Go Back   2023 2024 MBA > MBA > Online MBA Discussions

Old 28th October 2016, 01:59 PM

Default ICFAI MBA Group F Question Papers Download

Discuss about icfai MBA group f question papers download here. Welcome to MBA.ind.in and this page is for icfai MBA group f question papers download discussion. If you are looking for icfai MBA group f question papers download then ask your question is as much details as possible in the “Quick Reply” box provided below. The more detailed your question will be, the more easy will it be for our experts to answers your query. And if you have any information on icfai MBA group f question papers download, then please share you knowledge with our viewers in the “Quick Reply” box. You knowledge can help many people. Thanks for stopping by at MBA.ind.in. Please visit again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 31st March 2018, 03:44 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: icfai MBA group f question papers download

Can you provide me the previous year question paper for Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts of India (ICFAI) University Politics M.B.A Business Administration Group H: Sales and Distribution Management (MB3H2M)?
Old 31st March 2018, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: icfai MBA group f question papers download

The previous year question paper for Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts of India (ICFAI) University Politics M.B.A Business Administration Group H: Sales and Distribution Management (MB3H2M) are as follows:

Section A : Basic Concepts (30 Marks)

1. The evolution of sales can be divided into seven generations. Which of the following statements relates to fourth generation of sales?
(a) Selling took place in the form of exchange of goods
(b) Goods were stored for sale at one place from where the buyers could purchase whatever they required
(c) The emphasis of the trader in this generation of sales was to identify the customers need and fulfil it with a product or service
(d) Traders realized that certain customers purchased goods from them repetitively and at regular intervals
(e) The salesperson assumes the role of a moderator, his aim being to make the customer realize the implications of buying the product or service.

2. Performance standards help sales personnel to know the level of performance they are expected to achieve.
Quality standard s are one of the types of performance standard. Which of the following is true about quality standard?
(a) These standards include all the aspects that can be measured directly without any complex calculations
(b) These standards include all the aspects which are subjective in nature and are measured by interpretation
(c) These standards include all the aspects involved in the selling activity that can be measured relative to the factor of time
(d) These standards include all the selling activities that are linked to organizational expenses
(e) These standards include all the aspects which are related to the organizational profitability.

3. In a line and staff organization, reporting relationships vary accord ing to the importance of staff activities.
Which of the following are the advantages of line and staff organization?
I. The presence of staff personnel adds expertise and a staff perspective to strategic decisions made by sales managers.
II. Generally, organizations that have more products and product lines opt for this structure.
III. Each function in the structure may try to further it s own obj ectives.
IV. This type of structure is suited for organizations operating in a stable environment because any change that is initiated will take place very slowly.
(a) Both (I) and (II) above
(b) Both (I) and (IV) above
(c) (I), (II) and (IV) above
(d) (II), (III) and (IV) above
(e) All (I), (II), (III) and (IV) above.

4. Which of the following is the function of dispatching material to meet the user requirements and involves activities such as matching the material with the order requisition and checking the material for packaging and any damage?
(a) Material handling
(b) Warehousing
(c) Stock control
(d) Outward transport
(e) Physical distribution management.

5. The quality of a sales organization is directly dependent on how well its sales managers fulfil their responsibilities. Which of the following is a responsibility of a sales manager?
(a) Deciding upon the priority and frequency of making calls
(b) Deciding upon the selling approach
(c) Administering the sales order
(d) Information gathering and reporting
(e) Organizing the sales effort.

6. Depending on the number of intermediaries and the degree of market exposure sought at each level,
manufacturers can choose from various distribution strategies available to them. Which of the following
statements relates to exclusive distribution, one of the distribution strategy?
(a) Companies pro vide time and p lace utility for customers
(b) It is driven b y the belief that every exposure to a customer is an opportunity to buy
(c) The image of the outlet occupies less prominence in the customers mind compared to the utility
offered by the prod uct
(d) It allo ws manufacturer greater control over intermediaries in the areas of price, credit and promotion
(e) It is adopted when the manufacturer lacks the resources to adequately influence the policies of all
intermediaries who can carry a particular product.

7. Non-visual clarification is one of the techniques used by salesperson to make sales presentation. Which of the
following is/are the technique(s) included in non-visual clarification?
I. Questioning.
II. Showmanship.
III. Demonstrating.
IV. Comparisons.
(a) Only (I) above
(b) Both (I) and (II) above
(c) (I), (II) and (IV) above

8. In Vertical Marketing Systems (VMS), channel members work for a specified benefit common to the whole
channel system. Corporate VMS is one of the types of VMS. Which of the following is/are true about
corpo rate VMS?
I. One company owns and operates the other channel members at different chan nel levels.
II. A company develops a corporate VMS, when it intends to p roduce nearly all of its internal requirements
through this system.
III. In this system, the level of control is less than that of administered vertical marketing system.
(a) Only (I) above
(b) Only (II) above
(c) Both (I) and (II) above
(d) Both (II) and (III) above
(e) All (I), (II) and (III) above.

