candidates the upper age limit will be 32 and 34 years, respectively.

RBI Syllabus

RBI Grade B Officer (DR) Exam Syllabus 2016:-

1. English (Writing Skills):

The paper on English shall be framed in a manner to assess the writing skills including expression and understanding of the topic.

2. Economic and social Issues:

Growth and Development – Measurement of growth: National Income and per capita income – Poverty Alleviation and Employment Generation in India – Sustainable Development and Environmental issues. Economic Reforms in India – Industrial and Labour Policy – Monetary and Fiscal Policy – Privatization – Role of Economic Planning. Globalization – Opening up of the Indian Economy – Balance of Payments, Export-Import Policy – International Economic Institutions – IMF and World Bank – WTO – Regional Economic Co-operation. Social Structure in India – Multiculturalism – Demographic Trends – Urbanization and Migration – Gender Issues – Social Justice : Positive Discrimination in favor of the under privileged – Social Movements – Indian Political System – Human Development – Social Sectors in India, Health and Education.

RBI Grade B Officers (DR) Pattern:-

(i) Examination will consist of two phases, viz. - Phase-I & Phase-II followed by interview.

(ii) Phase-I examination will be objective type with Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs). The Phase-I examination will continue as per the existing Phase-I examination for Grade-‘B’ (DR). There are four modules in Phase-I, viz.- General Awareness, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning.

(iii) Phase-II examinations will consist of three papers in MCQ pattern (except Paper-I) – viz. Paper-I on English (writing skills); Paper-II – Economic & Social Issues and Paper-III – (optional subjects) – Finance & Management/ Economics/ Statistics.

(iv) Candidates will be required to write all the papers online.

(v) Only successful candidates of Phase-I will appear for Phase-II examination on a later date.

(vi) Based on the results of Phase-II examinations candidates will be shortlisted for interview.

(vii) Final selection will be through merit lists which will be prepared by adding marks secured by candidates in Phase-II (Paper-I + Paper-II + Paper-III) and Interview.

B. Duration of Examinations and Distribution of Marks

(i) Phase-I : Objective Type - 2 hours - 200 marks

(ii) Phase-II: Three Papers - 300 marks

Paper-I – online- English-( writing skills)- 1½ hours - 100 marks Paper-II – Economic and Social Issues – 1½ hours – 100 marks Paper-III - Optional Paper (Finance & Management/ Economics/ Statistics) – 1½ hours - 100 marks

(iii) Interview: 50 marks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in