Go Back   2023 2024 MBA > MBA > Main Forum

Old 7th July 2015, 10:33 AM
Unregistered

Default EEE Syllabus Anna University Chennai

Hello Guys I am pursuing B.Tech in Electrical & Electronics Engineering (EEE) from Anna University Chennai. Yesterday I have misplaced my B.Tech (1st semester) syllabus and I have requirement of it for my exam. Would you please tell me from where can I get latest updated syllabus of B.Tech (EEE) (1st semester)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 23rd February 2018, 03:06 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: EEE Syllabus Anna University Chennai

Can you provide me the syllabus/course structure of B. E. EEE (Electrical and Electronics Engineering) Program offered by Anna University, Chennai?
Old 23rd February 2018, 03:09 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: EEE Syllabus Anna University Chennai

The syllabus/course structure of B. E. EEE (Electrical and Electronics Engineering) Program offered by Anna University, Chennai is as follows:

HS6151 TECHNICAL ENGLISH I

UNIT I

Listening - Introducing learners to GIE - Types of listening - Listening to audio (verbal & sounds); Speaking - Speaking about ones place, important festivals etc. Introducing oneself, ones family / friend; Reading - Skimming a reading passage Scanning for specific information - Note-making; Writing - Free writing on any given topic (My favourite place / Hobbies / School life, etc.) Sentence completion - Autobiographical writing (writing about ones leisure time activities, hometown, etc.); Grammar - Prepositions - Reference words - Wh-questions - Tenses (Simple); Vocabulary Word formation - Word expansion (root words / etymology); E-materials - Interactive exercises for Grammar & Vocabulary - Reading comprehension exercises - Listening to audio files and answering questions.

UNIT II
Listening - Listening and responding to video lectures / talks; Speaking - Describing a simple process (filling a form, etc.) - Asking and answering questions - Telephone skills Telephone etiquette; Reading Critical reading - Finding key information in a given text - Sifting facts from opinions; Writing - Biographical writing (place, people) - Process descriptions (general/specific) - Definitions - Recommendations Instructions; Grammar - Use of imperatives - Subject-verb agreement; Vocabulary - Compound words - Word Association (connotation); E-materials - Interactive exercises for Grammar and Vocabulary - Listening exercises with sample telephone conversations / lectures Picture-based activities.

UNIT III

Listening - Listening to specific task - focused audio tracks; Speaking - Role-play Simulation - Group interaction - Speaking in formal situations (teachers, officials, foreigners); Reading Reading and interpreting visual material; Writing - Jumbled sentences - Coherence and cohesion in writing - Channel conversion (flowchart into process) - Types of paragraph (cause and effect / compare and contrast / narrative / analytical) - Informal writing (letter/e-mail/blogs) - Paraphrasing; Grammar - Tenses (Past) - Use of sequence words - Adjectives; Vocabulary - Different forms and uses of words, Cause and effect words; E-materials - Interactive exercises for Grammar and Vocabulary - Excerpts from films related to the theme and follow up exercises - Pictures of flow charts and tables for interpretations.

UNIT IV
Listening - Watching videos / documentaries and responding to questions based on them; Speaking - Responding to questions - Different forms of interviews - Speaking at different types of interviews; Reading - Making inference from the reading passage - Predicting the content of a reading passage; Writing - Interpreting visual materials (line graphs, pie charts etc.) - Essay writing Different types of essays; Grammar - Adverbs Tenses future time reference; Vocabulary - Single word substitutes - Use of abbreviations and acronyms; E-materials - Interactive exercises for Grammar and Vocabulary - Sample interviews - film scenes - dialogue writing.

UNIT V
Listening - Listening to different accents, Listening to Speeches/Presentations, Listening to broadcast and telecast from Radio and TV; Speaking - Giving impromptu talks, Making presentations on given topics; Reading - Email communication - Reading the attachment files having a poem/joke/proverb - Sending their responses through email; Writing - Creative writing, Poster making; Grammar Direct and indirect speech; Vocabulary - Lexical items (fixed / semi fixed expressions); E-materials - Interactive exercises for Grammar and Vocabulary - Sending emails with attachment Audio / video excerpts of different accents - Interpreting posters.

Syllabus B. E. Electrical and Electronics Engineering Anna University, Chennai