9. Non-tariff barriers are the indirect means of restrictin g the entry or sale of foreign goods in the domestic
market. Regulatory barriers are the non-tariff barriers which may be direct or indirect in nature. Indirect
regulations is/are the regulation(s) imposed in the name of
I. National security.
II. Environmental protection.
III. Profit repatriation.
IV. Quotas.
(a) Only (I) above
(b) Both (I) and (II) above
(c) (I), (II) and (III) above

10.The various criteria for selecting channel members are sales, product, experience, administrative and risk
factors. Which of the following is a risk factor that need to be considered while selecting a channel member?
(a) The channel member’s ability to sell the company’s products in the market
(b) The channel members ability to handle pro ducts effectively
(c) The types of customers handled in the past by a channel member and their satisfaction levels
(d) The amount of work a channel member is handling
(e) The channel member’s commitment to the organization’s progress.

11. Globalization changes have forced present day managers to equip themselves with a different set of skills. For
a job that required aggressive selling skills and the ability to impart these skills to sales personnel, the sales
manager’s role has been transformed to becoming more of a planner and administrator, with emphasis on
conceptual and human skills. Which of the following is not an activity performed by the sales manager as
planner?
(a) Developing and implementing sales programmes and policies
(b) Developing the reporting relationships
(c) Preparing different policies for the sales force
(d) Assigning routine tasks to sales force
(e) Allocating resources to variou s sales activities.

12.Strategic Profit Model (SPM) is a tool for planning and evaluating the financial performance of a business.
Which of the following statements best relate(s) to this model?
I. It considers return on net worth as the most informative and significant measure of pro fitability of a
business.
II. It uses data from the income statement as well as from the balance sheet to measure profitability and
performance of a b usiness.
III. SPM functions as an effective tool to evaluate the pro fitability o f channel members.
(a) Only (I) above
(b) Only (II) above

13.Time series analysis is one of the methods used in quantitative forecasting. Which of the follo wing is/are true
with respect to time series analysis?
I. It is a method of estimation of future trends based on the past performance of the organization.
II. This method is normally used for long-term forecasts usually for a perio d of ten years and above.
III. This is done on the assumption that the environmental factors prevailing in the previous p eriods will also
be present in the future period.
(a) Only (I) above
(b) Only (II) above

14.Channel leaders have the right to permit other channel members to be associated with certain trade
associations. They can develop policies that permit memberships of channel members in certain associations,
only on condition of compliance with rules and regulations. Which of the following types of leadership power
is referred here?
(a) Reward
(b) Coercive
(c) Expert
(d) Referent
(e) Legitimate.

15.Organizations can set sales quotas based on sales forecasts method alone. Which of the following is/are true
with respect to this method?
I. This method is used only when the organization lacks the required data, capital, software or personnel to
estimate the territory or market potential.
II. It considers sales po tential of the given region.
III. Disposable income, employment, co nsumer preferences and other demographic and geographic factors
will be considered while developing sales forecasts.
(a) Only (I) above
(b) Only (II) above
(d) Both (I) and (III) above

16.Which of the following is a Windows NT geocoding system used by retailers in the US which categorizes
customers, based on geographic region?
(a) PrecisionCode
(b) Data designs
(c) Archer retail database marketing system
(d) Data Master
(e) Wholesaler database marketing system.

17.Which of the following wholesalers do not perform the activities of delivery, credit facilitation and
promotional activities but they undertake warehousing and own the title of the goods purchased from the
manufacturers?
(a) Drop shipp ers
(b) Cash-and-carry
(c) Mail-order
(d) General merchandise
(e) Truck.

18.A period ic sales force audit helps sales managers to identify problems, ascertain the cases for them, and take
necessary corrective action. Sales management function is one of the elements of sales audit. Which of the
following is not an activity in sales management functions?
(a) Recruitment and selection
(b) Sales management program
(c) Sales training
(d) Territories
(e) Compensation and expenses.

19.Which of the following stores sell products like apparel, shoes, cosmetics and house ware at every-day-low-
prices (EDLP) in a self-service environment. They purchase goods only when there are special offers or good
terms and conditions from manufacturers or wholesalers?
(a) Full-line discount stores
(b) Varity stores
(c) Off-price chains
(d) Thrift stores
(e) Flea markets.

20.Which of the following type of tests, test the candidate for strength, dexterity and coordination and are used for
the recruitment of drivers, pilots, and crane operators?
(a) Proficiency
(b) Psychomotor
(c) Personality
(d) Cognitive ability
(e) Polygraph