I want to get IIT Madras HSEE syllabus
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 25th January 2013, 10:17 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: IIT HSEE syllabus

The HSEE syllabus for IIT Madras is given below:

General studies (in four parts-50% marks):

i) Indian Economics:
Understanding the Economy: Scarcity, opportunity cost, resource allocation, economic systems and their characteristics, features of market economies, forces of demand and supply, elasticity of demand and supply

Main Features of Indian Economy: Natural resources; human resources- population size and composition, literacy and education, occupational distribution

Major Economic problems: Poverty, Unemployment and Inequality - concepts, measurement, trends, sectoral distribution and policies, inflation – trends, causes and remedies

Economic Growth and Development: Meaning and measurement of economic growth, stages of development, national income concepts and trends, trends in savings and investment; human development index, national policy on education, health and health care policies

Planning in India: Five-Year Plans- objectives, priorities and problems

Sectoral Development: agriculture – green revolution and technological changes, current issues and policies; industry- evolution of industrial policies in India (from 1948), strategies for industrial development, public and private sectors, small and cottage industries, infrastructure, transport and communication, service sector, consumer awareness

Foreign Trade and International Economy: balance of payments, foreign exchange reserves and trade policy, I.M.F., W.T.O., international aid for economic growth

Money, Banking and Public Finance: concepts of money and measures of money supply, role of Reserve bank of India and commercial banks, banking sector reforms; taxes, expenditure and government budget, concepts of deficits, Finance Commissions

For the complete syllabus click on the attachment
Attached Files
File Type: doc IITM Syllabus HSEE.doc (28.5 KB, 40 views)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message