Go Back   2023 2024 MBA > MBA > Main Forum

Old 31st January 2018, 02:09 PM
Unregistered

Default Turbomachinery VTU

I am student of Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU) and from here doing engineering degree searching for notes. Will you provide me Turbomachinery VTU Notes along with list of subjects or topics I have to study in Turbomachinery subject so I prepare well for exams?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 31st January 2018, 02:12 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Turbomachinery VTU

Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU) previously spelled as Visveswaraiah Technological University is a collegiate public state university in Karnataka State.

Please find the below attached file for the Turbomachinery VTU Notes:

Turbomachinery VTU Notes

Turbomachinery syllabus:

Unit-1Introduction 7 hours
Definition of turbomachine, parts of turbomachines,Comparison with positive displacement machines, Classification, Dimensionless parameters and their significance, Effect of Reynold s number, Unit and specific quantities, model studies. Application of first and second law s of thermodynamics to turbomachines, Efficiencies of turbomachines. Problems.

Unit-2Thermodynamics of fluid flow 7 hours
Static and Stagnation states- Incompressible fluids and perfect gases, Overall isentropic efficiency, stage efficiency (their comparison) and polytropic efficiency for both compression and expansion processes. Reheat factor for expansion process.

Unit-3Energy exchange in Turbomachines 6 hours
Euler’s turbine equation, Alternate form of Euler s turbine equation, Velocity triangles for different values of degree of reaction, Components of energy transfer, Degree of Reaction, utilization factor, Relation between degree of reaction and Utilization factor, Problems.

Unit-4General Analysis of Turbomachines 6 hours
Radial flow compressors and pumps general analysis, Expression for degree of reaction, velocity triangles, Effect of blade discharge angle on energy transfer and degree of reaction, Effect of blade discharge angle on performance, Theoretical head capacity relationship, General analysis of axial flow pumps and compressors, degree of reaction, velocity triangles, Problems.

The Registrar
Visvesvaraya Technological University
Jnana Sangama
Belagavi : 590018
Karnataka, India.

Tele: 0831-2498100
Fax: 0831-2405467
E-mail : registrar[@]vtu.ac.in | (Remove [ ] while mailing to this ID)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in