Go Back   2023 2024 MBA > MBA > Main Forum

Old 24th October 2016, 06:26 PM
Unregistered

Default RGPV CSE 6th Sem Syllabus

I want the syllabus of B.E Computer Science And Engineering 6th semester of Rajiv Gandhi Proudyogiki Vishwavidyalaya so can you provide me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 25th October 2016, 09:16 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: RGPV CSE 6th Sem Syllabus

Ok, here I am providing you the syllabus of B.E Computer Science And Engineering 6th semester of Rajiv Gandhi Proudyogiki Vishwavidyalaya

RGPV B.E CSE 6th semester syllabus-

B.E 6th Sem CSE Latest Syllabus Here

Branch: Computer Science and Engineering VI Semester

Course: CS 601 Micro Processor and Interfacing

UNIT –I

Evolution of microprocessor, single chip micro computers, Micro processor Application,
Microprocessor and its architecture, addressing modes, instruction, Instruction sets,
Arithmetic and Logic Instruction, Program control instruction, Introduction – 8086 family,
procedure and macros, connection , Timing and Trouble shooting interrupt, 80286,
80836 and 80486 micro processor system concept.

UNIT – II

Microprocessor Cycle, AIU, Timing and control Unit, Register data, Address bus, Pin
Configuration, Intel 8086 instruction, Opcode and operands, limitation word size.
Programming the microprocessor Assembly language, The Pentium and Pentium Pro
Micro Processor with features, Pentium II, Pentium III and Pentium – IV Microprocessor
with software changes. Instruction set for Intel 8086, Introduction Intimation and data
formats, Addressing modes, Status flags, Symbols and abbreviations, programming of
microprocessors, Assembly language, high level language, areas of application of
various languages, Stacks, Sub routines system, software, commands in assembly
language, software Development, Debugging program, Modular programming,
Structured programming, Top-down, Bottom- up design , MACRO micro-programming

UNIT-III

Assembly language programming with Examples like Addition of 8/16-bit Binary
number, subtraction of 8/16 bit binary number, Address partitioning, addressing mode,
type of addressing mode, memory and I/o interfacing, Data transfer schemes,
Interfacing device and I/o devices I/o ports, Basic I/o Interfacing MDS, Micro controllers,
I/o processor and co- processors ,Microcomputer Development system, Single chip
micro computers, intel 8748 intel 8051, inter 8096, intel 8049intel 2920/2921, I/o
processor UPI-425,UPI-41,42, Co-processor, math processor math co-processor –
8087, 80287, 80387DX 803875x.

UNIT –IV

Bus Interface I/o port Addressing, decoding 8279, Programmable key board/display
interface, 8254 Internal Timer, 16550 programmable communication interface A/D,
8259A Programmable Interrupt Controller, 8237 DMA Controller, Shared bus operation,
disk Memory system Video display. ISA Bus, Extended ISA ( EISA) and VESA Local
Buses, Peripheral Component Inter Connect (Pc I) Bus, Parallel Printer interface (LPT)
Universal serial Bus (USB) Accelerated graphics port (AGP),Programmable
Communication interfere 8251 VSART CRT Controller 8275, 6854, Floppy disk
Controller 8272, I/o processor 8089.

UNIT – V

Memory Unit, RAM,SRAM, DRAM,ROM, PROM EPROM, EEPROM Nonvolatile RAM
semiconductor Technology for memory, Shift register, Magnetic Memory, Tap, disc,
main memory and secondary memory cache memory, program memory and Data
Memory, Real and virtual memory Buses, memory Addressing capacity of CPU,
processing speed of computer.

Course: CS 602 Principles Of Programming Languages

UNIT-I

Language Evaluation Criteria, influences on Language design, Language categories,
Programming Paradigms – Imperative, Object Oriented, functional Programming , Logic
Programming. Programming Language Implementation – Compilation and Virtual Machines,
programming environments. Issues in Language Translation: Syntax, Semantics, Stages,
analysis and synthesis, Parse Tree, CFG and BNF grammar.

