Go Back   2023 2024 MBA > MBA > Online MBA Discussions

Old 24th October 2016, 11:00 AM

Default MBA Scholarship Recommendation Letter

Discuss about mba scholarship recommendation letter here. Welcome to MBA.ind.in and this page is for mba scholarship recommendation letter discussion. If you are looking for mba scholarship recommendation letter then ask your question is as much details as possible in the “Quick Reply” box provided below. The more detailed your question will be, the more easy will it be for our experts to answers your query. And if you have any information on mba scholarship recommendation letter, then please share you knowledge with our viewers in the “Quick Reply” box. You knowledge can help many people. Thanks for stopping by at MBA.ind.in. Please visit again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12th March 2018, 04:00 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: mba scholarship recommendation letter

My friend is looking for sample Recommendation Letter to apply for scholarship of MBA Program. He also said me to search for it. So someone is here who will provide link to download sample recommendation letter for scholarship of MBA Program?
Old 12th March 2018, 04:01 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: mba scholarship recommendation letter

As you are looking for sample recommendation letter for scholarship of MBA Program, so here I am providing sample recommendation letter:

Sample Recommendation Letter for MBA Scholarship (1)
1. How long have you known the applicant, and in what context? Please comment on the frequency of your interaction. Joe and I were in the army together, we worked in parallel sections and sometimes collaborated on projects. In addition, I was one of his guard duty officers, in charge of supervising overnight base watch. We met at least once a week for this purpose, and frequently on a less formal basis. Joe and I worked together from 2000 to 2001, until we both finished our military service.

2. Have the applicant-s responsibilities evolved over the time you have known him or her? Joe-s responsibilities evolved continuously over the time I have known him, and especially when he was promoted to Sergeant. His responsibilities evolved more than those of his peers mostly because Joe was always looking for opportunities to improve the quality of service in the base. I was often amazed by his suggestions for improvement. One case in particular I can remember is when he asked my department to prepare a computerized report of all new recruits who have yet to complete their processing, sorted by birth date, and sub-sorted according to the specific parts they were missing in the processing. This made tracking the recruits- progress in the recruiting process much easier and more efficient, and was a great success. It was so obvious that I wondered how no one else had thought of it before.

3. How would you rate the applicant in comparison to others with similar responsibilities in your organization? Why? Joe stands out from his peers in several areas, but the two I think of most are his quick analytical skills and how easy he is to work with. His high intellect makes it easy to collaborate with him. Few of his peers had his level of talent for the computer environment. In every respect, Joe really stood out there were 50 soldiers in his group and I don-t remember all of them, but I remember him. I often did surprise checkups, and under his command, everything was always perfect. This is not true of some of the other sergeants: I might find that the soldiers were not doing their jobs, or were permitted to work without their uniforms. This is the sergeant-s fault: as Duty Sergeant, you have the difficult job of giving orders while still being one of the soldiers. I don-t know how he did it, but Joe could just say, Listen, put on your uniforms, please turn down the music, and people would just listen to him. It-s a kind of natural leadership quality that he has.

4. What are the applicant-s principal strengths and talents? Joe-s personality is one of his greatest strengths: I was always looking forward to working with Joe. He was always smiling, always taking it easy, even in demanding situations. He did his work very well and was never stressed about it, even though his section was really stressful—the 50 soldiers on his team worked from 7 in the morning until as late as 11 at night in the recruiting bureau. Of all the sections of our unit, his was the most demanding place of service.

5. In what areas can the applicant improve? Has he or she worked on those areas? There were a few instances where I remember Joe giving his subordinates assignments that were beyond their capabilities. This brought negative results and also lowered their morale. When I discussed this with him, he understood and it never happened again, to my knowledge. I see it as an indication of how ambitious Joe is to achieve excellence, which is a good thing overall.

6. Please provide concise comments on the applicant-s:

A. degree of self-confidence Joe-s work involved dealing with young recruits from all parts of society. Many of the recruits he worked with were very difficult to interview they sometimes were attempting to evade army service, and sometimes lied. I remember cases where people burst out shouting and once, a recruit started throwing a table and chairs. For most of the staff in Joe-s unit, this was sometimes really hard to deal with. Joe, however, always kept cool and in control. He had no trouble managing people who were in crisis, but at the same time he never lost his temper. He always had control of the situation, and we knew we could totally rely on him.

B. honesty and integrity There are many ethical issues in the work Joe did. For example, sometimes the people who came to his office were his relatives, his friends, friends of friends. This is when Joe-s strong ethics are really valuable you can-t make any kind of distinction between your friends and a total stranger. If someone who is your friend comes in, you have to let another person take care of him so the case will be handled with total indifference. I certainly know of cases where this has not happened as it should.

Joe was careful not to give any extra help to people he was connected to. It can be a very stressful experience for a 17 year old recruit, you have only one chance, you have to perform very well if you want to succeed in your army service. So Joe did what he could to help them on a personal level, but he didn-t pull any strings for anyone.

C. interpersonal teamwork/skills Joe is very respectful to his peers and to his subordinates. He is not the type of person who just gives orders or uses threats. In the army, it-s easy to make someone under you do his job you just threaten him with a disciplinary action, and then your subordinate will have to undergo some kind of hearing and be disciplined by a superior officer. Joe never filed a complaint about anyone. He took care of problems in his own way, talked to people and convinced them why he was asking what he was asking, helped them understand their job was important. Joe worked very well with authority — he was not intimidated, but he was also respectful of his place in this relationship. If I made a mistake, he was comfortable correcting me, but he was never rude. As a commanding officer, I had to file a lot of complaints, But with Joe nothing like that ever happened. It was a pleasure to command Joe and to collaborate with him, and I am sure he will be a really excellent manager in his future roles.

