Go Back   2023 2024 MBA > MBA > Main Forum

Old 1st October 2016, 10:02 AM
Unregistered

Default RTOS VTU Syllabus

Can you provide me the RTOS or Real Time Operating Systems syllabus for Electronics & Communication (ECE) 8 Sem 2010 Scheme of VTU (Visvesvaraya Technological University)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1st October 2016, 11:45 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: RTOS VTU Syllabus

The RTOS or Real Time Operating Systems syllabus for Electronics & Communication (ECE) 8 Sem 2010 Scheme of VTU (Visvesvaraya Technological University is as follows:

Part A

Unit-1 Introduction to Real-Time Embedded Systems 6 hours

Brief history of Real Time Systems, A brief history of Embedded Systems

Unit-2 System Resources

Resource Analysis, Real-Time Service Utility,Scheduling Classes, The Cyclic Esecutive, Scheduler Concepts, Preemptive Fixed Priority Scheduling Policies, Real-Time OS, Thread Safe Reentrant Functions.

Unit-3 Processing

Preemptive Fixed-Priority Policy, Feasibility, Rate Montonic least upper bound, Necessary and Sufficient feasibility, Deadline – Monotonic Policy, Dynamic priority policies.

Unit-4 I/O Resources, Memory

I/O Resources:Worst-case Execution time, Intermediate I/O, Execution efficiency, I/O Architecture. Memory:Physical hierarchy, Capacity and allocation, Shared Memory, ECC Memory, Flash filesystems.

Part B

Unit-5 Multiresource Services Soft Real-Time Services

Multiresource Services:Blocking, Deadlock and livestock, Critical sections to protect shared resources, priority inversion. Soft Real-Time Services:Missed Deadlines, QoS, Alternatives to rate monotonic policy, Mixed hard and soft real-time services.

Unit-6 Embedded System Components Debugging Components

Embedded System Components:Firmware components, RTOS system software mechanisms, Software application components. Debugging Components:Execptions assert, Checking return codes, Single-step debugging, kernel scheduler traces, Test access ports, Trace ports, Power-On self test and diagnostics, External test equipment, Application-level debugging.

Unit-7 Performance Tuning

Basic concepts of drill-down tuning, hardware – supported profiling and tracing, Building performance monitoring into software, Path length, Efficiency, and Call frequency, Fundamental optimizations.

Unit-8 High availability and Reliability Design

High availability and Reliability Design:Reliability and Availability, Similarities and differences, Reliability, Reliable software, Available software, Design trade offs, Hierarchical applications for Fail-safe design. Design of RTOS – PIC microcontroller.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message