UNIT-II

Data types: Introduction, primitive, character, user defined, array, associative, record, union,
pointer and reference types, design and implementation uses related to these types. Names
,Variable, concept of binding, type checking, strong typing, type compatibility, named
constants, variable initialization. Sequence control with Expressions, Conditional
Statements, Loops, Exception handling.

UNIT-III

Subprograms and Blocks: Fundamentals of sub-programs, Scope and lifetime of variable,
static and dynamic scope, Design issues of subprograms and operations, local referencing
environments, parameter passing methods, overloaded sub-programs, generic subprograms,
design issues for functions overloaded operators, co routines.

UNIT-IV

Abstract Data types: Abstractions and encapsulation, introductions to data abstraction,
Static and Stack-Based Storage management. heap based storage management. Garbage
Collection.object oriented programming in small talk, C++, Java, C#, PHP, Perl .
Concurrency: Subprogram level concurrency, semaphores, monitors, massage passing,
Java threads, C# threads.

UNIT – V

Exception handling, Exceptions, exception Propagation, Exception handler in C++ and
Java. Logic Programming Language : Introduction and overview of logic programming,
basic elements of prolog, application of logic programming. Functional Programming
Languages: Introduction, fundamentals. Introduction to 4GL.

Course: CS 6516/ CS603 Software Engineering & Project Management

Unit I

The Software Product and Software Process:
Software Product and Process Characteristics, Software Process Models: Linear
Sequential Model, Prototyping Model, RAD Model, Evolutionary Process Models like
Incremental Model, Spiral Model, Component Assembly Model, RUP and Agile
processes. Software Process customization and improvement, CMM, Product and
Process Metrics

Unit II

Requirement Elicitation, Analysis, and Specification
Functional and Non-functional requirements, Requirement Sources and Elicitation
Techniques, Analysis Modeling for Function-oriented and Object-oriented software
development, Use case Modeling, System and Software Requirement Specifications,
Requirement Validation, Traceability

Unit III:

Software Design
The Software Design Process, Design Concepts and Principles, Software Modeling and
UML, Architectural Design, Architectural Views and Styles, User Interface Design,
Function-oriented Design, SA/SD Component Based Design, Design Metrics

Unit IV:

Software Analysis and Testing
Software Static and Dynamic analysis, Code inspections, Software Testing
Fundamentals, Software Test Process, Testing Levels, Test Criteria, Test Case Design,
Test Oracles, Test Techniques, Black-Box Testing, White-Box Unit Testing and Unit
Testing Frameworks, Integration Testing, System Testing and other Specialized
Testing, Test Plan, Test Metrics, Testing Tools. , Introduction to Object-oriented
analysis, design and comparison with structured software engg.

Unit V:

Software Maintenance & Software Project Measurement
Need and Types of Maintenance, Software Configuration Management (SCM), Software
Change Management, Version Control, Change control and Reporting, Program
Comprehension Techniques, Re-engineering, Reverse Engineering, Tool Support.
Project Management Concepts, Feasilibility Analysis, Project and Process Planning,
Resources Allocations, Software efforts, Schedule, and Cost estimations, Project
Scheduling and Tracking, Risk Assessment and Mitigation, Software Quality Assurance.

Course: CS 6515/ CS604 Computer Networking

Unit I

Computer Network: Definitions, goals, components, structure, Architecture,
Classifications & types, Growth, Complexity and applications etc. Layered Architecture:
Protocol hierarchy, Connection Oriented & Connectionless Services, Service permative
Design issues & its functionality. ISO-OSI Reference Model: Principle, Model,
Descriptions of various layers and its comparison with TCP/IP. Network standardization.
Examples of Networks: Telecommunication Network, Corporate Networks, Connection
oriented network i.e., X.25, Frame relay & ATM, Wireless LAN 802.11, internet, Intranet,
Extranet, SNA & DNA etc.