D. communication/presentation skills When Joe would come to my department to request data processing on his reports, he was very precise and accurate about what he wanted, which made my work really easy. Most of his colleagues didn-t have the ability to present their ideas as clearly as he had. He knew exactly how to phrase his request so we could just write it down as is and produce the report he requested.

E. potential for senior-level management I believe Joe would be a great person to work for. After his promotion, Joe served as second in command in his unit, and I observed that he was a natural manager. I always told him how much I appreciated that he was the one person I could totally rely on, I never heard complaints about him from anyone.

Sample Recommendation Letter for MBA Scholarship (2)
1. What is your relationship to, and how long have you known the applicant? During the period that Jane worked at our technology company, I held the position of CEO, President and Co-Founder of this company. Jane worked as a sales manager for the SMB market. Her role was to identify the unique characteristic of this market and to develop an effective sales model with an emphasis on significantly reducing sales and marketing costs compared to the enterprise business sector.
2. Provide a short list of adjectives which describe the applicant-s strengths. Managerial, interpersonal, independent, visionary, initiative-oriented. Jane initiated the upgrade of our CRM application, based on her perception that we needed a new system to serve our customers. She was particularly concerned with the new clientele we were seeking in South and Central America. She convinced me of the need for this, and then modified the company-s CRM application to improve what we were doing inside the department. In this and many other incidents, Jane showed that she has the gift to turn goals into results.

3. How does the applicant-s performance compare with that of his or her peers? Jane-s peers were the other salespeople in the organization there were five in all. She was the youngest, but she was also the most active. She was always full of questions and ideas, always eager to learn more so she could do her job better. As a salesperson she was superb: if a customer came to buy a small business program, he never walked away without purchasing our support package as well. After only 8 months in the company, she won the quarterly sales competition she not only reached her sales objectives but she even surpassed them.

4. How has the applicant grown during his/her employment with you? Please comment on the applicant-s maturity. What matured most for Jane was her sales ability, understanding the business. At first, she was selling something she didn-t know about at all a program in a language she didn-t know, although he subsequently studied computer science and learned more. She started simply by learning the buzzwords, and soon was talking to people on the phone who had a lot more idea than she did about what she was selling. She learned php, so she could communicate better with her clients, another demonstration of her motivation. But due to her personal skills and quick understanding, and her ability to adapt quickly, she created complex and in-depth communications with the customers, even before she understood the product.

Jane exhibited remarkable business orientation and ability to execute an inside sales operation which happened to be the most cost effective solution for dealing with thousands of SMB-s around the world.

As Jane got more involved in the business, I saw that she became more committed to understanding and studying computers. This came out of her drive to communicate better with her clientele, to understand the world she was living in, but soon I think she loved the technology. I am happy that this gave her that last push to study computer science.

5. Comment on the applicant-s ability to work with others, including superiors, peers and subordinates. If the tables were reversed, would you enjoy working for the applicant? Jane was always pleasant to work around it was important to her to bring a good atmosphere to the office, always upbeat with her peers, being friendly. We worked together, but each of us had his own sales objectives and clientele. Jane was competitive, but not competing against her peers as much as against her own personal best. She didn-t have any subordinates, and above her were her sales representative and myself, the CEO. Nonetheless, I believe that if her personal behavior as an employee is an accurate guide, she would be an excellent employer as well.

6. In what ways could the applicant improve professionally? How does he/she accept constructive criticism? I rarely had the opportunity to give Jane constructive criticism she was simply too good. But one thing I heard from her sales manager was that she should be more active if she needs something from somebody she often tried to handle things herself she should have gotten help with. She tried to teach herself but she didn-t have the background, and in the long run she did need to sit with the programmers and learn from them.

7. How well has the applicant made use of available opportunities? Consider his or her initiative, curiosity and motivation. An important element of Jane-s accomplishments was the way she took advantage of our expansion to the Americas to lead modification of the company CRM application. This not only offered her a great early leadership role, it also improved the productivity and efficiency of the inside sales department. Jane-s efforts to automate the selling process and to develop comprehensive “performance dashboard” was a crucial element in our ability to scale up the company-s inside sales operation.

8. Comment on your observations of the applicant-s ethical behavior. Jane was working alone, late hours, in the company, when she was new. I knew I could trust her, 6 pm to midnight, alone by herself. For her to work, without any supervision, she clearly showed how much we trusted her ethics and company commitment.

9. What do you think motivates the candidate-s application to the MBA program at Columbia Business School? Do you feel the applicant is realistic in his/her professional ambitions? As someone with an MBA, I know how vital advanced education is for our industry. She has told me about her goals to combine her study of computer science with a business orientation, and how she hopes the MBA will provide the international exposure and business skills to crank up her ability to be a business leader.

In fact, I was not surprised when she requested this recommendation from me, it just made sense. It has always been obvious to me that Jane was the sort of person who would pursue the overseas MBA route. Particularly because our company works mostly with US and international clientele, Jane-s commitment to developing her international orientation feels like the right move. Doing the MBA abroad will be a great tool to give her that extra push to advance into upper management here.

10. Are there any other matters which you feel we should know about the applicant? Hiring Jane without a lot of experience was a risk I was certain about, and she always rewarded my trust. I am sure that just as Jane-s determination and leadership qualities were one of the contributing factors behind our success, she will be a factor in driving our company forward in the future.