Go Back   2023 2024 MBA > MBA > Main Forum

Old 20th November 2015, 12:31 PM
Unregistered

Default Previous years question papers of ICFAI, MBA for group D, E and F of MBA

Sir I want the Previous years question papers of ICFAI, MBA so can you please give me the same
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 20th November 2015, 12:34 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Previous years question papers of ICFAI, MBA for group D, E and F of MBA

Here I am giving you the previous years question papers of ICFAI, MBA

Question Paper
Business Policy and Strategy (MB3I1) : January 2009
Section A : Basic Concepts (30 Marks)
This section consists of questions with serial number 1 - 30.
Answer all questions.
Each question carries one mark.
Maximum time for answering Section A is 30 Minutes.

1. An organization’s vision and mission act as guidelines for strategy formulation. Which of the following are the
main components of a well-conceived vision?
I. Core ideo logy.
II. Envisioned future.
III. Philosophy of the business.
IV. Principle technology.
(a) Both (I) and (II) above
(b) (I), (II) and (III) above
(c) (I), (III) and (IV) above
(d) (II), (III) and (IV) above
(e) All (I), (II), (III) and (IV) above.

2. Jaguar manufactures its cars in Europe and provides sales and services in different countries. Thus, Jaguar
derives a cost advantage by sharing technology development and manufacturing costs across different regions.
This is an example of
(a) Segment scope
(b) Vertical scope
(c) Horizontal scope
(d) Geographic scope
(e) Industry scope.

3. The assessment of the top management of the organization is a major reason for the internal analysis of an
organization. Which of the following are the important questions to be asked by the analyst while assessing top
management?
I. How has the organization been managed in the past?
II. How well is the company prepared to face the future?
III. How do stockholders collectively make themselves heard?
IV. How well did management assess its position, plan for change and carry out change?
(c) (I), (II) and (IV) above

4. In today’s global environment, rapid changes in technology, competition, customer demands have increased the
rate at which companies need to alter their strategies to survive in the market place. Which of the following
is/are the reason(s) for a technical change?
I. When new develop ments are made by competitors.
II. Strategists wishing to harness new technologies.
III. The tendency for large organizatio ns and markets to become increasingly global.
IV. The greater skills of managers and employees.
(a) Only (I) above
(b) Both (I) and (II) above
(c) (I), (II) and (III) above

5. Which of the following cost drivers is not included in the institutional factors?
(a) Tax holidays
(b) Location
(c) Unionization
(d) Tariffs and levies
(e) Local content rules.

6. Active and independent is one of the phases in three phase internationalization model. Which of the following
are the reasons why company chooses to increase its commitment to internationalization in this phase?
I. The firm doesn’t have any opportunity to learn and improve its position.
II. By producing locally, the firm can serve the local customers better.
III. Some countries impose high tariff barriers making it difficult and expensive to operate from outside.
IV. The firm doesn’t want to share its company specific kno wledge with other firms and wants to control the
knowledge through franchising, licensing or other modes.

7. Managers perform different roles. Which of the following is/are the interpersonal role(s) of a manager?
I. Figurehead role.
II. Entrepreneurial role.
III. Monitor role.
IV. Spokesman role.
(a) Only (I) above
(b) Both (I) and (II) above
(c) (I), (II) and (III) above

8. Retrenchment strategies are adopted when the firm’s survival is at stake. Liquidation is one of the retrenchment
strategies. Which of the following statements are true regarding liquidation strategy?
I. It involves closing down a business organization and selling its assets.
II. It is adop ted when the company has a weak competitive position in some or all of its produ ct lines.
III. It is adop ted when the industry is unattractive and the compan y too weak to be sold as a going concern.
IV. In this, the management converts as many saleable assets as possible to cash, which is then distributed to
the shareholders after all obligations are paid.

9. Which of the following is a series of different budgets based on different levels of outp ut?
(a) Zero base budget
(b) Cash flow bud get
(c) Balance sheet budget
(d) Flexible budget
(e) Variable budget.

10.Looking at strategic management as a process helps to highlight certain aspects of the strategic management
model. In this regard, which of the following statements are true?
I. A change in an y component will have an influence on several other components.
II. The process of strategic management sho uld be kept flexible.
III. A proper structure is essential for strategy to be operational.
IV. Feedback from institutionalization, review and evaluation will loop back into the early stages of planning.
(c) (I), (II) and (IV) above
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message