Unit II

Data Link Layer: Need, Services Provided, Framing & its methods, Flow Control, Error
control. DLL Protocol: Elementary & Sliding Window. Piggybacking & Pipelining.
Protocol verification: Finite State Machine Models & Petri net models. Example in Data
Link Layers: HDLC & Internet. Comparison of BISYNC and HDLC Features. Bridges
and layer-2 switches

Unit III

MAC Sub layer: Static & Dynamic channel allocation, Media access control for LAN &
WAN. Classification of MAC Sub layer protocol, Study of various collision, Collision free
& limited contention protocol i.e., ALOHA : pure, slotted , CSMA, CSMA/CD,CSMA/CA,
Bit Map, Binary count down, BRAP, MLMA, Adaptive tree walk & urn protocol etc. IEEE
802 standards for LAN & MAN & their comparison. Ethernet: Cabling, Binary
exponentials algorithms, performance fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, FDDI. Wireless
LANs, Broadband Wireless, Bluetooth: Architecture, Application & Layering.

UNIT – IV

Network Layer: Need, Services Provided , Design issues, Routing algorithms: Least
Cost Routing algorithm, Dijkstra's algorithm, Bellman-ford algorithm, Hierarchical
Routing, Broadcast Routing, Multicast Routing, Routing for mobile hosts, Routing in Ad
Hoc Networks Routing Strategies, Congestion Control Algorithms: General Principles of
Congestion control, Prevention Policies, Congestion Control in Virtual-Circuit Subnets,
Congestion Control in Datagram subnets. IP protocol, IP Addresses, Comparative study
of IPv4 & IPv6, Mobile IP.

Unit V

Processes to Processes Delivery – Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) - User
Datagram Protocol, Data Traffic, Congestion Control and Quality of Service, Techniques
to improve QOS, Integrated Services, and Differentiated Services. Network Security:
Cryptography, Message Security, Digital Signature, User Authentication, Key
Management, Security Protocols in Internet ,DNS,SMTP, FTP, HTTP, WWW, Virtual
Terminal Protocol, VoIP: Basic IP Telephone System,H.323 Characteristic & Layering,
SIP Characteristics, Method & Sessions.

Course: CS 605 Advance Computer Architecture

Unit-I

Flynn’s Classification, System Attributes to Performance, Parallel computer models -
Multiprocessors and multicomputers, Multivector and SIMD Computers. Data and resource
dependences,Hardware and software parallelism,Program partitioning and scheduling,
Grain size and latency, Control flow, data flow and Demand driven mechanisms. Static
interconnection networks,Dynamic interconnection Networks: Bus Systems, Crossbar
Switch, Multiport Memory, Multistage and Combining Networks

Unit- II

Instruction set architecture, CISC Scalar Processors , RISC Scalar Processors, VLIW
architecture, Memory Hierarchy, Inclusion, Coherence and Locality, Memory capacity
planning. Interleaved memory organization- memory interleaving, pipelined memory access,
Bandwidth and Fault Tolerance. Backplane Bus System :Backplane bus specification,
Addressing and timing protocols, Arbitration transaction and interrupt.

Unit-III

Linear pipeline processor, Nonlinear pipeline processor, Instruction pipeline design,
Mechanisms for instruction pipelining, pipeline hazards, Dynamic instruction scheduling -
score boarding and Tomosulo’s algorithm, Branch handling techniques, Arithmetic Pipeline
Design, Static arithmetic pipeline, Multifunctional arithmetic pipelines. Superscaler pipeline
design, Super pipeline processor design.

Unit-IV

Cache coherence, Snoopy protocols, Directory based protocols. Message routing schemes
in multicomputer network, deadlock and virtual channel. Vector Processing Principles,
Vector instruction types, Vector-access memory schemes. Vector supercomputer
architecture, SIMD organization: distributed memory model and shared memory model.
Principlesof Multi-threading: Multithreading Issues and Solutions, Multiple-Context
Processors

Unit-V

Parallel Programming Models, Shared-Variable Model, Message-Passing Model, Data-
Parallel Model, Object-Oriented Model, Functional and Logic Models, Parallel Languages
and Compilers, Language Features for Parallelism, Parallel Programming Environment,
Software Tools and Environments.

Contact-

Rajiv Gandhi Proudyogiki Vishwavidyalaya
Airport Bypass Road, Gandhi Nagar, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh 462036
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message