Go Back   2023 2024 MBA > MBA > Main Forum

Old 27th February 2020, 09:06 PM
Unregistered

Default SMU Assignment Sample

I am looking for SMU (Sikkim Manipal University) MBA Sample Assignment, so would you plz provide me same here , as my friend asking me about the same ??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2nd March 2020, 08:21 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: SMU Assignment Sample

As you are looking for SMU (Sikkim Manipal University) MBA Sample Assignment, so on your demand I am providing same here :

Q.1 Explain the Definition and Importance of ‘management’.

Answer:
Definitions of Management:

According to Harold Koontz, “Management is an art of getting things done through and with people in formally organised groups. It is an art of creating an environment in which people can perform as individuals and can cooperate towards the attainment of group goals”.

According to F.W. Taylor, “Management is an art of knowing what to do, when to do, and see that it is done in the best and cheapest way”.

Importance of Management:
From the definition, we can derive the importance of management. If you see the definition and carefully read the case, we find that management is important because of the following reasons:

➢ Reduces costs – It gets maximum results by using minimum input through proper planning. You saw how Green Path uses physical, human, and financial resources in such a manner that it creates great results at low costs. Management is about cost reduction.
➢ Establishes sound organization – No overlapping of efforts (smooth and coordinated functions) is an important lesson from the case. You saw how the service staff moved around with calmness and rendered the service smoothly which avoided all duplication of effort and perhaps how they covered each other’s deficiency in service through teamwork.

➢ Establishes equilibrium – It enables the organization to survive in a changing environment. Green Path was able to see the new era coming with its focus on environment and social responsibility. It keeps in touch with the changing environment. It changes to the demand of market/changing the needs of societies and becomes responsible for growth and survival of organization.

➢ Essentials for prosperity of society – Efficient management leads to better economical production and also increases the economic, social, and general welfare of the people. Good management makes a difficult task easier and more importantly, avoids wastage of scarce resources. It improves the standard of living.

➢ It helps in achieving group goals –This is about achieving the goals set, i.e., smooth expansion. For Example, GreenPath Hotels was on expansion and to create the capacity for service, they had hired more people and were training them in one place so that when the new hotels are opened, these trained men can go there and be productive from day one.

➢ Optimum utilization of resources – For Example, GreenPath could have avoided hiring these people in advance and thus saved money but then if they had hired them late, these resources would not have been ready to render the service and would probably have earned a bad name in those initially. So there is a trade-off between maintaining the brand name and the service quality and hiring in advance and bearing the cost.

SMU (Sikkim Manipal University) MBA Sample Assignment

Attached Files
File Type: doc SMU (Sikkim Manipal University) MBA Sample Assignment.doc (45.5 KB, 369 views)
Old 7th September 2022, 05:43 PM
Anant Kumar

Thumbs up Re: SMU Assignment Sample

In my opinion Assignment live provides the best quality SMU solved assignment and SMU solved assignment answers, as recently i was searching for the same and i came across this website and I really liked their content related courses.
I recommend you to check them out, it will be helpful to you.