Go Back   2023 2024 MBA > MBA > Main Forum

Old 8th July 2015, 09:28 AM
Unregistered

Default Xavier University Forensic Nursing

I have done B.Sc and now I want to pursue M.Sc in Nursing (forensic concentration) from Xavier University. Would you tell me what is the Time Duration of this Programme? Kindly provide me a link from where I can submit online Application for this Programme in Xavier University.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 9th April 2018, 09:20 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Xavier University Forensic Nursing

I want to do Forensic Nursing program in Xavier University so can you please provide me the details of the program?
Old 9th April 2018, 09:21 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Xavier University Forensic Nursing

According to the American Board of Forensic Nursing, forensic nursing is the application of science and the art of nursing to both criminal and civil investigations and legal matters.

Forensic Nursing

Forensics Track

100% online

Students who choose the forensics track are provided with advanced study of forensic nursing practice.

This track is intended to prepare nursing graduate students for further studies in various clinical roles such as Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner, Forensic Psychiatric Nurse, Legal Nurse Consultant, Forensic Nursing Death Investigator and/or Nurse Coroner.

Admission-

Applicants to the program must meet the following minimum criteria:

Be a licensed registered nurse in the United States and licensed in the state where practicum experiences are performed

Be a graduate of a diploma nursing program or a regionally accredited college or university's associate or bachelor degree nursing program (additional education required for post-master's and DNP programs)

Have completed an undergraduate statistics course, minimum grade of 'C'

Required of applicants to the Family Nurse Practitioner program:

A Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) from a regionally accredited college or university with a degree from a nursing program accredited by CCNE or ACEN (formerly NLNAC)

A Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) is required for the FNP post master's certificate FNP program

One year of experience as a registered nurse within the last five years

Application Requirements -

Graduate Application (online)

Resume

Essay (instructions provided at time of application) in the form of a:

Goal statement (applicants with a BSN or MSN) OR
Portfolio - RN's with an associate degree or diploma in nursing & RN's eligible for the mobility option

Unencumbered current RN license (School of Nursing will verify)

Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended

Three professional recommendations (provide contact information for recommenders in online application. Electronic form will be sent to them via email)y.

One recommendation must be from a current supervisor. The other two must be from health care professionals prepared at the master's or doctorate level.

Application questions:

Mrs. Betty Rosenacker
Administrative Assistant
Phone 513 745-3134
E-mail rosenackerb@xavier.edu

Contact-

Xavier University
3800 Victory Parkway
Cincinnati, Ohio 45207
513-745-3000